Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

OMG I cant believe it! 787Mod has beaten the FBW team

Well the branch name says "POC" so I guess it's a proof of concept and still a while away til it's working but good to know it's not far off!

They really need to fix the discord link !

Ok capturing the ILS is perhaps too generous. It went towards the ILS, but didnt change from HDG to LOC (loc stayed white even though it obviously was flying towards the ILS), and the GS didnt kick in (stayed white/armed). I had to disconnect the AP and fly it manually. Flew nicely, a little bit floating in the flare, but that could simply be because of my lacking skills in flying the 78. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

We've been working on a full version that is able to fly all ARINC-424 legs (including all holds and procedure turns), not just TF (track to fix) legs. Not to mention all of the code (specific to the real Honeywell Pegasus FMC) that goes into lateral navigation, as well as drawing the route on the navigation display. The navigation display itself is being re-written from scratch as part of this effort, and is already leading to some massive performance improvements. Plus, we'll be able to adapt this re-written ND for use in the A380X.

Quality takes time, and we're not sparing any expense here, so to speak.

Edited by IcemanFBW
  • Like 35
  • Upvote 1

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

38 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

We've been working on a full version that is able to fly all ARINC-424 legs (including all holds and procedure turns), not just TF (track to fix) legs. Not to mention all of the code (specific to the real Honeywell Pegasus FMC) that goes into lateral navigation, as well as drawing the route on the navigation display. The navigation display itself is being re-written from scratch as part of this effort, and is already leading to some massive performance improvements. Plus, we'll be able to adapt this re-written ND for use in the A380X.

Quality takes time, and we're not sparing any expense here, so to speak.

lol ignore this thread and do what y’all do best. Don’t rush it. Eternally grateful for what your team has done!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

TL:DR of this thread: OP spoke too soon, is wrong

and I was right. it's all good though.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi,

This seems to be a major improvement of the B787. It flew the proscribed pattern well and flew the ILS nicely.

However, I didn't see a separate B787 in the "Airliners" to select. Is it just overlayed?

The legs didn't show up in the FMC or ND. The ILS did show up when selected in Destination/Approach.

I used the linker app for the a/c mod and the MSFS map for the nav legs.

The aircraft was very smooth and felt about right.

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

Well at least there is an effort by the community to fix "make it flyable" the 787 because by lord the default is pretty bad and we know Asobo will not fix it.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

and I was right. it's all good though.

I dont have big problems with following along the lnav route. Serms to come and go when it decides to offtrack or stop following completely. Might have something to do with winds aloft. Dunno. 

Currently flying from ENGM to KJFK and Im near Iceland already. Its going perfectly so far. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I wonder way somone would want to buy CS777 when they can fly this. But each to there own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hello,

Who said the FlyByWire Simulations team has been busting their butts-off to make LNAV working? Do you know that they have completely scrapped the whole code just to make it from scratch without even using the code written by Asobo? Do you know that they are trying to make it work with Navigraph (Free/Subscription) + NavBlue? There are a lot of things they need to get done before even considering making something to work. 

Also, you are completely wrong. Just because the B737 made an LNAV working, that doesn't make their airplane better than the A320neo. You've got two different airplanes with way different cockpits and systems you are not aware of.