Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Degraded graphics after SU5? Look here...

45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am hearing now that Aerosoft have shelved their Simple Traffic addon due to the current issues.  It seems a lot of developers have come to a full stop due to not knowing if they should find work-arounds, or wait to see what Asobo does next.

The murmuring behind the scenes from payware developers is quite strong apparently.  People who like their third party addons (freeware as well) should take this seriously, as it has caused developers problems (and stopped the workflow as you say), not just for now, but with what Asobo's next 'planned' moves are.  I believe they are receiving honest feedback! :smile:

This was one of my fears that I touched upon yesterday. There is only so much payware developers are going to put up with before they move away from MSFS. I hope this is not the case and can be resolved. It is not only their time and effort that is being disrupted, but also their reputation.

Why should they pay staff to rectify issues in a product, if Asobo are going to patch the main program again next week. Its like trying to hit a moving target, but they are having to pay their staff all the time.

I would like to purchase some more sceneries but probably like many others, I am not going to spend money on anything until things settle down. There is no point spending money if I cannot do a flight without CTDs or other problems, but I really do not want to have to go and patch all my sceneries again after an update - I may as well wait for a bit and just install them once.

Asobo need to get some confidence back into MSFS quickly!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

There is no point spending money if I cannot do a flight without CTDs or other problems,

There is no point in buying anything from the marketplace anyway, I get CTD whether I try to install or uninstall from Content Manager.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

This was one of my fears that I touched upon yesterday. There is only so much payware developers are going to put up with before they move away from MSFS. I hope this is not the case and can be resolved. It is not only their time and effort that is being disrupted, but also their reputation.

Why should they pay staff to rectify issues in a product, if Asobo are going to patch the main program again next week. Its like trying to hit a moving target, but they are having to pay their staff all the time.

I would like to purchase some more sceneries but probably like many others, I am not going to spend money on anything until things settle down. There is no point spending money if I cannot do a flight without CTDs or other problems, but I really do not want to have to go and patch all my sceneries again after an update - I may as well wait for a bit and just install them once.

Asobo need to get some confidence back into MSFS quickly!

You bet Aerosoft will continue to deliver addons left right and center. They shelved their product because it has become broken, not because they have to do too much work to keep up with the patches. To be blatant, Asobo can screw up whatever they want, the market is big enough (for the moment) to make up with pure money for all that. Devs still earn a lot. That is a blessing and a curse at the same time for us simmers, as we can all observe...

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

pmb, yes I use my own ultra mixed in with custom settings as well and it does affect those who are using custom settings. It's a pain to have to do this, but it's the only way to get ultra settings working for the time being until it's brought up to Asobo's attention.

I'm in disbelief that nobody at Asobo noticed this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

@Alpine Scenery  Just to say thanks for sticking around here and giving us your insight, especially in the face of the continual sniping at anyone who raises valid issues with the sim, and the gaslighting that we are whiners and there is nothing wrong etc. etc.

I remember you always try to help the community, and you helped trace and alleviate the terrain spike issue for us all in the 'early' days.  Some people have short memories! 

I am hearing now that Aerosoft have shelved their Simple Traffic addon due to the current issues.  It seems a lot of developers have come to a full stop due to not knowing if they should find work-arounds, or wait to see what Asobo does next.

The murmuring behind the scenes from payware developers is quite strong apparently.  People who like their third party addons (freeware as well) should take this seriously, as it has caused developers problems (and stopped the workflow as you say), not just for now, but with what Asobo's next 'planned' moves are.  I believe they are receiving honest feedback! :smile:

I agree. I do sometimes get annoyed by people raising issues, but only when they do it in a stupid and childish way. Alpine is always well argumented, and you can tell he knows his stuff. So i dont see a problem with that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

There is no point in buying anything from the marketplace anyway, I get CTD whether I try to install or uninstall from Content Manager.

Which brings to mind, I purchased the 4 seasons program from Microsoft ( big mistake, turned out to be only 2 seasons, not like the one the developer sells). SU5 drops, and you can't start a flight. Turns out that the 4 seasons add on is the problem, uninstall it and I could start a flight easily. I contacted the developer of 4 season by email, and he told me that he had turned in a fix to Asobo a week before SU5 was issued. So Asobo knew there was going to be an issue,with this add on they sold, and didn't say squat about it to anyone. To this day they still have not put the update on 4 seasons out.  So much for thinking if you purchased an add on from the MS store, that they would back it up if an update would break that add on. Anyone the developer of the 4 seasons, sent me the updated file, which he had sent to people that had purchased the add on outside of Market Place, no now I have everything working again, albeit with crummy looking textures. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Which brings to mind, I purchased the 4 seasons program from Microsoft ( big mistake, turned out to be only 2 seasons, not like the one the developer sells). SU5 drops, and you can't start a flight. Turns out that the 4 seasons add on is the problem, uninstall it and I could start a flight easily. I contacted the developer of 4 season by email, and he told me that he had turned in a fix to Asobo a week before SU5 was issued. So Asobo knew there was going to be an issue,with this add on they sold, and didn't say squat about it to anyone. To this day they still have not put the update on 4 seasons out.  So much for thinking if you purchased an add on from the MS store, that they would back it up if an update would break that add on. Anyone the developer of the 4 seasons, sent me the updated file, which he had sent to people that had purchased the add on outside of Market Place, no now I have everything working again, albeit with crummy looking textures. 

Nope, he turned in a fix to MICROSOFT. I suspect Asobo dont even know about it yet. The people we interact with for the MarketPlace have nothing to do with Asobo.  And yes, updates on the marketplace takes bloody ages to get approved

Edited by leprechaunlive

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Nope, he turned in a fix to MICROSOFT. I suspect Asobo dont even know about it yet. The people we interact with for the MarketPlace have nothing to do with Asobo.  And yes, updates on the marketplace takes bloody ages to get approved

So you are saying there is no communication between microsoft, the developers, and Asobo.  How weird is that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So you are saying there is no communication between microsoft, the developers, and Asobo.  How weird is that. 

Im not saying that. Im just saying devellopers wanting to update their products have to go through MS and not Asobo. Im not really surprised by MS not telling asobo whenever someone wants to update their products. Their job is to approve, and push the update, not analyzing what it fixes and why. Devs, really have to be talking to both asobo and ms to have the best experience. (that wont make the update faster tho 😄 )

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

Im not saying that. Im just saying devellopers wanting to update their products have to go through MS and not Asobo. Im not really surprised by MS not telling asobo whenever someone wants to update their products. Their job is to approve, and push the update, not analyzing what it fixes and why. Devs, really have to be talking to both asobo and ms to have the best experience. (that wont make the update faster tho 😄 )

Well then, this is a fault in the process that should be fixed. The developer should be submitting their fixes  directly to Asobo and the programmers rather than having to go through  all the red tape that probably exists at MS, before it is passed on. How on earth can the people at MS decide if an update should be approved or not they are not the people programming MSFS?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well this find sure explains why those on machines running msfs at medium settings were elated with this update and those with high end machines running ultra settings were screaming bloody murder.. Thanks for posting this find

Don

• Like 3

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

7 minutes ago, gore54 said:

Well this find sure explains why those on machines running msfs at medium settings were elated with this update and those with high end machines running ultra settings were screaming bloody murder.. Thanks for posting this find

Don

Yes, the medium setting crowd was seeing the same thing they were used to , and the higher settings crowd saw what it now looked like to be rolled back to medium settings. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

What exactly does that reset change for you? Do clouds change? Does LOD change (in general, not at those airports)? Does texture resolution change? Or is this only about those buildings' details at some airports?
Some specific details would be appreciated.

From what I can see everything changes, clouds etc. It seems that unless you do this work around all your settings in the sim are by default running on medium no matter what your settings are. Doing the workaround changes everything to ultra and you can adjust your custom settings from there if you wish.

Don

• Like 1

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

....now I have everything working again, albeit with crummy looking textures. 

Are you finding after Nemo's fix you still find textures crummy?   Seems mine including coloration looks pretty good again.  My main hope is Asobo finding ways to use more VRAM as I'm about 2/3 of what I was seeing for SU4 for both VRAM and SysRAM.  Clouds I think are restored as well but I think they have degraded some as well.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X