Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonVeezelsnider

FSX Patch?

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>It is a religion to some people. >>>Actually it probably closer to an obsession with some people>because religion is irrelevant - lets face it that little>foible has created ALL the wars across History>>But I would like to think that even you can admit that THIS is>one GIGANTIC stuffupNo, it's a religion, and its creating its own little war here.I'm flying...can't find the stuffup, even from FL350.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>>I would also VERY MUCH like to see the appropriate>>authorities>>>take meaningful action >>>>I know...you have to go to your fantasy world for that.>>>>Yes - I realise that after the last "case" where the power of>MONEY prevailed>Dude, go make a five year plan and come back in five years to tell us how it went.

A product (car) consists of about 20,000 physical parts and some basic embedded software that can fit on a 2MB ICC. Software like FSX consists of a few million lines of mostly handwritten code.You can wind, cringe and cry as long as you want. What are you trying to accomplish? That MS hands over the source code to you to make it truly your own copy? In legal terms, there is a difference between "owner" and to one who "owns the claim/copyright" of the product. You might own the lastest movie on DVD, but that doesn't enable it to broadcast it in public and comes with a lot of restrictions. This section had to be legally added, so XYZ kid cannot reverse-engineer some OS or FSX-dependent DLL or code. That's the whole point about the EULA. Nothing more, nothing less.Actually, FSX does perform better in Vista. At least for me. It is "written for Vista", because it installs and runs flawlessy on Vista. I can't find any reference stating "runs better with Vista" (although it does for me).What fiasco? Where? What did I miss? Was there anywhere a claim from Aces that said "guaranteed to run at xx fps"?To juggle around legal liabilites and false claims in caps is just comical. Go ahead and sue them and/or return your copy. I'll be very curious to see how it turned out for you. What's your point? To rally people around you for a class-action lawsuit? To prevent another release of FS? Or are you just p***ed off in general?Pat

Guest Funky D

Pat,I commend your level-headed posts... nice to get a little sanity in these forums every once in a while!-Paul

Guest Logan826

Terry, If this is the real way you feel about spending your money....dude I have some land for sale, great scenery, lake, swimming pool.........call me, the price is right.Dan

The fact of the matter is GM and Ford have released vehicles whichare unsatisfactory and maybe thats why they both are on the brinkof bankruptcy. Comparing a $12,000 - $ 40,000 vehicle to one softwarerelease which is a game is hardly comparing apples to apples.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

>>>Sorry to appear rude - but IF GM or Ford were to release a>>>vehicle under those conditions - they would be Bankrupt>>inside>>>a year and ALL the Directors would be in Gaol>>>>>>>Phil is NOT RELEASING A VEHICLE. He's trying to balance>what>>code changes go into SP1. Try to see through the hate.>>>>>Why is your Company so different?>>>>It must be different...and its doing something right...it>>makes billions of dollars. Your fantasy land where>Microsoft>>is crushed and all of its executives are lead away in chains>>is just that--a fantasy.>>>>Ummmm! - hello - is anyone out there>>Perhaps you can explain the difference to me - PLEASE>>Company A produces a "product" - they actually SELL it to the>consumer at whatever price the Consumer is willing to PAY ->The consumer is THEN the LEGAL owner of that Product - and the>consumer has to make whatever arrangements necessary to>protect that Product that they (the consumer) feels>appropriate - e.g. insurance etc>>>>Company B also produces a "product" (in fact several products)>- they appear to have manipulated the "system" whereby the>consumer that has actually paid REAL money for that product ->does NOT IN FACT OWN THAT PRODUCT - they basically RENT it at>ever changing conditions and ever changing CHARGES>>To Illustrate that point - I will point out all the deceptive>advertising that accompanied FSX - to wit - the proven FALSE>CLAIMS that it was "written for Vista" and that it would>"perform better under Vista" - That has now been well and>truly debunked from several of the members of staff involved>in this fiasco that FSX WILL NOT perform better under Vista ->This is aclear case of FALSE ADVERTISING (supported by the>printed material on the "box")>>Can someone please explain to me the difference between>Company A and Company B as far as LEGAL LIABILITIES for>wrongfull Misrepresentation apply?>>I would very much like to see that>>I would also VERY MUCH like to see the appropriate authorities>take meaningful action >Perhaps you can join the newest class action suit.That's the one where we are suing the person(s) who held a gun to ourheads and forced us to purchase FSX.I have no more problems with FSX than I have had with any previous versions patched or not.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

Guest Ozzie

>We fixed the photo-scenery problem with a QFE last year. >>That is the issue that was talked about last October iirc.Thats nice Phil - but what about ALL the othe issues

LOL That was great !! And true...Personally of all the sims from days gone by - I think I miss the original FU for plane ol fun. (Pun intended) Still remember the first time loading it up and doing aerobatics in the pitts, over photoreal terrain - and the sounds !Garett

>You can wind, cringe and cry as long as you want. What are you>trying to accomplish? That MS hands over the source code to>you to make it truly your own copy? In legal terms, there is a>difference between "owner" and to one who "owns the>claim/copyright" of the product. You might own the lastest>movie on DVD, but that doesn't enable it to broadcast it in>public and comes with a lot of restrictions. This section had>to be legally added, so XYZ kid cannot reverse-engineer some>OS or FSX-dependent DLL or code. That's the whole point about>the EULA. Nothing more, nothing less.>While that poster was certainly wrongheaded in tenor and fact, there was some shred of a point in there that I can empathize with. That is, I have real misgivings about a scenario in which you pay money for a product, and yet you do not own it. I think this is the wrong turn of events for the whole industry, but it's the modus operandi today.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Ummmm! - hello - is anyone out there>>Perhaps you can explain the difference to me - PLEASE>>Company A produces a "product" - they actually SELL it to the>consumer at whatever price the Consumer is willing to PAY ->The consumer is THEN the LEGAL owner of that Product - and the>consumer has to make whatever arrangements necessary to>protect that Product that they (the consumer) feels>appropriate - e.g. insurance etc>>>>Company B also produces a "product" (in fact several products)>- they appear to have manipulated the "system" whereby the>consumer that has actually paid REAL money for that product ->does NOT IN FACT OWN THAT PRODUCT - they basically RENT it at>ever changing conditions and ever changing CHARGES>>To Illustrate that point - I will point out all the deceptive>advertising that accompanied FSX - to wit - the proven FALSE>CLAIMS that it was "written for Vista" and that it would>"perform better under Vista" - That has now been well and>truly debunked from several of the members of staff involved>in this fiasco that FSX WILL NOT perform better under Vista ->This is aclear case of FALSE ADVERTISING (supported by the>printed material on the "box")>>Can someone please explain to me the difference between>Company A and Company B as far as LEGAL LIABILITIES for>wrongfull Misrepresentation apply?>>I would very much like to see that>>I would also VERY MUCH like to see the appropriate authorities>take meaningful action >Ozzie, there are basic fundemental differences, all of which you are well aware of before you buy the product. The same goes for music, movies, and other copyrighted intellectual property. If you're not willing to abide by the license as written by Microsoft or any other company, that's your right, but then just don't buy the product. Sorry the actually world doesn't conform to your interesting view of how it should work.

>While that poster was certainly wrongheaded in tenor and fact,>there was some shred of a point in there that I can empathize>with. That is, I have real misgivings about a scenario in>which you pay money for a product, and yet you do not own it. >I think this is the wrong turn of events for the whole>industry, but it's the modus operandi today.Rhett,Where have you been for the past 30+ years? Commercial software has always been marketed this way! It's always been a licensed product...Admin needs to show Ozzie the door...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Where have you been for the past 30+ years? Commercial>software has always been marketed this way! It's>always been a licensed product...>heh. I got the same reaction from someone else in another thread.Notice I was not *denying* the pervasive existence of this marketing strategy. I only said I didn't think it was the most ideal situation.I've been on the scene since I got an Apple //e in 1986.Not *all* commercial software has been marketed that way. But most, yes. And in the last 10 years, seems like 99% of it.>Admin needs to show Ozzie the door...Agreed. Or at least warned.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest ct8402

I thought I saw something in here (can't find it now) about a pending patch, upgrade or whatever for FSX. This upgrade is supposed to, among other things, assist frame rates "somewhat". Is this true, or did I dream this?-ct8402