Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Washed out scenery colors ?

I follow this thread with interest and concerning...I hate the new colors that came with SU5 and did change the UserCfg.opt as suggested above and I liked the outcome - colors ane now much to my liking.

Is this procedure the correct way to change the simulator colors? 

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

The washed out terrain seems to be from the lack of LOD, when the terrain loads in it looks ok. This goes for cities as well, it's looks very washed out until it loads in.

• Like 1

OK, thanks! It is suggested elsewhere to change LOD to 4 - is it OK? 

Edmundo Azevedo

In my first tests, setting the eye adaptation to 0 alleviated quite a bit the stronger bleaching out light I see through the cockpit window since SU5. 

Sharpen to 0 is not a good idea as far as I see.  

Color gradient. I have to do some more tests. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes, I found quite the same with eye adaptation to 0. 

Please inform your findings!

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

eye adaptation  is the transition from looking into the VC to looking out side, it mimicking your eye pupils opening for a dark area = you looking down in the VC, to looking out side =much brighter and your eyes adapting within a second, or two IRL to this. 

eye adaptation is this, looking out the window after looking "into" the VC "dark to "Light" will look over bright till your eyes ajust. Some like the effect some dont. 

But to be clear once the effect has run its course what you see should be the same if you turn it off you just lose the transtion.

Sharpening = if you like blury go for it, or at best add some back in through Nvidia CP. Will do FA to what your trying to do colour wise.

Color gradient, does FA.

Carry on....

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, styckx said:

I'm in camp washed out. Everything is completely blown out. I reenabled HDR and did the UserCfg edits which helped out tremendously but even then the clouds are different. There is now something completely unnatural about them it reminds me of GTA V clouds

Yes I agree the clouds look terrible now

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I know what eye adaptation does, thank you very much David. The ffect is ludicrous and in anycase overdone. Just my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

But to be clear once the effect has run its course what you see should be the same if you turn it off you just lose the transtion.

Apparently you know better than me what I see on my screen before and after 🤣...

Agreed on sharpening, as I said bad idea.

What means "does FA" ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I know what eye adaptation does, thank you very much David. The ffect is ludicrous and in anycase overdone. Just my opinion. 

Apparently you know better than me what I see on my screen before and after 🤣...

Agreed on sharpening, as I said bad idea.

What means "does FA" ?

I like that your mocking and I am trying to help explain. Well done!!!!

Google it.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I like that your mocking and I am trying to help. Dear me...really!

Google it.

You haven't actually offered any useful advice. All you seem hell bent on doing is trying to convince us that what we have done, which works, doesn't work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 6297J said:

You haven't actually offered any useful advice. All you seem hell bent on doing is trying to convince us that what we have done, which works, doesn't work. 

I expained what they do, carry on, sorry. 🙄

Post some screen shots from out side the aircraft looking down before and after so we can see what works please.

Before and after for each option, one at a time. So we can see what works for you to correct the colors and saturations.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

Just now, Nyxx said:

I expained what they do, carry on, sorry. 🙄

Post some screen shots from out side the aircraft looked down before and after so we can see what works please.

To please you? No - we know it works. Is it ideal? Of course not, but as a temporary workaround it is an improvement. For us. 

• Like 1

I tried using MSFS in HDR mode on my monitor for the first time yesterday (no idea why it took so long, but anyway), and I found that the eye adaptation appears to be designed for that, rather than regular (SDR?) screens.

Looking inside/outside of the cockpit resulted in a much quicker change, and while looking out at a very bright scene, the cockpit didn't fade to darkness like it used to... I was still able to see everything inside in a much more believable way.

It was enough to satisfy me, at least. YMMV

8 minutes ago, 6297J said:

To please you? No - we know it works. Is it ideal? Of course not, but as a temporary workaround it is an improvement. For us. 

Not me, no, to show everyone that it works, that would be very helpfull to everyone who wants to try the things you say work. 

I hope they do, so help others by showing them.

Please do one by one before and after and show people who want to try these 3 out. Thats would be very helpfully of you to others am sure people would be very greatful.  

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1