Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

Another Xbox review - some FPS issues?

47 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Use your imagination, this is an XBOX release now.  Do you see this sim going more hardcore or the opposite?  Your own common since will answer your question.

The Working Title team literally just released a preview of the G1000 NXi today:

I don't know about you, but the new features for the G1000 NXi seem pretty "hardcore" to me.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

48 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Use your imagination, this is an XBOX release now.  Do you see this sim going more hardcore or the opposite?  Your own common since will answer your question.

Have you watched any of the Developer Q&As Microsoft/Asobo put out monthly? They've said repeatedly that will not be the case. Ultimately the PC and Xbox versions will be exactly the same with minor differences only in how the controls work for the console. They have said they are adding more tutorials and assistance features, but certainly not 'dumbing down' the experience.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

38 minutes ago, The Moose said:

They are striving for more realism with every release.  In my world more realism=more hardcore.   There's only one direction this sim is moving and it's not towards a dumbed down version.

Asobo always had short cut keys for the casuals that want to save time and just "fly" without all the complexities of real life flying.  For example, hit "b" to automatically adjust the altimeter to the proper settings without listening to ATIS.  You don't want to go through the proper checklist to start an engine?  Then press "Ctrl-E" and you can bypass the checklist and start the engine immediately.

This was never dumbing down, IMO, because if you want to set the altimeter properly and tune into ATIS, you can do it how it's supposed to be done.  And you can always start from cold and do everything on the checklist before you start the engine.  I like this design because it works for both the hard core simmers, and also the casual simmers. It's a smart way to design a flight simulator that works for both hard core players and casual players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Get over it, it's on XBOX now.  Your going to see allot of insanity moving forward.

Maybe Asobo should implement an online multiplayer option for people who have completed all the training missions and complete a basic flight knowledge test. That would be a way to sort out all the crazy pilots from the true pilots. It would also be a great incentive to learn to fly properly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Get over it, it's on XBOX now.  Your going to see allot of insanity moving forward.  I just hope they don't dumb down the sim for these kinds of users. This crowd sadly might be the focus of development moving forward.  

What are you talking about? people can and have, been doing whatever they want with flight simulators for decades, get over yourself.

27 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Have you watched any of the Developer Q&As Microsoft/Asobo put out monthly? They've said repeatedly that will not be the case. Ultimately the PC and Xbox versions will be exactly the same with minor differences only in how the controls work for the console. They have said they are adding more tutorials and assistance features, but certainly not 'dumbing down' the experience.

There are features that are not available for Xbox version... graphic settings panel, enhanced LOD for terrain, objects, trees, etc.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

44 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

LOL

It's an Xbox user what did you expect!  

Am I the only one here that has flown the Extra through the streets of Manhatten at full speed? Are you so focused on your procedures that you cannot kick back and have some fun once in a while? 

You make it sound like PC users are dead serious and are only flying on Vatsim , while all xbox users fly the 787 inverted under the Golden Gate.

• Like 8

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

There are features that are not available for Xbox version... graphic settings panel, enhanced LOD for terrain, objects, trees, etc.

Well yes of course, because there would be no point in having any of those options on the Xbox when the hardware is consistent (apart from the Series S and the Series X). No one in their right mind who owns a Series X is going to think "ooh hang on I'm just going to go and dial the trees down a notch"!

They're only there on the PC because there's so many different PC specs out there they need to cater for and need to be able to fine tune those settings to make it run optimally.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

18 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Maybe Asobo should implement an online multiplayer option for people who have completed all the training missions and complete a basic flight knowledge test. That would be a way to sort out all the crazy pilots from the true pilots. It would also be a great incentive to learn to fly properly.

If you want multiplayer traffic that is as realistic as possible, turn off multiplayer on MSFS, and just connect to VATSIM.  Any traffic you see with multiplayer off is traffic injected by VATSIM so it's other VATSIM flyers.  Of course, if you're on VATSIM, you also have to tune into the proper ATC com channel and follow instructions VATSIM ATC accordingly.  You will get your "true pilots" environment that way.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I am claiming about the flying technique. I am wondering why this is possible in the sim. I thought the aerodynamic models are quite accurate in the msfs. Though I am not a real pilot, but I always thought that flying a almost 90° pitch is something for military aircraft or special aircraft for stunts. According to my understanding the cessna should have stalled in that situation.

Looks like it did stall at the top of the climb, but yes a Cessna will go vertical for a short distance if it has enough energy going into the climb. The Cessna 150 Aerobat could also do loops. Back in my real world flying days I used to do wingovers and hammerhead stalls in C150s and C152s on a regular basis Lots of fun. You just have to start with a shallow dive to build up enough energy for the manouver.

• Like 2

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

Well yes of course, because there would be no point in having any of those options on the Xbox when the hardware is consistent (apart from the Series S and the Series X). No one in their right mind who owns a Series X is going to think "ooh hang on I'm just going to go and dial the trees down a notch"!

They're only there on the PC because there's so many different PC specs out there they need to cater for and need to be able to fine tune those settings to make it run optimally.

Yes... Agreed. my point was I wouldn't call it "the same as PC" since there are many limitations. 

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

3 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes... Agreed. my point was I wouldn't call it "the same as PC" since there are many limitations. They did dumb it down.

Not they did not. What the hell are you talking about ?  They tweak the graphics and lock it down to a specific hardware. That's perfectly acceptable for consoles. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Not they did not. What the hell are you talking about ?  They tweak the graphics and lock it down to a specific hardware. That's perfectly acceptable for consoles. 

Locked down is limitation. The limitation is very obvious in all Xbox videos. 

Learn to talk with manner.

• Like 3

Gaming Laptop:

Locked down ≠ 'dumbed down'. Aside from the graphics settings being fixed and some other absent functionality like the developer mode, there's really no real meaningful difference between the Xbox and PC versions in terms of the base sim.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Locked down is limitation. The limitation is very obvious in all Xbox videos. 

Learn to talk with manner.

I am guessing you are new to consoles as per your comments. Every consoles games have graphic lock down to specific configuration. Since the Xbox One X , they often offer 2 different mode whether you prefer performance or quality. This is not dumbing down a sim. This is making sure the game has been tweak to hit specific target.  You won't get PC sliders as the hardware itself is limited just like you current PC hardware is limited in some ways.  You do have more option on PC Having more option graphical option on a  PC doesn't make the Xbox consoles version less good. It has all the features of the PC version.

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.