Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Aerosoft Simple Traffic might become rescued

Deleted.. wrong thread 🙂

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

That may be all good and true. However, those white-blue, white-yellow or whatever "airlines" or just empty airports are no alternative either, in my mind.

I am positive, really convincing solutions will come up within the next couple of years, though. Maybe AIG, maybe Traffic Global for MSFS, maybe a new kid on the block. Personally, I would *love* to see UTL for MSFS, but this is stone-dead according to the F1 forum.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, I agree with this.  However, what surprises me is that there is no simple replacement for the actual default AI airliners.  I am not talking about real world routing, or hundreds of real world airlines.  I am thinking literally a direct one-to-one replacement paint livery for the existing ones.  I think there are only 4 or 5? (I am not sure).  But a small livery kit to replace them, for example a US kit that has Delta, United, Alaska, and Southwest - that's it.  Yes, you will see one of these 4-5 at your airports but NOT the multicolored generics that we see now.  You could have the US, UK, Europe, maybe 4 regions? at 5 apiece - that's only 20 paints.  I would do this if I knew how.   This would be a short term fix till pay ware is available.  I applaud AIG, but that is a huge monster that we may see next year.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

10 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Yes, I agree with this.  However, what surprises me is that there is no simple replacement for the actual default AI airliners. 

This may be caused by the fact that all the livery painters merried to AIG exclusively and don't allow to use their liveries by anyone else.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Yes, I agree with this.  However, what surprises me is that there is no simple replacement for the actual default AI airliners.  I am not talking about real world routing, or hundreds of real world airlines.  I am thinking literally a direct one-to-one replacement paint livery for the existing ones.  I think there are only 4 or 5? (I am not sure).  But a small livery kit to replace them, for example a US kit that has Delta, United, Alaska, and Southwest - that's it.  Yes, you will see one of these 4-5 at your airports but NOT the multicolored generics that we see now.  You could have the US, UK, Europe, maybe 4 regions? at 5 apiece - that's only 20 paints.  I would do this if I knew how.   This would be a short term fix till pay ware is available.  I applaud AIG, but that is a huge monster that we may see next year.

https://www.projectmegapack.com/
https://flightsim.to/file/17579/msfs-ai-traffic-european-livery-pack

Edited by awf
  • Like 2

André

8 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Michael,

I'm using the IVAO models combined with this https://flightsim.to/file/18285/easy-airlines-aircraft-matching-with-default-live-traffic (v. 1.2) and this https://flightsim.to/file/17471/static-ai-europe.
And as you can see I'm using Online AI.

I've been using exactly this. I find it's great, but for one detail: for the static package to work well, one needs to turn ground aircraft density to 0 (to avoid multiple aircraft on top of each other). But then, as soon as I fly to an airport not covered by the package, there will be no static aircraft to be seen unless I change the settings again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awf said:

The euro liver pack seems great, hopefully a US is on the way soon.

Thank you for your post, but a few questions on the megapack;

• I think this just adds user selectable liveries for the default aircraft (ie. A320), correct?
  • I don't think these are seen by the AI within the sim (user livery only), correct?
  • The default multicolor generics will still be in the sim and you will see these, correct?

26 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

• I think this just adds user selectable liveries for the default aircraft (ie. A320), correct?
  • I don't think these are seen by the AI within the sim (user livery only), correct?
  • The default multicolor generics will still be in the sim and you will see these, correct?

Actually answered my own questions just by installing and testing.  The answer is essentially - no.  This does not do any replacement of default airliner AI paints.  And that is the small simple package I was referring to in my original post.  Thank you for your suggestion though, but I am off to uninstall.

5 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Just to add on here, these are the liveries I am talking about.  We all have them and there are only 8 of them;

MSFS Official Directory

asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-quadengines
this contains only 4 texture files
TEXTURE
TEXTURE.01
TEXTURE.02
TEXTURE.03

It would be cool for me at least, to have these be liveries for American, Northwest, Hawaiian, and United

asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines
this contains only 4 texture files
TEXTURE
TEXTURE.01
TEXTURE.02
TEXTURE.03

It would be cool for me at least, to have these be liveries for American, Southwest, Delta, and United

This is what I find interesting, there are literally a thousand liveries paints on the web for MSFS, but these 8 seem to have some magic associated with them, just not sure why.

• Upvote 1

To return to the beginning, I think I'll just wait what Aerosoft will have to offer (if any) at this point. The list of airlines included is pretty long, and if memory serves me right the package will come at a moderate cost.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

What made Aerosoft change their mind?

They said they were cancelling the add-on, now all of the sudden it's back on? 

If this was mentioned already, I have missed it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I wonder when this Aerosoft addon will see the light of day? It looked almost finished when the trailer was released.

8 hours ago, Mace said:

What made Aerosoft change their mind?

They said they were cancelling the add-on, now all of the sudden it's back on? 

If this was mentioned already, I have missed it.

This is pure speculation..( before people start quoting it as fact somewhere else)  but two things happened about the time it went into withdrawl..   one was a few changes in SU5 in the SDK that didn't help AI.. although these were very quickly sorted out by some of the AI people, even though they seemed fairly serious,  and AIG started another huge round of cease and desist because you may be using something we built.

It may also be that as a paid  product, they wanted to be double/treble sure about licensing issues on liveries with the real world companies.

As I say, the SDK change seemed rough but were easily solved (things like AI aircraft not having lights and some issues with positioning etc), and they may have looked at the level of additional work to ensure they were not infringing anyone or anything either in fact or in possibility and decided that work level was also not to bad or they could come to an agreement with whoever.

As I say, speculation on my part, but having worked with a couple of other 3rd party AI groups in one way or another.. that would seem to all fit into the timing of this.

The other thing, of course that will now happen as well, is I expect to see a flurry of posts by AIG as to their development status and a much improved timeline from them,  so even if you don't like the Aerosoft solution, it will probably improve the speed to market of AIG.

Of course, it may also be something as simple as having someone pull out of the project and now finding a replacement,  but to really answer your question...  The factual reasons have not been given,  so we have an open blank sheet to speculate with which is what everyone here at AVSIM loves doing most 🙂 (me  included when I am still on my first coffee of the morning)

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 4

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I thought Aerosoft said they could not continue due to some files in MSFS being locked so they could not access the data. I wonder if they have had a chat with Asobo and they have managed to find a compromise solution, so that they can now continue with their development?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Check the aircraft.cfg file 😉
isAirTraffic = 1 ; Is the plane usable for air traffic
isUserSelectable = 0 ; Is the plane selectable by the user

Edited by awf

André

7 hours ago, Moria15 said:

This is pure speculation..( before people start quoting it as fact somewhere else)  but two things happened about the time it went into withdrawl..   one was a few changes in SU5 in the SDK that didn't help AI.. although these were very quickly sorted out by some of the AI people, even though they seemed fairly serious,  and AIG started another huge round of cease and desist because you may be using something we built.

It may also be that as a paid  product, they wanted to be double/treble sure about licensing issues on liveries with the real world companies.

As I say, the SDK change seemed rough but were easily solved (things like AI aircraft not having lights and some issues with positioning etc), and they may have looked at the level of additional work to ensure they were not infringing anyone or anything either in fact or in possibility and decided that work level was also not to bad or they could come to an agreement with whoever.

As I say, speculation on my part, but having worked with a couple of other 3rd party AI groups in one way or another.. that would seem to all fit into the timing of this.

The other thing, of course that will now happen as well, is I expect to see a flurry of posts by AIG as to their development status and a much improved timeline from them,  so even if you don't like the Aerosoft solution, it will probably improve the speed to market of AIG.

Of course, it may also be something as simple as having someone pull out of the project and now finding a replacement,  but to really answer your question...  The factual reasons have not been given,  so we have an open blank sheet to speculate with which is what everyone here at AVSIM loves doing most 🙂 (me  included when I am still on my first coffee of the morning)

Graham

They said the reason it was shelved was because SU5 encrypted files they needed, but have never said what files were encrypted.

Edited by Tuskin38