Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Degraded graphics after SU5? Look here...

56 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I'm aware that they want us to have 4 lods now, yes, but it currently has no effect and it has nothing to do with this as they didn't add restictive Lod culling into the PC version in SU5. Also, as I noted I am not looking at just my models. Not just that, the other LODs dont have anything to do with closeups, you're already at the highest res Lod, so if anything a single LOD is better for this test than to do a multi-Lod test.

I would at least test with SDK compliance, and yes they temporary reverted the PC lod system back pre SU5 compared to the XBOX  version 😉

Edited by awf

André

6 minutes ago, awf said:

I would at least test with SDK compliance, and yes they temporary reverted the PC lod system compared to the XBOX  version 😉

Asobo's own objects pre-SU5 violate their own SDK compliance, hate to tell you. No, not all of their objects, but yes many of their objects were 1 lodded.

I already gave the reasons and its ignored, why bring this up just to be difficult?

We both know there is no difference. There are objects in the scene with 4 LODS and objects with 1 LOD, but it has no bearing on the test. A Lod is only used when there is distance, what is it going to use the wrong LOD in a closeup when that LOD doesn't even exist?!... I don't want to argue semantics or things already known to be true, I'll just have to leave this here and let people read it and decide for themselves.

I will say this much, the lighting between SU 5 and Pre-SU 5 is not as varied as I first though after studying it, though it does appear they messed with the reflections a little bit. I'm not sure about texture resolution, because since they modded the default ground LOD renderer, it's hard to compare 1:1.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm in disbelief that nobody at Asobo noticed this.

They probably did and were hoping no one else did.

• Like 1

I still think it was not intended to turn out the way it did. My guess (or wishful thinking) is, that ASOBO had to strict deadline and they had to deliver. At any cost. I think they will optimize the looks and settings for PC in the next few weeks. I mean it should be possible to get the visuals back. They already did it once, so why shouldn't it be.

• Like 1

There are still reflections, but it seems just fewer and the resolution of the reflections may have been lowered.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram