Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Anchorage to Juneau in a 707

The new ORBX Alaska mesh and the Captain Sim 707, which I have ported over to MSFS.

As you will see, the 707 has a few shortcomings. One of the most striking ones is that the undercarriage doesn’t show, but she sits at the right height on the tarmac and she rolls and moves fine. Also engines and flaps all work as they should. Then she has no instruments. She never had in MSFS, which is in my case not a big problem, as I have all necessary flight information on a second monitor. With SU5 we know that you have a CTD, as soon as you switch to VC view, when you use an FSX plane. Well…. not anymore, as I have found out by accident. I know that you can make it work again with MCX, but in my case this isn’t possible, as for some reason my MCX doesn’t save anything anymore, after I have made changes to a plane.

I found out that if you fly in windowed mode, which I usually do, you have to move your mouse to the top of your screen, before you switch to VC mode. Then everything works just as before the update. But as soon as you move your mouse down over the screen again, you have a CTD (only in VC mode, in external mode, you can move the mouse around freely and everything is fine).

Why do I go through all this trouble? Because I’m mad, didn’t you know? Ok, I just love flying older birds and I don’t know, whether we will ever see a 707 or 727 in MSFS. So, on occasion I love taking them up to the air. 

B-707-2.jpg 

B-707-3.jpg 

B-707-7.jpg 

B-707-10.jpg 

B-707-13.jpg

No worries, I never smoke while flying. I just drink 🙂

B-707-15.jpg 

B-707-18.jpg 

B-707-19.jpg 

B-707-21.jpg 

B-707-23.jpg 

B-707-26.jpg 

B-707-29.jpg 

B-707-36.jpg 

B-707-37.jpg

Finally Juneau comes into sight

B-707-39.jpg 

B-707-43.jpg 

B-707-44.jpg 

B-707-45.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

• Like 12

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice shots of the Alaska! They're good Marlboro red? I smoke Rothmans Red. 🙂 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Great set of shots, man what do i love the 707, i like this "retro" planes so mutch - hopefully at some time a good one is coming to MSFS !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

***Amazing Series***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

4 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Nice shots of the Alaska! They're good Marlboro red? I smoke Rothmans Red. 🙂 

Many thanks. I don't know about the Marlboros. The last cigarette I smoked was when I was fifteen. It was my first and last one. Later in life I started smoking pipes and for the last 20 years I have succumbed to smoking cigars 😊

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Great set of shots, man what do i love the 707, i like this "retro" planes so mutch - hopefully at some time a good one is coming to MSFS !

cheers 😉

Thanks a lot, yeah planes like the 707, DC-8, VC10 etc are pure magic. 

2 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***Amazing Series***

I'm glad you like them, Patrick

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Many thanks. I don't know about the Marlboros. The last cigarette I smoked was when I was fifteen. It was my first and last one. Later in life I started smoking pipes and for the last 20 years I have succumbed to smoking cigars 😊

Thanks a lot, yeah planes like the 707, DC-8, VC10 etc are pure magic. 

I'm glad you like them, Patrick

Enjoying a good cuban cigar with a wishky is the best! 🙂 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Wouldn't mind having that mesh for XP.  Back in the day, I jump seated (ATC program) on a Western B720 on that route.  At that time the LDA approach was much less sophisticated and the Captain remarked ' landing runway 8 was a lot like landing on a carrier.  Interesting note, both Captain and first officer had the surname Kellog - called themselves twins and said they were looking for a flight engineer named Kellog.

• Like 1

Nice shots! Glad you managed to get the old bird back in the air! Thanks for posting.👍

Also brings a whole new meaning to "flying by the seat of your pants" when you have no undercarriage and no gauges!

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Beautiful stuff, Bernd. And who needs undercarriage when you've got a built-in hoverboard? Great to see that airplane again. I still have FSX on my system and keep meaning to go back and set it up a bit better just for some of these birds. I've got a lot of old aircraft I'd love to see again, and I figure that FSX, rather than P3D, might be the place to maintain them, as P3D feels too much like a nearly-sim now, but for me FSX is so dissimilar to MSFS that I can treat it as a different sort of entity. With FSX, I know I'm in a sim and can't even begin to pretend I'm looking at the real world. Well, on my system at least - I have seen some folks posting FSX, and even FS9, shots that look pretty impressive, so maybe . . .

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:53 AM, bernd1151 said:

Why do I go through all this trouble? Because I’m mad, didn’t you know? Ok, I just love flying older birds and I don’t know, whether we will ever see a 707 or 727 in MSFS. So, on occasion I love taking them up to the air. 

I'm with you, Bernd...🙂....

Great set with this Canada (Air Force) livery...(I'd recently flown or/and run into this Canadian Forces livery...myself...)...

• Like 1