Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Degraded graphics after SU5? Look here...

1 minute ago, Aristoteles said:

This all has started to remind me the ol´ FSX CFG tweak times,....

That came in my mind too. I think it is part of the game as long it leads to some positive results and there are not as many tweaks which were discussed in thousands of threads in good ol FSX times.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I wonder if they will acknowledge in a future Q&A that they , in fact, downgraded the end result by adjusting the LOD rendering or if they will just speak about Frames....

Iñigo Bildarratz

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

That came in my mind too. I think it is part of the game as long it leads to some positive results and there are not as many tweaks which were discussed in thousands of threads in good ol FSX times.

I guess the next step is people making up shaders like in P3D, to fix the awful clouds. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm in disbelief that nobody at Asobo noticed this.

I’m not - despite having some brilliant software engineers on their team, they’re repeatedly let down by their UI, QA, and build management ones.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DylanM said:

I’m not - despite having some brilliant software engineers on their team, they’re repeatedly let down by their UI, QA, and build management ones.

I mean, ok, it slips through on the initial release but after so many negative comments about degraded graphics and already one hotfix, nobody noticed this at Asobo? We thought that's just what Ultra settings mean now but they should know if they degraded visuals or not and how the sim they made should look. It's all just like... 🤯

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DylanM said:

It's truly embarrassing to watch and cringe at with their erratic at best QA. 

They were given the keys to literally Microsofts crown jewel of software outside Windows itself. It's literally a game developers wet dream be be tossed the keys to MSFS, with probably near unlimited funding from Microsoft themself to reclaim the throne of flight simulation for home users. 

And it's as if this is more of a kickstarter project on Steam ran by wealthy college kids looking to build their resume. Zero consistency every single time they do something. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm in disbelief that nobody at Asobo noticed this.

Ofcourse they noticed, the question is why they didnt say anything.

Edited by OHN767
  • Like 1

Today I tried to fly under the new circumstances, but it is impossible. It just looks bad in comparison what I had before. How high are the chances that PC users get the old graphics back? Seriously, it looks like X-Plane. I am not ranting or throw a tantrum, I am just wondering how realistic it is to get back the visuals I used to have. In my opinion it could be a bug of the light casting. I hope we can expect a patch in a matter of weeks. 

SU4

Screenshot-7.png

SU5

Screenshot-107.png

2 minutes ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

Today I tried to fly under the new circumstances, but it is impossible. It just looks bad in comparison what I had before. How high are the chances that PC users get the old graphics back? Seriously, it looks like X-Plane. I am not ranting or throw a tantrum, I am just wondering how realistic it is to get back the visuals I used to have. In my opinion it could be a bug of the light casting. I hope we can expect a patch in a matter of weeks. 

SU4

Screenshot-7.png

SU5

Screenshot-107.png

I wouldn't bet on that ever happening. I think what you see now is what you get, period. They don't want to break X box performance, and since the sims are tied together now, that is probably what would happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

SU4

Screenshot-7.png

SU5

Screenshot-107.png

What exactly are you trying to say with these pics?

10 minutes ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

SU4

SU5

Those pictures aren't even of the exact same thing, what are you comparing?

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Those pictures aren't even of the exact same thing, what are you comparing?

Sorry if I was unclear. My mistake I should have explained it better. I am trying to show that somehow the lighting is off. I used the same broken clouds preset at the same date and time. On the SU5 picture it seems like that the lighting has no effect on the aircraft and on the ground. I also dont see any shadows. I tried a lot of different places with various angles and it looked the same.

It is if a light Sepia filter has been applied.  I was just wondering if there may be a bug with the shadow casting and/or the lighting. 

10 minutes ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

Sorry if I was unclear. My mistake I should have explained it better. I am trying to show that somehow the lighting is off. I used the same broken clouds preset at the same date and time. On the SU5 picture it seems like that the lighting has no effect on the aircraft and on the ground. I also dont see any shadows. I tried a lot of different places with various angles and it looked the same.

It is if a light Sepia filter has been applied.  I was just wondering if there may be a bug with the shadow casting and/or the lighting. 

Ah yeah I see what you mean

UiHl0ij.png

14 minutes ago, ShinjukuFlyer said:

Really? Are you guys for real? The way how the sim does lighting you’ll never get it to look the same just buy changing time of day not to mention using 2 completely different screen shots.  And you won't see any shadows when it's an overcast 

Edited by devgrp