Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

What LR Must Do

2 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

You are an interesting dude.  

Gotta give you credit for being passionate about your convictions.  Hats off to that.  I suppose it does take more courage to continue leading a parade even after you look back and find that no one else is following.

You guys should have learned about carrying an argument with mSparks by now 😉.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Janov said:

😃

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, Janov said:

It's also interesting that only XP haters, trolls, and fan__s of the competing sims are left in the thread. People genuinely interested in XP are simply ignoring them... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

14 minutes ago, Murmur said:

It's also interesting that only XP haters, trolls, and fan__s of the competing sims are left in the thread.

I've always had great respect for mSparks who persistently argues his case without resorting to the sort of crass comments like the one above. I've learnt a lot from him even though at times it seems to me he can't see the wood for the trees.😀 All his debating is though done without rancour for which I salute him.

"Crass"? I'm just stating the facts.

• Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

41 minutes ago, Murmur said:

It's also interesting that only XP haters, trolls, and fan__s of the competing sims are left in the thread. People genuinely interested in XP are simply ignoring them... 🤷‍♂️

They like to debate with mSparks, because his arguments are so inept they can feel much more clever. And then, they can pretend elsewhere that all X-Plane users are "crazy supporters" (the word I wanted to use is censored). I can't count the number of times i've read "X-Plane users are this or that...". And in the same vein:  "Linux users are this or that", with very disparaging "this or that".

Pascal

Edited by Pascal_LSGC
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Murmur said:

"Crass"? I'm just stating the facts.

I take it then, by definition of your facts, that you do not have a genuine interest in X-Plane as you are still participating in the thread.😂

Well, I don´t think anyone should be excluded from an argument, just because he strongly likes or dislikes something.

What I don´t like is people not adhering to the simple rules of discussion, it becomes fruitless that way.

If we want to discuss if the sun is rising in the East or the West - and I keep claiming that it rises in the West, post all sorts of pictures and other nonsense that is simply not verifiable and then start claiming that for me "West" is not what other people understand it to be and that "sunrise" does not necessarily mean that the sun rises, it could also happen to be setting or moving sideways or when viewed from space it doesn't mean the same and at my hometown the sun sets at noon and I really think there is more light at night than during the day...

Fruitless 🙂

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

They like to debate with mSparks, because his arguments are so inept they can feel much more clever. And then, they can pretend elsewhere that all X-Plane users are "crazy supporters" (the word I wanted to use is censored). I can't count the number of times i've read "X-Plane users are this or that...". And in the same vein:  "Linux users are this or that", with very disparaging "this or that".

Pascal

Im flattered.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I've always had great respect for mSparks who persistently argues his case without resorting to the sort of crass comments like the one above. I've learnt a lot from him even though at times it seems to me he can't see the wood for the trees.😀 All his debating is though done without rancour for which I salute him.

I try, there is really no need to make things personal or stray from the things that determine an opinion.

Everyone can be wrong - me - even the 747 fcom:

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/issues/591

its also good to talk through issues - the only way they get resolved.

Far to many people resort to insults when they lose though. 

• Like 3

AutoATC Developer

16 hours ago, mSparks said:

Actually I was referring to MVFR.

This sort of thing

Really? because you also said this...

19 hours ago, mSparks said:

I think the insult I guess (not that I've heard it) is that it doesn't have the stuff needed for IFR (flight planning stuff IIRC?), and doesn't have the view distance or elements needed for VFR.

So again I ask..

So, what VFR flight have you attempted to take in MSFS where you were hindered by lack of view distance / elements needed for VFR, and just couldn't make it?

8 hours ago, Murmur said:

More name calling from you....and you apparently are not "ignoring them" as you post these interesting thoughts to somehow get them to leave.

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

what VFR flight have you attempted to take in MSFS where you were hindered by lack of view distance / elements needed for VFR, and just couldn't make it?

One in MVFR VMC navigating between navaids and churches and along powerlines?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2N3NyaB.jpg

Nyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeowwwwwwwwwwwwww

ZL16 orthos, X-Europe, Zibo's 737 and nothing else on the visual side. On the invisible side, there's Enhanced Cloudscapes (with a "zero FPS impact" preset), Avitab, AutoATC for AI traffic injection, X-ATC-Chatter/SimpleATC for ATC (combined with MaryTTSManager for multiple voices independent of OS), a self-made LOD adjustment script for situations that maintains 40 FPS in emergencies, Simple Ground Services, BetterPushback, SeaTraffic for ships, XChecklist for better checklist handling and SAM for scenery object seasons.

Now if Laminar made the features provided by all these plugins the XP12 baseline, I'd be more than happy. (Obvious exceptions: Orthos + X-Europe should be autogen and landclass with greater variety and that LOD adjustment script should be rendering engine efficiency increases. And you just can't expect them to provide FCOM-complete aircraft out of the box.)

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

So you make a comment about VFR, I ask a question about VFR (twice), and then you write this...

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

One in MVFR VMC navigating between navaids and churches and along powerlines?

...in the form of a question to hide the fact that you are trying to evade the point. Thanks for clarifying that you make a lot of statements about MSFS that simply are not true (like it takes 2 hours to download scenery).

Good luck with the ortho and "experimental" clouds...because that is obviously the answer to "bleeding eyes" (your words). I am sure that you have spent more than 2 hours chasing those rainbows...

31 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Thanks for clarifying

A VFR flight is flight under a certain set of rules.

https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/716.pdf

VFR-Cloud-Clearances-and-Minimums.png

MVFR VMC - Marginal VFR, Visual Meteorological Conditions is a weather condition you can fly in during a VFR flight (close to but not below minimums)

It looks like this: - I know because this is exactly what VAL looked like on my actual VFR exam

ScCEmDq.png

There I am roughly 1200 feet AGL during the day, 1000 feet below cloud with about 2-3 statue miles visibility - so "legal" above 1200AGL, possibly not legal below. MVFR in a VFR flight.

Its the kind of flight you want to make in a simulator a lot, and never irl if you can avoid it, but the examiner was booked and paid for, no refunds for bad weather and it was VFR legal conditions.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer