Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Local Legends Ideas

I think the Topolev Tu-144 would be nice with a Russia World Update. It was the first commercial supersonic airplane and the technic was 30 years ahead of the soviet union. And by the way Concorde comes to the Sim probably this year with DC Design. And there are still a lot 144's around. Some years ago the even restored the paint job of the model that made the test flights with NASA.

I would like to see a B377 Stratocruiser or Super Guppy it would fit great with Local Legend and would be the first Stratocruiser or Super Guppy since Microsoft Flight Simulator X

• Like 1

A lot of great suggestions here so far.

I’d LOVE more smokey old jet airliners from the dawn of the the jet age.

A (later) Comet, Boeing 707/737-200/720/727, DC8 or DC-9 (my vote!!!), a Trident....don’t care as long as it is A) older than Me age 48 B) hopelessly loud and smokey!!

I miss my teenage 1990s days of going to my cousins’ near the Madison, WI airport and feeling their entire neighborhood rumble and windows shake with each 727/DC-9 takeoff!

And the SMOKE...we must have LOTS of smoke! 🙂

And a GPS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Did you all see you were replying to a 2-year old topic?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

8 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Did you all see you were replying to a 2-year old topic?

Yes indeed. Raised from the dead by @Unwarymammal363 's first post on this forum. Well his username certainly checks out! 😁 

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I wonder what Flying Boat it is this month?  :unsure:

To be fair, both the Latécoère and the Do X were excellently modelled. 

I paid about £8 each for them which is an absolute bargain, but I would really like something a bit different this time.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Something boring and familiar please. And without floats. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

37 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

According to this interview, the next Local Legend is going to be Japanese.

Anyone know any Japanese flying boats? lmao
https://techraptor.net/gaming/features/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-interview

I'm guessing we're going to see a Zero from Aeroplane Heaven, though on the flying boat front it could be a ShinMaya US-2 or a Kawanishi H8K.

Personally, I'm hoping for 1) a non-Aeroplane Heaven product, and 2) an NAMC YS-11 turboprop airliner, or a Mitsubishi MU-2. 

We'll find out any time from now to maybe 5 hours from now. 

Edited by STK