Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

Another Xbox review - some FPS issues?

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

You do have more option on PC Having more option graphical option on a  PC doesn't make the Xbox consoles version less good. It has all the features of the PC version.

Exactly my point. That's called limitation. There are more options available for PC. So saying it's exactly the same as PC is wrong. 

Ad yes it does make it look less good because of limitations. Lower LOD, lower FPS, 30 vs 70 to 100, etc.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

6 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Exactly my point. That's called limitation. There are more options available for PC. So saying it's exactly the same as PC is wrong. 

Ad yes it does make it look less good because of limitations. Lower LOD, lower FPS, 30 vs 70 to 100, etc.

I find it strange that you decided to only quote this portion of my reply but just to indulge you. XBox Series S/X was always going to have lower LOD has there is memory limitation that are specific to the hardware. You can always add more RAM on a PC but you can't on a consoles. it's locked down.  That's is not bad thing per say. It's the first time a full flight simulator launches on a consoles. It's the equivalent of a Ryzen 2700 and RTX 2070. I am pretty sure that is actually runs better on Xbox than it does on PC with the same configuration.  Don't forget that Series X renders the game at 4K native. To hit 4K30fps target on that hardware is quite impressive. It is also the cheaper option for many who can't even find GPU to play the game. For 500$ , that consoles punches way above its weight.  

The PC version do have addons, simconnect and more peripheral but that was always going to be the case. You hatred toward the console version is not justify. There is many Pc games who can't buy GPU due to shortage who will now be able to enjoy the sim on the Series S/X. That's a good thing. I don't know why you make it sounds like it's the worst thing in the world.

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

8 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I find it strange that you decided to only quote this portion of my reply but just to indulge you. XBox Series S/X was always going to have lower LOD has there is memory limitation that are specific to the hardware. You can always add more RAM on a PC but you can't on a consoles. it's locked down.  That's is not bad thing per say. It's the first time a full flight simulator launches on a consoles. It's the equivalent of a Ryzen 2700 and RTX 2070CPU. I am pretty sure that is actually runs better on Xbox than it does on PC with the same configuration.  Don't forget that Series X renders the game at 4K native. To hit 4K30fps target on that hardware is quite impressive. It is also the cheaper option for many who can't even find GPU to play the game. For 500$ , that consoles punches way above its weight.  

The PC version do have addons, simconnect and more peripheral but that was always going to be the case. You hatred toward the console version is not justify. There is many Pc games who can't buy GPU due to shortage who will now be able to enjoy the sim on the Series S/X. That's a good thing. I don't know why you make it sounds like it's the worst thing in the world.

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

The XBOX and the PC are exactly the same. 

You list all these differences (adding more ram, etc) yet you say it's the same. My whole point is they are NOT the same. 

I never said its' the worse thing. Just saying they are NOT the same. 

I made my point already. End of discussion.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Weird subject line, OP. 

Yeah sorry, posted in a hurry then ran out the door with my son to watch Black Widow.

So I thought I heard the you tuber say he saw FPS issues at certain places, or did I miss hear and what he was referring to was the 3fps bug we had a few months  ago?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Yeah sorry, posted in a hurry then ran out the door with my son to watch Black Widow.

So I thought I heard the you tuber say he saw FPS issues at certain places, or did I miss hear and what he was referring to was the 3fps bug we had a few months  ago?

I dont think he said which version he's on.  I have the Xbox version preloaded and it's showing 1.18.5.0 . I also have SU5 loaded on my PC and it's 1.18.13.0. I'm guessing a day one patch for the Xbox. Maybe that will clear up what he describes. We shall see.

Edited by joec63
  • Upvote 1

Semper Fi 

28 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Dont be silly bro, its the same. Just because you cant change the settings doesnt mean its dumbed down. Every feature available for the pc version is in tthe xbox version

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Dont be silly bro, its the same. Just because you cant change the settings doesnt mean its dumbed down. Every feature available for the pc version is in tthe xbox version

Bijan never said it was dumbed down.

They're only talking about the ability to tweak the graphics settings, not any of the actual sim mechanics.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Asobo always had short cut keys for the casuals that want to save time and just "fly" without all the complexities of real life flying.  For example, hit "b" to automatically adjust the altimeter to the proper settings without listening to ATIS.  You don't want to go through the proper checklist to start an engine?  Then press "Ctrl-E" and you can bypass the checklist and start the engine immediately.

This was never dumbing down, IMO, because if you want to set the altimeter properly and tune into ATIS, you can do it how it's supposed to be done.  And you can always start from cold and do everything on the checklist before you start the engine.  I like this design because it works for both the hard core simmers, and also the casual simmers. It's a smart way to design a flight simulator that works for both hard core players and casual players.

Spot on.  You've always been able to fly as casual or as hardcore as you desire.  Having options for new sim pilots is great.  It doesn't come at the expense of making things worse for the long time experienced simmers.

I'd love to know what Dillon thinks Asobo are going to do to "dumb it down"  Every update has something improved/more realistic.  Not a single thing they have done or said indicates future "dumbing down"   Looks like it's just another case of anti-Xbox snobbery to me.

• Like 1

Fennix A320 developers have stated that their A/C will not be available for X Box,does anyone know the particulars as to why?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 minute ago, BIGSKY said:

Fennix A320 developers have stated that their A/C will not be available for X Box,does anyone know the particulars as to why?

IIRC it uses apps run outside of the sim.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Back in my real world flying days I used to do wingovers and hammerhead stalls in C150s and C152s on a regular basis Lots of fun. You just have to start with a shallow dive to build up enough energy for the manouver.

Yep - same here. I did wing-overs a few times (and one hammerhead) 🙂 , though I made sure I had plenty of altitude.

Randall Rocke

4 hours ago, 737_800 said:

What is happening there on minute 7:03? Seriously, doing that with a Cessna 152/172?

As someone else pointed out, he quickly lost a ton of speed and stalled out at the top of his climb before plummeting. If you pull up hard from 127kts you will have enough speed to climb quickly for a short distance, in a cessna.

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

Get over it, it's on XBOX now.  Your going to see allot of insanity moving forward.  I just hope they don't dumb down the sim for these kinds of users. This crowd sadly might be the focus of development moving forward.  

Your concern is completely out of place. MS wouldn't have hired WT if they had plans to cater to the casual crowd. Everything points to them wanted to make the most realistic consumer level sim the world has ever seen.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.