Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flysimware Grumman Widgeon out

I like the update. The sound in particular turned out great.
The problem remains that the bird has too much power. I have to reduce the MP to below 15" while cruising so that I don't fly far in the yellow area in terms of speed.

So long,
Ron

On 7/15/2021 at 4:35 PM, RonVandermeer said:

I like the update. The sound in particular turned out great.
The problem remains that the bird has too much power. I have to reduce the MP to below 15" while cruising so that I don't fly far in the yellow area in terms of speed.

Having just completed a flight with the 1.2 update from 7/14, unfortunately I have to agree.

@ark or @Flysimware, it would be very much appreciated if you could please look into this.  I was flying at 500' MSL straight & level, and with only 17 to 18 inches of manifold pressure was flirting with V(ne) with 50% fuel and approx 680 lbs payload on board (a NeoFly "Pizza drop" mission out over open water) .  Can't be right, can it?  I absolutely love this aircraft otherwise and hope you aren't pulling your hair out after the many updates that this has gone through in BETA. 

Thank you

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Is it just me or did the instrument panel get darker?

33 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Having just completed a flight with the 1.2 update from 7/14, unfortunately I have to agree.

@ark or @Flysimware, it would be very much appreciated if you could please look into this.  I was flying at 500' MSL and with only 17 to 18 inches of manifold pressure was flirting with V(ne).  Can't be right, can it?  I absolutely love this aircraft otherwise and hope you aren't pulling your hair out after the many updates that this has gone through in BETA. 

Thank you

I just tried v1.2 at 1000 ASL and I don't get anywhere near Vne (red line) at 17 inches of MP, but I do get about Vno (begining of the yellow 'caution' arc). I'll let Mark know of the concerns.

Al

Edited by ark

26 minutes ago, ark said:

I just tried v1.2 at 1000 ASL and I don't get anywhere near Vne (red line) at 17 inches of MP, but I do get about Vno (begining of the yellow 'caution' arc). I'll let Mark know of the concerns.

Al

My bad I did mean Vno.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

34 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Is it just me or did the instrument panel get darker?

I noticed it too but I thought it might have been the addon livery I was using (N722 US Fish and Wildlife Service that has a very dark fuselage).

"That's what" - She

10 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I noticed it too but I thought it might have been the addon livery I was using (N722 US Fish and Wildlife Service that has a very dark fuselage).

I was using the default civilian livery

On 7/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, Stoopy said:

@ark or @Flysimware, it would be very much appreciated if you could please look into this.  I was flying at 500' MSL straight & level, and with only 17 to 18 inches of manifold pressure was flirting with V(ne) with 50% fuel and approx 680 lbs payload on board (a NeoFly "Pizza drop" mission out over open water) .  Can't be right, can it?  I absolutely love this aircraft otherwise and hope you aren't pulling your hair out after the many updates that this has gone through in BETA. 

Thank you

Yes somehow the aircraft got faster after we made some improvements on the flight dynamics. We have noted this and will update one the new sim update comes out as we have new water effects and other new effects coming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RonVandermeer said:

With the latest Version 1.5 the water effects are gone, which came with the 1.4.

The speed is much better now though!  I wasn't aware of 1.3 and just got the 1.5 update, and yeah no wake effects for this great bird.  I just figured it was maybe still being worked on. 

And I like the little squeaky fans 🙂

"That's what" - She

And just a heads up, it seems that Jankees Blom is once again cranking out some very attractive liveries for this cool bird...

https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/grumman-g44a/

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

6 hours ago, PapaRomeo said:

Please bring back water effects.

This is some kind of a bug that crept into the recent update, or something changed in the sim -- will be fixed I'm sure.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PapaRomeo said:

Please bring back water effects.

FSW found the effects problem -- look for an update sometime today.

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

FSW found the effects problem -- look for an update sometime today.

Al

Glad to hear it 🙂

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD