Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

When you hate taildraggers but love Cub!

Would be nice to see in MSFS! 🙂

Would

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Pity A2A didn’t start with their Cub.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Pity A2A didn’t start with their Cub.

Pity A2A is barely acknowledging the sim's existence at this point. I don't understand the silence. They're not the only ones either.

• Like 3

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

Bush league legends beta... You are welcome. https://mega.nz/file/S0xTmCCR#vxrCRhrteUJRwfHviKrF3A2TeRGeCi2H_GbjwStNpqc

Downloaded it. I'll stick with the tail wheel although the Avgas decals are back on top of the wings.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Pity A2A is barely acknowledging the sim's existence at this point. I don't understand the silence. They're not the only ones either.

They did acknowledge the sim and said that they are developing the Comanche 250 for it first. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Maybe you should browse their forums more carefully. There have been a couple of remarks about MSFS development that are very promising.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

21 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Maybe you should browse their forums more carefully. There have been a couple of remarks about MSFS development that are very promising.

Yes they generally don't anounce things until they are nearly ready for release 

Last news from A2A was on June 23rd

We have one final thing that needs to work for our technology to come into MSFS. We are dependent on another entity for this to happen. If it turns out this doesn't happen for whatever reason we do have a plan B but we want to completely exhaust all options before moving to this next solution.

We have no interest in moving sideways with development and there are certain things we have wanted to make happen for a long time which I am insistent happen on any next Accu-Sim release. I wish I could be less cryptic about this stuff but it's a sensitive subject to us because our our ability to release has been hung up from this one single thing that must happen.

Once this hurdle is overcome sky is the limit.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Last news from A2A was on June 23rd

We have one final thing that needs to work for our technology to come into MSFS. We are dependent on another entity for this to happen. If it turns out this doesn't happen for whatever reason we do have a plan B but we want to completely exhaust all options before moving to this next solution.

We have no interest in moving sideways with development and there are certain things we have wanted to make happen for a long time which I am insistent happen on any next Accu-Sim release. I wish I could be less cryptic about this stuff but it's a sensitive subject to us because our our ability to release has been hung up from this one single thing that must happen.

Once this hurdle is overcome sky is the limit.

That's interesting.  Are they implying that there was something in FSX / P3D  that isn't in MSFS?  I wonder what this 'one single thing' could be. 

If it was me, I would make the plan-B and get stuff to market, not wait for MS / Asobo (which they seem to imply). 
Unless they are sitting on a pot of gold from their pervious sales, they will need to get some money in to pay bills and wages, so I don't understand their approach. 

Maybe it is because I have to run a small business and that is my mentality with maintaining the cash flow; but they could always go with plan-b, then possibly revert to their original plan later through an update to the aircraft if the facility they need becomes available.  I just don't get it sometimes, because in most small businesses you have to innovate or die.

'We have no interest in moving sideways with development ' seems to show a certain arrogance or stubbornness to me - they are waiting for the mountain to move instead of going around it.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

That's interesting.  Are they implying that there was something in FSX / P3D  that isn't in MSFS?  I wonder what this 'one single thing' could be. 

If it was me, I would make the plan-B and get stuff to market, not wait for MS / Asobo (which they seem to imply). 
Unless they are sitting on a pot of gold from their pervious sales, they will need to get some money in to pay bills and wages, so I don't understand their approach. 

Maybe it is because I have to run a small business and that is my mentality with maintaining the cash flow; but they could always go with plan-b, then possibly revert to their original plan later through an update to the aircraft if the facility they need becomes available.  I just don't get it sometimes, because in most small businesses you have to innovate or die.

'We have no interest in moving sideways with development ' seems to show a certain arrogance or stubbornness to me - they are waiting for the mountain to move instead of going around it.

What I understand is that they want to add something new that they couldn’t before. They negociate with a third party and the negociation is not over.

A2A has been quite creative in the past. Now that we have some variety of choice, quality-wise,  I’d rather have them doing the extra mile content-wise even if I’ve to wait a bit longer.

From their forum, I understand that most of the fleet models has been already converted. So the extra content could be around the simulation core (flight model or engine).

They have some business with military so I’d say the cash flow is here.

• Like 2

Dominique

11 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

>

From their forum, I understand that most of the fleet models has been already converted. So the extra content could be around the simulation core (flight model or engine).

<

Then once this one obstacle has been overcome, we could be looking at a host of A2A aircraft coming off the production line in quick succession - good news!

Although I have never been hung up on A2A, I appreciate what they do, and I would always take a look at what they offer.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

For a long time (FSX/P3D era). there were three companies you could trust to release really good GA/WB simcraft, Realair, A2A, Sibwings... Two out of the three are gone. 

A2A were trend setters : they gave us the AI FE in their two propliners years before PMDG, they pioneered the permanent wear and tear, they redesigned the piston kengine simulation. Their flight modeling was not bad either.

There are already good aircraft for MFS but the market will be obviously submerged by  good for 20 bucks  aircraft so it is good to see some high value content too on the radar screen.

• Like 1

Dominique

I have the utmost respect for Cub Crafters, but one simply does not stick a nose wheel on a Cub…it’s not right, man!

And Paul is right…it’s ugly 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

5 hours ago, Rimshot said:

A “couple remarks” in a year about probably the biggest advance in the hobby ever? Alrighty then.

I’m not singling out A2A here, so many other old guard airplane devs are staying silent or effectively silent too. I am starting to wonder how many aren’t going to make the transition.

Kudos to JustFlight, PMDG, Aerosoft, and Milviz for jumping right in and keeping us updated. Not to mention the numerous smaller and/or new dev groups that have already released some gems.

Edited by kiwikat

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png