Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

Realair Turbine Duke in 5.2

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Turbine Duke in 5.2?

I have a fresh install of 5.2 and the elevator trim is stuck in the full down position.

I've activated/deactivated FSUIPC, EzDok, reset key commands to default, reinstalled the Duke all to no avail.

Any ideas/experience are welcome.

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

Tried both. No joy

David Porrett

10 hours ago, DavidP said:

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Turbine Duke in 5.2?

Just did... and it is working just fine.. 😉

Did not touch the airplane, simply installed Client and Content for 5.2.

Bert

Hi Bert

Thanks for your reply.

I uninstalled 5.1, left everything else as is, installed 5.2.

Must be something on my side then so investigations continue.

David Porrett

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just did... and it is working just fine.. 😉

Did not touch the airplane, simply installed Client and Content for 5.2.

Same here. No problems with the TD.

I did have one other thought. When you do a P3d5 install, it sets all the controls to its defaults for your specific devices (yoke, throttle, buttons, etc.). Were you previously using a non-default profile? Also make sure that if you use FSUIPC that it's the most recent version and all the P3d5 default controls are disabled.

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I did have one other thought. When you do a P3d5 install, it sets all the controls to its defaults for your specific devices (yoke, throttle, buttons, etc.). Were you previously using a non-default profile? Also make sure that if you use FSUIPC that it's the most recent version and all the P3d5 default controls are disabled.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try and report back.

I did delete the FSUIPC.cfg file and let it rebuild. I also disabled FSUIPC altogether and restored the keyboard commands to default. I also disabled EzDok in case a key somewhere there was interfering.

David Porrett

OK, decided to go nuclear. Uninstalled 5.2. Uninstalled the Duke. Removed all the "bits'n'pieces".

Reinstalled 5.2. Deleted all default keyboard assignments. Calibrated my Hotas Warthog joystick.

Installed Duke - no mods or anything.

Loaded up. Trim tab in full down position. Assigned elevator trim up to a single button on the joystick (the only assignment - no FSUIPC).

Trim wheel works in correct sense. When holding down, trim tab eventually moves into position, then will snap back to full down.

I note looking at VC that the trim wheel is "jiggling" for want of a better word.

I shut down both engines and the behaviour remains the same.

Hope I haven't gotten to the end of the line for this lovely aircraft. I wish Realair could have kept it going... 😥

David Porrett

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Hope I haven't gotten to the end of the line for this lovely aircraft.

This has got to be a controller assignment, or do you have the autopilot switched on??

Bert

12 minutes ago, DavidP said:

OK, decided to go nuclear. Uninstalled 5.2. Uninstalled the Duke. Removed all the "bits'n'pieces".

Reinstalled 5.2. Deleted all default keyboard assignments. Calibrated my Hotas Warthog joystick.

Installed Duke - no mods or anything.

Loaded up. Trim tab in full down position. Assigned elevator trim up to a single button on the joystick (the only assignment - no FSUIPC).

Trim wheel works in correct sense. When holding down, trim tab eventually moves into position, then will snap back to full down.

I note looking at VC that the trim wheel is "jiggling" for want of a better word.

I shut down both engines and the behaviour remains the same.

Hope I haven't gotten to the end of the line for this lovely aircraft. I wish Realair could have kept it going... 😥

A user in another forum found out that the update autoassigned the trim to the slider axis on his HOTAS. Try to find out all axis assignments of your setup instead of button assignments.

The "jiggling" must be from noise of one of the axis.

Edited by snapshot21

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

This has got to be a controller assignment, or do you have the autopilot switched on??

I agree, however at the moment I have only one assignment, and that is "Trim Up" on a joystick button. All default assignments have been deleted and no FSUIPC

Autopilot is off.

A mystery as in previous iterations I have simply installed and everything works. 

David Porrett

3 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I agree, however at the moment I have only one assignment, and that is "Trim Up" on a joystick button.

Delete that as well, during troubleshooting.

Turn the autopilot on and off...

Are no other airplanes affected??

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Delete that as well, during troubleshooting.

Turn the autopilot on and off...

Are no other airplanes affected??

Yep, started with no assignments at all, then added that one. Behaviour was the same.

I just shut down to cold and dark, behaviour the same - trim wheel just jumping around.

In my previous attempts at a resolution I had PMDG installed and they seemed OK.

I know it's something at my end but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

David Porrett

8 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I know it's something at my end but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

While you are sitting on the ground with the engines on, turn the autopilot on and off, turn ALT on and off.

Does the trim wheel move at all?

Can you move the trim wheel with the mouse wheel?

Use CTL-e to start the engines... etc

Which default aircraft do you use to start up the sim?

Try a really simple aircraft and save the scenario as your start up..

Something is getting stuck..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert