Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

3 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

4. Users can select and override the Takeoff/Landing runway at any stage of flight. FSHud uses all available and capable runways for takeoffs and landings.

does this apply only to the user aircraft or can I set departure / arrival runways for every aircraft (user & AI)?

Dominik

Hello all, 

I bought this yesterday and so far so good.  However,  while doing a flight to SKPS in an A320, it kept telling me the airport didn't have any capable parking spots. Even with A319 had same issue. In real life Avianca and LATAM fly there in an A320 from SKBO. I have the PKSIM scenery which has designated parking spots for up to an A320. It's labeled in the scenery. Any ideas?

-David

38 minutes ago, Chicken Patty said:

Hello all, 

I bought this yesterday and so far so good.  However,  while doing a flight to SKPS in an A320, it kept telling me the airport didn't have any capable parking spots. Even with A319 had same issue. In real life Avianca and LATAM fly there in an A320 from SKBO. I have the PKSIM scenery which has designated parking spots for up to an A320. It's labeled in the scenery. Any ideas?

Hello,

Please open ticket for this issue.
You can do that from application settings screen
(The screen you see when you start it).
Click on "Support" (located in top-left corner),
then click on "New Ticket" (located in top-right cornet)

Thanks,
FSHud team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

but the cpu usage is not acceptable as it is now with many AI on ground. >50% for 31 AI on ground

High CPU usage is because FSHud calculates the flight routes (think of a live flight planner running in the background for every airplane). This process usually continues for the first 20 minutes or so. Once flight routes are calculated and stored, the CPU's should be much lower.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

49 minutes ago, Chicken Patty said:

while doing a flight to SKPS in an A320, it kept telling me the airport didn't have any capable parking spots

I believe the developer already contacted you about opening a ticket within FSHud. Make sure you do that so this can be analyzed better.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

55 minutes ago, Swiss2259 said:

does this apply only to the user aircraft or can I set departure / arrival runways for every aircraft (user & AI)?

User aircraft only.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

21 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

I believe the developer already contacted you about opening a ticket within FSHud. Make sure you do that so this can be analyzed better.

Yes and I will soon as I'm.home. I was just wondering if another user maybe had already been helped with a solution, sometimes solutions are already put and I don't have to report something that's already been reported thousands of times. But no worries this will be reported soon as I'm home today. 

-David

57 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

High CPU usage is because FSHud calculates the flight routes (think of a live flight planner running in the background for every airplane). This process usually continues for the first 20 minutes or so. Once flight routes are calculated and stored, the CPU's should be much lower.

20 minutes everytime we start a fshud process or a one-time process? stored on disk? If I had a AMD 5950X with more cores that P3D needs that would be ok. But as it is now, my 6 core 8800k is now cpu staved and my FPS is reduced, I have run ~15 minutes now, but even that, this is too much of a hit for my CPU.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

25 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

20 minutes everytime we start a fshud process or a one-time process? stored on disk? If I had a AMD 5950X with more cores that P3D needs that would be ok. But as it is now, my 6 core 8800k is now cpu staved and my FPS is reduced, I have run ~15 minutes now, but even that, this is too much of a hit for my CPU.

This process happens one-time and it would be improved in next version release

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

This process happens one-time

but surely, if you change one's scenery, you need to do it again (& again) ...... & preferably at a convenient downtime.

for now, cheers

john martin

2 hours ago, FSHud said:

This process happens one-time and it would be improved in next version release

What is the path are this processed data located? How would I know it is done?

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

9 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

What is the path are this processed data located? How would I know it is done?

This process intended to be a background process - while user can completely use the application.
In terms of High CPU - this would be improved in next release we are working on now.

My first observations:
Test flight from EPWA airport (DD Design) to EPWR airport (DD Design) - in both cases modified AFCAD with gate assignment to airlines.

First observation:
1. significantly reduced AI traffic at the airports compared to what I had before - set to 75%
FSHud set to 60/60 - at EPWA 10 aircraft, without FSHud over 40.
No aircraft at EPWR airport; without FSHud 4 Ryanair, 2 Wizz, 1 LOT Polish Airlines.
Here as I understand FSHud takes data from bgl files, and in principle the number of AI at the airport should correspond to what is in the flight plans.
I also noticed that there are practically no GA (plans installed by OCI from AIG) and military (MAIW) aircraft at the airport.
In general the traffic at the airport seems to be less than without FSHud - during my one hour pre-flight observation I had one take-off and zero landings at EPWA - without FSHud at the same time (exact same date, UTC) 12 planes took off and 7 landed.
As I wrote above after the flight at EPWR zero traffic over and at the airport.

2) After taking control over the AI by DSHud, it looks as if the airlines' assignments are not taken into account, e.g. to the gates - for example, at EPWA, planes are parked at the military apron - even though after reducing their number, as I wrote in point 1, many gates are free. Without FSHud, planes park according to the assigned gate codes.

FSHud does not recognize the codes of airlines and the number of flight - it uses the registration of the aircraft, for example, instead of calling PLLLOT it uses SP-LWD clear to take off, which is the registration of B738 - this applies to the user's aircraft
I don't know how to set this up.
It is similar with the AI movement - once it uses flight codes and numbers and once it uses the aircraft registration.

From suggestions, it would be very useful to have an option to load flight plans from Simbrief - but from what was written here on the forum this is planned.
In my opinion, it would also be practical for FSHud to allow flight planning before running P3d. It would also be good to have an option on the airline and flight number in the options.

Generally, after my first flight with FSHud, I didn't get a chance to see how the program handles AI, apart from taxi at EPWA and hold short by crossing the runway - I couldn't check how they use SID/STAR or how they separate on approach.

In the end, the program looks very promising, but I don't fully understand its interaction with the AI including generating flight plans based on BGL, which are quantitatively different from what is in the sim without FSHud

Best regards

Grzegorz

FSHud controls AI traffic levels?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS