Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Don´t feel like flying these days....

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Actually, it does work. When we had our heatwave, I took the side off mine. The 3090 went from 85C down to around 72C. It stated pimping the air directly to the room and was swiftly removed via the drafty window. 

Basically, that only shows that airflow in your case is bad, but in that case, yes it works 🙂

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

If I Remove one side of my Lian Li O11 Dynamic the temps are exactly the same. 

lile rka says: it shows that your airflow is messed up. I have 9 fans in my case, from Monday it will be 11. No need to open the case. 

Edited by swiesma

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Bob, you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting such an act (presuming you are referring to a PC and not a conservatory)! Surely modern PC's are designed for maximum air flow and by taking ANY panel off completely messes up the correct airflow. I purchased a massive Arctic CPU liquid cooler (then found it hard to find a PC case to fit it in the top where it is supposed to be) so did as much research as I could on air flow etc and unless I learned wrongly, taking any panel off is likely to cause big problems. 

I left my main case panel off for years and kept a small fan blowing fresh air directly at parts and the thing ran cooler than it ever had, of course.   All cases trap hot air AND reflect heat back towards parts, and thye do the best they can with sufficient fans provided incoming air isn't too warm.   But the rest of the case provides protection from dust and spilling liquids and also keeps things quieter and that is the main reason to have the case, not for cooling per se.  

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

5 hours ago, reignman40 said:

Cap your frames. You will be blown away how much lower you GPU temps will be. I do 60 for most games but in MSFS I find 45 to be a nice balance. 30FPS is just to low for me. 😏

I've found this really helpful as well.

• Upvote 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

Unfortunately, the coming summers will only be hotter. The climate is entering a spin that may very well be unrecoverable soon. This century is going to be very interesting to say the least.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

If I Remove one side of my Lian Li O11 Dynamic the temps are exactly the same. 

lile rka says: it shows that your airflow is messed up. I have 9 fans in my case, from Monday it will be 11. No need to open the case. 

I have the same case. 3 bottom intake, 3 side intake (AIO), 3 top exhaust. I'm just curious, what is your setup and where will you put fan 10&11? 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

3 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

The climate is entering a spin that may very well be unrecoverable soon.

It does what it does, we have no say. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

It does what it does, we have no say. 

And we are long overdue for the next IceAge.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER