Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi everyone,

We tested and tested, reported and reported, they could not replicate it.. As a developer I understand their position if you cannot replicate an issue you cannot fix it.. How? Put random code and hope for the best? We have to be sensible here.

@simbol ....... LOL Now that is funny! Did you forget that this is a flight sim forum?? "sensible" is a word not allowed here.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

@simbol , would you suggest that we preventively apply the LM workaround even if I dont exibit the problem now?

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

31 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

@simbol , would you suggest that we preventively apply the LM workaround even if I dont exibit the problem now?

No, if you are not affected just leave it.. I am affected, always was during the latest beta drops..and will be testing a posible solution with LM soon.

S.

Is the workaround just to go to P3Ds HTML5 folder and rename Appmenu? I've changed it to Appmenu.off but it doesn't seemed to have solved the ATC problem. I can access the ATC window but I can't do anything when it in...can't tune ground or ATIS etc...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

No, if you are not affected just leave it.. I am affected, always was during the latest beta drops..and will be testing a posible solution with LM soon.

S.

so bizarre something like this is so hard for them to track down right?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Indeed I had to show videos so they could see it.. They try a lot of things to prevent it and recover from a freeze.. Was better at release date.

Just to give you an insight, we tested 9 release candidates.. The biggest number in history.. Normally we see 2 or 3 release candidates..

So is not like they didn't acknowledged it.. It just they were unable to replicate it on their side.. Similarly there were beta testers unable to experience it and replicate it even following my videos with steps to make it happen.

I am sure with more data now it will be narrowed down. It will be fixed, I have no doubt about it.

S.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Maybe it is an issue with/caused by Windows...who knows. All possibilities are open at the moment.

We have so many Windows Versions out there. Tiny updates which can make the difference. Also other components which can influence this. 

I would not bet on this it´s 100% a LM issue. Maybe they are only affected but can´t solve.

Like we had a Nvidia Memory Leak in VR a couple of weeks ago which only Nvidia could solve. But LM was affected.

So.....we all hope they will find the cause. no matter were. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

@mpo910 @simbol has anyone during the beta period reported interment screen issues with heavy rain in EA mode? I just posted this up over on the P3D forums. Very strange and tied directly to EA rain. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142655

I and others did test Rain. But I´ve had no issues with it. I tested views, panning, upwards, downwards panning, slew and flying around. Quick view changes, different weather themes fast and normal changes, different rain rates, etc....

Never had a black screen or any issue like you described.

So thanks for posting this at LM. Good decision.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I and others did test Rain. But I´ve had no issues with it. I tested views, panning, upwards, downwards panning, slew and flying around. Quick view changes, different weather themes fast and normal changes, different rain rates, etc....

Never had a black screen or any issue like you described.

So thanks for posting this at LM. Good decision.

Marcus

I think It's very specific to heavy rain. 

• Like 1

Eric 

25 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think It's very specific to heavy rain. 

I can confirm this. When EA turned on and weather set to "Gray and Rainy" P3D hung with DXGI Device Hung. On 5.0 was all ok.

I will say one thing - as critical of LM as I am sometimes, I really feel for them here. It looks like they are trying their best to improve the platform. They seem to to honestly listening to feedback and collecting issue reports in order to fix issues. This is a very complex piece of software. But this new release has somewhat renewed my faith in P3D's continuous push to develop the platform. Maybe not in the ways that some are looking for, but in other meaningful ways. It really helps my perspective to keep the 3 sims separate from each other. The scope of P3D's project doesn't need to compete with MSFS. There is room for both on my computer (and for X-Plane too, though I hardly ever use it)... As long as development and improvement continues and the simulator is not abandoned, it will always find room on my hard drive. Maybe not with all the aircraft I own installed, but, the key ones I love using. I just want to thank LM and the beta testers for their work and the continuous effort to make this the best it can be. Long live P3D (and MSFS and XP)... Exclusivity is not needed here. 😉

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wimona said:

I can confirm this. When EA turned on and weather set to "Gray and Rainy" P3D hung with DXGI Device Hung. On 5.0 was all ok.

I would suggest you go to my post in the link above and let LM know.

Eric 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:21 AM, B777ER said:

What do you mean by this? Is this mandatory after a full reinstall?

Sorry, just saw this reply. Its a script in the Prepar3d V5 folder that clears files such as the Prepar3D cfg, shader cache and a few other CFGs I believe. I don't know if its required but I've always seen it suggested on the Orbx forum and a few other places, so I do it almost every upgrade.

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

Is the workaround just to go to P3Ds HTML5 folder and rename Appmenu? I've changed it to Appmenu.off but it doesn't seemed to have solved the ATC problem. I can access the ATC window but I can't do anything when in it...can't tune ground or ATIS etc...

Edited by BWBriscoe

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti