Sign in to follow this  

On 7/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, Espana Pete said:

Is there a user guide like your excellent CJ4 for the NXI yet please? Mouseover on several buttons simply state "Soft Key" so I am unsure if this is new speak for "inoperative" or I have simply not figured out how to operate it correctly.

I found this manual of the real thing: http://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-02178-00_B.pdf

Hope this helps...

• Like 2

This G1000 NXi is beatiful and has a very realistic look and feel, but it is still unusable in my opinion because:

• It is very dark, almost unreadable in day light
  • No ADF
  • No DME display

I am not blaming WT, they do an excellent job, but I think they should have waited before releasing a product that is so unfinished. As a comparison, their G3000 mod is just amazing, I love it.
I can wait to have the same level of features in the NXi.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:07 AM, jcomm said:

Ah! So that's the reason why everytime I load the FBW A320 for the first time I get a CTD ! Wasn't aware of it being caused by the NXi mod ...

There is no indication based on facts, that this is the case 😉

On 7/31/2021 at 8:15 AM, Greazer said:

Are people noticing bugs with the new NXI ?

Most of these are already logged and fixed internally. Next update will come very soon and remedy those issues. 

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

This G1000 NXi is beatiful and has a very realistic look and feel, but it is still unusable in my opinion because:

• It is very dark, almost unreadable in day light
  • No ADF
  • No DME display

I am not blaming WT, they do an excellent job, but I think they should have waited before releasing a product that is so unfinished. As a comparison, their G3000 mod is just amazing, I love it.
I can wait to have the same level of features in the NXi.

All three points you listed will come very soon. Brightness settings are also implemented.

To your point of "releasing a product that is unfinished". That is why it is called early access and came to the marketplace before becoming stock in the sim. So people can opt in/out. 
The main point of releasing it at this state is to put the advanced IFR, flight planning and flight path calculation features out there for people to test and enjoy.
Doing it this way was very good as we now received a lot of feedback and reports which helped us already in fixing a lot of issues. From the beginning it was our goal to involve the community in the development of this avionics stack.
The G3000 (which was a mod and not done from scratch) also took mostly one person 10+ months to get it where it is now. So we rather bring something to the interested people early that might not have it all yet instead of people having nothing 😉

Edited by dga711
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dga711 said:

Quite right. I was completely wrong. I had the FBW stable version installed and it's currently not working.

• Like 1

Nevermind, I just uninstalled MFS....

Yet, it was a record ! Didn't last quite as much as il-2, but lasted for quite a few weeks, but while the looks are great, and do feel my brain at times... as I started looking into details... I lost the motivation again...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

... I lost the motivation again...

I lost the motivation years ago and took up flight sims instead. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

2 hours ago, dga711 said:

Most of these are already logged and fixed internally. Next update will come very soon and remedy those issues. 

All three points you listed will come very soon. Brightness settings are also implemented.

To your point of "releasing a product that is unfinished". That is why it is called early access and came to the marketplace before becoming stock in the sim. So people can opt in/out. 
The main point of releasing it at this state is to put the advanced IFR, flight planning and flight path calculation features out there for people to test and enjoy.
Doing it this way was very good as we now received a lot of feedback and reports which helped us already in fixing a lot of issues. From the beginning it was our goal to involve the community in the development of this avionics stack.
The G3000 (which was a mod and not done from scratch) also took mostly one person 10+ months to get it where it is now. So we rather bring something to the interested people early that might not have it all yet instead of people having nothing 😉

I got your point that I fully understand. Excuse my lack of patience, the NXi is so beautiful that I can't wait to see it fully functional 🙂

Anyway, I am happy to see my points are already taken into account, not surprising from a professional team like you are.
Keep up the good work !!

Eric

On 7/30/2021 at 4:40 AM, Espana Pete said:

Is there a user guide like your excellent CJ4 for the NXI yet please? Mouseover on several buttons simply state "Soft Key" so I am unsure if this is new speak for "inoperative" or I have simply not figured out how to operate it correctly.

It's early access, everything doesn't work yet 

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

It's early access, everything doesn't work yet 

So the answer to my question is "softkey" is new speak for inoperative. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Pity though that they have restricted the NXi to the sim Marketplace. That means updates wont be fast and furious. We will have to wait for them to be published at Asobo’s leisure.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Pity though that they have restricted the NXi to the sim Marketplace. That means updates wont be fast and furious. We will have to wait for them to be published at Asobo’s leisure.

I hate that this misinformation keeps going around.

Marketplace updates, at this point, are quite speedy. I know third parties like to place the blame on the Marketplace for delayed updates, but the telemetry says differently these days (as long as you submit something that is functional). Furthermore, Asobo is not the keeper of the marketplace, that resides in the hands of the Marketplace ingestion team at Microsoft. We're a first party developer, and as such do not anticipate any issues in getting updates out.

We chose to use the Marketplace because this is a brand new product, not a mod, and we wanted both platforms to get the benefits. Releasing it elsewhere would not have made any sense. We anticipate weekly or so releases during the early access period, which feels plenty fast and furious to us.

-Matt

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1