Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

UTLive or similar Program for MSFS20

I have searched and was unable to find any information on the development of UTLive or UTLive alternative software for MSFS20.   To refresh your memory, UTLive had real world liveries and real world schedules.  It really made your airports come alive.  Have you guys heard anything regarding the development of this type of addon?

• Like 2

I could imagine Just Flight working on Traffic Global for MSFS in the background, as a commercial approach. I would embrace (and actually prefer) UTLive for MSFS, but given development of UTXXXX has been a nightmare for years I have given up all hope.

As @mikeymike state, best chances are for AIG. I think it's scheduled for Q4 2021, preliminary.

I agree there is a strong need for such an addon.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 hours ago, pmb said:

I could imagine Just Flight working on Traffic Global for MSFS in the background, as a commercial approach. I would embrace (and actually prefer) UTLive for MSFS, but given development of UTXXXX has been a nightmare for years I have given up all hope.

As @mikeymike state, best chances are for AIG. I think it's scheduled for Q4 2021, preliminary.

I agree there is a strong need for such an addon.

Kind regards, Michael

I flew UT live for years , and while I liked it and it always worked, I was afraid to change, or adjust anything in the program. I know that if I screwed anything up, the chances of fixing it were non- existent. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Tierborn said:

I have searched and was unable to find any information on the development of UTLive or UTLive alternative software for MSFS20.   To refresh your memory, UTLive had real world liveries and real world schedules.  It really made your airports come alive.  Have you guys heard anything regarding the development of this type of addon?

You have no idea how much of a need this is at the moment!! .. (At least for me). AIG/UT don't care . come take my money !!

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

To me, it's the liveries which I find really disturbing. Those A320neo and green-white and whatever "airlines" just break immersion in the otherwise (mostly) quite enjoyable airports. Yes, Asobo/MS have added some native liveries since release, but the result is still lacking.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, pmb said:

To me, it's the liveries which I find really disturbing. Those A320neo and green-white and whatever "airlines" just break immersion in the otherwise (mostly) quite enjoyable airports. Yes, Asobo/MS have added some native liveries since release, but the result is still lacking.

Kind regards, Michael

Try replacing the default green/yellow with skyteam/one world livery. Better than the default.

https://flightsim.to/file/17289/enhanced-live-traffic This mod is picking up pace, updated regularly and works. Data from FR24

• Like 2

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

I was expecting this to be one of the features MSFS was delivering out of the box so we would no longer need to invest in an ever increasing list of addons

Didn't they make a big noise about partnering with someone to provide the real world live AI capabilities?

But alas it seems weather, traffic, ground services and many more features will all need 3rd party expenditure again

Edited by EGLD
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Try replacing the default green/yellow with skyteam/one world livery. Better than the default.

https://flightsim.to/file/17289/enhanced-live-traffic This mod is picking up pace, updated regularly and works. Data from FR24

Thank you, I saw that mod but didn't realize it modifies livieries. Will try it tonight.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

What they talked about in the video is short of what I am talking about.  The program I am talking about would look at the time of day you are flying and load in real world liveries of aircraft that are scheduled to arrive and the depart the airport you are at.

14 hours ago, pmb said:

To me, it's the liveries which I find really disturbing. Those A320neo and green-white and whatever "airlines" just break immersion in the otherwise (mostly) quite enjoyable airports.

Agreed. I took an approach of not spending too much time in sim until AIG is in place, which also benefits the entire experience of Asobo fixing things over the next months. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 hours ago, Tierborn said:

What they talked about in the video is short of what I am talking about.  The program I am talking about would look at the time of day you are flying and load in real world liveries of aircraft that are scheduled to arrive and the depart the airport you are at.

well that's what default live traffic is. It gets the data from FlightAware, it isn't always accurate though. Sometimes a plane will spawn on time, sometimes I've seen planes spawn an hour behind.

You just need get accurate models and liveries.

Also AIG's AI flight plans which were mentioned earlier in the thread are based off real world flights and should be accurate to departure and arrival times at least for when they were created.

And AIG is completely free.

They're currently aiming for a late 2021 for open beta IIRC.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

well that's what default live traffic is. It gets the data from FlightAware, it isn't always accurate though. Sometimes a plane will spawn on time, sometimes I've seen planes spawn an hour behind.

You just need get accurate models and liveries.

Also AIG's AI flight plans which were mentioned earlier in the thread are based off real world flights and should be accurate to departure and arrival times at least for when they were created.

And AIG is completely free.

They're currently aiming for a late 2021 for open beta IIRC.

Yes, the AIG solution is closer to what I was talking about.  As a result of the input for those on this thread, I have gone out to learn about AIG's development.   But  Asobo's on the video, solution doesn't utilize to real world flight schedules.