Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

19 hours ago, michaelth said:

If it is that tricky, why does it only affect the B717?

Michael

Couldn’t tell you, I don’t know.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

The solution was posted above. You need to delete your ShaderHLSL folder and then reinstall the client. Basically, you have incompatible shaders and you need to clear them out so the 5.2 client can install the new defaults.

Cool, thanks,  I had just deleted the shader folder but something went wrong, clearly.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Deleted.

Edited by onebob

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Is this your recommendation because the ShadersHLSL folder could have been modified by some third party software, thus leaving spurious  shader files in there after uninstalling the Client?

Uninstalled the Client.  Deleted Shaders folder and the reinstalled.  All fixed now.  I also ran AI lights reborn and applied after it was working.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 6/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, PilotPete99 said:

Anyone else getting this message "Installation Needed - Local  - AS P3D Connector needs installation or Update. Press OK to launch AS P3D Connector Installer?" And then i press to install, it says it is successful and then the message keeps pooping up as if it didn't work. Not sure what the issue it, I've updated AS several times and never had this issue.

Edit: This has now been resolved.

Cheers, Pete

Hello Pete,

may i ask how this problem is reseolved?

I still get this Connector message over and over again.

Thanks and Regards,

Steffen

3 hours ago, Whenmaker said:

Hello Pete,

may i ask how this problem is reseolved?

I still get this Connector message over and over again.

Thanks and Regards,

Steffen

I installed the updated AS before I updated P3d to v5.2, so I think it didn’t connect with v5.1. This seemed odd, because I thought it said on the Hifi website that the new AS was compatible with v5.1, but once I installed P3dv5.2 client the error went away. I just assumed that was the issue.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

You nailed it Pete. 👍

I had a little infight on the Hifi support forum, because they mean their "things are sorted out", but the are not.😉

The problem also disappeared when I installed P3Dv5.2.

So if you want to stay with P3Dv5.1, don't use their latest beta.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers, Steffen

• Like 3

10 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Seriously done a lot of tidying up, loading, reloading and reinstalling a variety of files fo 5.2 (wasted a day it seems). Narrowed down the problem to three areas so

1. Anybody had any issues with FSL Spotlights and 5.2. For older models it appears to crash the sim newer ones not at all. That is removing the spotlights ini stopped the CTD for that model only. Why one model and textures is ok but another results in a CTD with FSl spotlight ini is unknown at the moment. EA and the dynamic lighting causing a clash?

2. Not sure why but some older sound files pre V5 (some back to MS2004) that played ok in FSX and 5.1 now seem unstable in 5.2 reverting to an alternate sound package, fixed some issues here. I know there are changes to 5.2 and the way it is handling sound. 

3. Still have a mysterious hide and seek issues with one addon - picked up by P3D and allowed - but will not appear in the vehicle menu even though the previous sim load, there it was and working?

As you will have guessed these are all older models that have been reworked first into FSXA and then into P3DV5 - so can of worms for these really. 

Resolved - The Shader Issue is the subject of another post but the problem was FSL Spotlights. The older models now all work. The common problem was they all had FSL Spotlight ini files to fix up poor VC lighting. FSL Spotlights worked fine in 5.1 and does install as an addon into 5.2 but activating the lights via the GUI for the model causes CTD. Seems this addon will need a work around and is intefereing with the way 5.2 works with light and shade!

If I try to load an a/c with the Milviz weather radar, I get a CTD, so I assume an update is needed for P3Dv5.2. However, I can't seem to find a statement from Milviz on this. Anyone else seeing CTDs with this addon in P3Dv5.2?

Thx,

Al

Two issues with 5.2 I'm getting still:

1. When I switch to external view the sim freezes for 1-1.5 seconds.

2. The ATC window doesn't work. I can make it appear, but I can't select anything on it (ground, tower, ATIS etc). Although GSX, ASP3D windows all work.

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

18 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

2. The ATC window doesn't work. I can make it appear, but I can't select anything on it (ground, tower, ATIS etc). Although GSX, ASP3D windows all work.

Thanks

There are bugs with the HTML5 code. Causes the whole screen to go black on me when I've been in fullscreen for a while when I try to right click to change views. Have to go back to windowed mode to get it to work. LM have borked the heck out of this. They should have left it in scaleform. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

26 minutes ago, B777ER said:

There are bugs with the HTML5 code. Causes the whole screen to go black on me when I've been in fullscreen for a while when I try to right click to change views. Have to go back to windowed mode to get it to work. LM have borked the heck out of this. They should have left it in scaleform. 

Strange that LM botch this update so much when MSFS is bearing down on them so much. I'm a hardcore P3D user, but even I've been using FS more recently and updates like this push me further away...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

On 6/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, B777ER said:

Ahhh I'm glad it's not just me.  I had exactly the same issue as you on my first flight. 

Are you sure it's not down to gsync and variable refresh rate setting? 

That was going to be my first troubleshooting step tomorrow. 

I didn't think it might be html.  Who they going to blame on.  Dx12 again? 

They also havnt fixed the text box stutter issue, or the full screen dx12 issue when using fstramp for example.  Didnt check the vector data in Canada i wanted fixed

You didn't Eric think for one minute they would test something throughly as important as right click and  changing views did you?   

Do try and keep up. No one checks stuff properly anymore, they get the punters to do it for them afterwards after they release too early. 

Still at least the VR works for 10 percent of users (non military) who use VR.  Oh yeah and the quick fix on the bridges which must of taken all of whopping whole  day to fix... 

I give up. I really do 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks

56 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Are the 3 of us sure its not down to gsync.?? 

Eric you seen to be more clued up with it. 

Maybe I'm clutching at straws as it's only doing it in full screen????  Surely that means something??? 

14ppkc-6.png

Hi:

Is the QW 787 good to go in v5.2?  I can't seem to locate any word in their forum.

Thanks! 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home