vcol_emb17009-1024x576.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Link or more info?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

What is it? An Embrear? 

Ah! Above post coincided with mine. Wish it was a 195. I don't think Flybe had any 175's?

Edited by jarmstro

I have this aircraft in XP11. I wonder....

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Abomination of Embraer that uses Proline21 avionics and not Honeywell glass...come on virtualCol.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

6 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Abomination of Embraer that uses Proline21 avionics and not Honeywell glass...come on virtualCol.

Now you've spoilt it.😃

It's a 20-odd quid add-on, that's what Virtualcol do and they don't make a secret of that. If they spent time and money developing super-realistic avionics, their target audience wouldn't buy it because it wouldn't be 20 quid any longer.

Their products are cheap and cheerful sim aeroplanes which you can jump in and go with and which have a broad stab at the capabilities of the real aeroplane, but without going into massive complexity or getting hung up about doing so, and which come with a lot of liveries. If people  want super-duper realistic avionics, they are out there in the shape of things such as the FSL A320 etc. But there is a reason why an FSL A320 doesn't cost 20 quid, and even if it did, not everyone wants to fly things which require you to read a manual for a week and spend twenty minutes pre-flighting every time you crank it up, before you can even move the thing.

Expecting this to have fancy super-realistic avionics is not only to misunderstand where it is coming from, but is also akin to expecting a Ford Fiesta to be equipped like a Bentley. There is nothing wrong with having or wanting a Fiesta, it's a pretty good car and it does what it does very well, but it isn't a Bentley; the same is true of Virtualcol's products.

Now if you want to be legitimately critical of Virtualcol, then you can be, in pointing out that their MSFS Beech 99 should have a better VC than it does. This they certainly could manage for the price it comes in at, and indeed they probably should too, since it is in many respects their 'shop window' on the MSFS marketplace given that it was the first gas turbine add-on in the market, thewir first MSFS add-on, and it is cheap enough for people to take a punt on. But for many, if they took a punt on that and saw its VC, they might never consider anything else from them ever again. This is a shame, because you only have to look at their FSX/P3D Airbus A220 to know that they can make a decent VC with glass avionics when they want to.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well....just no!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Thanks for posting...as long as it flies decently well from A->B and is around that low price point you mention I’ll probably go for it...it will likely be the only E-Jet that we’ll in MSFS anytime soon.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thought it was this ...

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

What is it? An Embrear? 

Ah! Above post coincided with mine. Wish it was a 195. I don't think Flybe had any 175's?

Oh yes they did :)))

Regularly used on Manchester - Brussels and Heathrow - Inverness...  also rotated onto the Manchester - Jersey and Manchester - Hanover  I believe.

Z9Yi66q.jpg

Regards

GRaham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

It's a 20-odd quid add-on, that's what Virtualcol do and they don't make a secret of that. If they spent time and money developing super-realistic avionics, their target audience wouldn't buy it because it wouldn't be 20 quid any longer.

Honestly for 20$, this is actually not bad and I don't expect much from it anyway, I will definitely get it once it gets released.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I mean. It's virtuacool. This is like Carenado

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.