Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Carenado C170B or Aeroplane C140 for VFR flying?

21 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I like the classic style of the C-140, I will probably buy it if they sort out the sound issues.

what's wrong with the sound? 

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

I'm still pretty new to taildraggers and I've finding the C170 very bouncy on landing - is this normal and I just need to improve my techinque to get thw vertical speed down at the moment of touchdown ?

Edited by Matchstick

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for pointing that out! Appreciate it greatly!

Just be aware the "water" part of the mod is seriously broken.  He is working on it but for the time being only the vegetation is working as expected,

The vegetation is quite good, the odd tree really close-up looks like someone has taken to the top with a hedge trimmer but overall the vegetation  mod improves the look immensely. 

The water part of the mod - not so much - it is acceptable just to test out but needs to be disabled for normal flying.

9 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I'm still pretty new to taildraggers and I've finding the C170 very bouncy on landing - is this normal and I just need to improve my techinque to get thw vertical speed down at the moment of touchdown ?

Watch this:

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Warning the following video is just a 25 minute scenic flight following the rivers from Howard to Murchison in the NZ South Island.

Basically just 25 minutes of low and slow in a C140, no music, no review, no commentary -  but it does give a feel for what it is like flying the aircraft.

• Like 2

I am thinking of getting one of these (or both). Question for people who own either - Have they been updated and still working well?

1 hour ago, riverreveal said:

I am thinking of getting one of these (or both). Question for people who own either - Have they been updated and still working well?

The 170 has been updated and is fun to fly.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

There was a recent c170 update that reduces the wacky ground handling problems and a few other issues.

Latest update for the 140 was about 4 or 5 months ago.

Both are fun to fly.

Both, even after updates, still have issues, so buyer beware if you tend to get nit picky or are prone to buyer regret over imperfections.

I do still fly both, though personally still prefer the c140 as it has more character, and think either of them are good value for the price.

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2021 at 3:06 AM, captain420 said:

Which plane is better overall for vfr sight seeing and closer to study level?

Can Caranado and 'study level' be used in the same sentence?

8 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Can Caranado and 'study level' be used in the same sentence?

Of course. When you're unfamiliar with flight simulation all aircraft are study level.

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Both, even after updates, still have issues, so buyer beware if you tend to get nit picky or are prone to buyer regret over imperfections

In my opinion, if we were prone to regret over imperfections, few of us would buy any planes.  They all seem to have imperfections, be it large or small.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There was a recent c170 update that reduces the wacky ground handling problems and a few other issues.

Latest update for the 140 was about 4 or 5 months ago.

Both are fun to fly.

Both, even after updates, still have issues, so buyer beware if you tend to get nit picky or are prone to buyer regret over imperfections.

I do still fly both, though personally still prefer the c140 as it has more character, and think either of them are good value for the price.

I watched a couple of your videos and decided on the 140 mainly because of them. Many thanks for your answer.