Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

MSFS Shutdown

All of a sudden MSFS2020 will not shut down when I close it. I have to use the Task Manager to close the program. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Me too!!! My MSFS has been closing fine up until just a few days ago ... I'm still trying to isolate the cause -  checking through my most recent addons. I appear to get it the most after PMDG DC-6 sessions.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I have been doing the 'task' terminate thing for about a month now.  Simply got tired of tracking down why and just do it now.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I have the same problem, it can take several minutes until the game shut down, alt + f4 does not help completely either, I get to the desktop, but I can still hear the game's music through the speakers for several minutes before the game finally shut down, the only thing that helps is forced shutdown in task manager.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

H.A.L? Could it be?😳

Edited by PATCO LCH
  • Like 1

Vic green

Hi,

I've noticed it too.

You have to wait to exit, but nothing happens!

I have to use the task manager as well!

I don't know why that change.

I'm observing that too since a few days now, not on a daily base, but if it happens it can take up to 10 or more minutes to shutdown. Maybe a slow server sync. Killing the task helps of course.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

Steam, or MS Store?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Store. Additionally I have temporary freezes up to 1 minute while flying or working with the editor. Never seen this before.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

I seem to immune to troubles in very large part.  I have not seen this issue at all and have done maybe 6 flights in the last 48h.  Store for me.  No doubt stuff happens in the background where all our scenery and weather comes from that have nothing to do w/ our PCs.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Solved the problem. Make a new folder on your desktop, I named mine "community folder files". Copy all the files from your community folder (All of them) to this new folder you made. Run Flight simulator and see if it closes. It should. Now you can start to copy those files back into the community folder one at a time, try the sim each time. Then you will see which one caused the problem. It fixed mine, so that was causing the problem, msfs just didn't like one of those add on's. Good luck let me know how you make out, and happy flying.Walt

Walt Popowski

OK Here's where my problem came from. In my community folder I have the workingtitle CJ4 Workingtitle g1000 and the working title g3000. I also had the workingtitle-g3000-road data. The workingtitle-g3000-roaddata was the file that had MSFS2020 hanging when I went to close. I removed that file and everything works fine now.

• Like 1

Walt Popowski

18 minutes ago, waltpop said:

OK Here's where my problem came from. In my community folder I have the workingtitle CJ4 Workingtitle g1000 and the working title g3000. I also had the workingtitle-g3000-road data. The workingtitle-g3000-roaddata was the file that had MSFS2020 hanging when I went to close. I removed that file and everything works fine now.

Good for you!

It's quite possible that a mod is responsible for the problems, so your solution makes sense.

But I haven't used the roaddata for a long time, so this won't solve the problem for me.

There you go, 'mods' do it once again.  Have at it, don't need it, the sim is fabulous on its own.

Noel