Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Very happy with Live Weather NOW ! Praying it holds !

The LIVE Weather is currently looking GREAT !  Temps at high altitudes, altimeter readings, and cloud depictions are sweet.  Currently on the ramp at DCA with thunderstorms moving in from the south.  Looks very OMINUS ! 

http://Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-8-7-2021-9-31

http://Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-8-7-2021-9-53

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 2

WAT1460.png

Yes, I too had a fabulous flight from KDEN to KLAX. Nothing exciting weather-wise per se, but the temps. held their proper values at altitude for 2+ hours and I've not seen that for weeks. On the whole, best flight in the last 10 months overall given that I can (hopefully we all can) fly through the entirety of the Los Angeles basin east to west or west to east WITH NO STUTTERS. NOT ONE! YEAAAA! (FPS a very respectable 38 externally) 🙂

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

Yes, weather i very good now.

I simply think, it is some hours behind my local time, probably UTC.

Hope they will fix this some day

• Upvote 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE doesn't seem to be really LIVE. I'm in US EDT but set up flight US PDT and live wx wasn't even close to the actual wx for the local flight area. Is there a time thing I need to set or adjust?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Have to disagree yesterday it was not remotely accurate. Had to switch to UNREAL weather (which was spot on)

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

24 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

LIVE doesn't seem to be really LIVE. I'm in US EDT but set up flight US PDT and live wx wasn't even close to the actual wx for the local flight area. Is there a time thing I need to set or adjust?

Can't say for sure... when I choose my flight before clicking FLY NOW, I choose my location, time (whatever loads up) and "clear skies".  Then when my flight loads on the ground, I open the Weather Settings window and click on LIVE for the time of day and then LIVE for the weather.  So far since yesterday's hot fix, I have seen accurate weather SKIES, Temps, Altimeter, etc.  In my OP above, I observed T Storms on windy.com in northern Virginia moving NE.  After power up of my Longitude, the MFD displayed the storms perfectly on my wx radar. 😀 

WAT1460.png

3 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Have to disagree yesterday it was not remotely accurate. Had to switch to UNREAL weather (which was spot on)

and this was AFTER you installed the Hot Fix ??

WAT1460.png

It looks fine but as said above, it’s not even close to accurate. Seems to be 6-12 hours behind real life. Hopefully the big weather overhaul coming later this year and into next year will fix it since they’re unwilling to let the Active Sky folks in to do their magic.

• Like 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

It looks fine but as said above, it’s not even close to accurate. Seems to be 6-12 hours behind real life. 

Yep....the delay is a good guess to what it's been for all of the versions since release.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep....the delay is a good guess to what it's been for all of the versions since release.

I guess this is going to be a hit or miss because I have previously seen what you guys describe.  I guess today is a lucky one for me as I am flying up the east coast off GA/SC at FL410 and the live weather (cloud coverage) is very close to RW radar scans.  The best part is as I fly over these storms I'm not getting those horrible lightning flashes we saw before (just nice looking overcast skies below)

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

is that updated for SU5?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

it's still not consistent in central Europe. There are days where it appears to be spot on, and there are days where it's way off, and REX does a much better job.  Hope they'll get it more consistent in future.

15 minutes ago, clayton4115 said:

is that updated for SU5?

Yeah it just was.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Still a bit too dark in rainy weather with an overcast, but apart from that I agree it's usually pretty accurate.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here