Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Contacting Microsoft With Problems

Hi All, I get this feeling that no one is listening I have a new problem and have not been able to make contact with Microsoft as when it asks for the product ID it says that it is incorrect and I can not go any further. Has anyone had the problem "After installing an add-on FSX then drops it own product ID which requires a reinstall I find this to be somewhat of a pain. can anyone give me a way to make contact without needing to insert the product ID.Thanks allTony

Tony,I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but does FSX work as advertised WITHOUT any addons installed? My guess from your post is that it does. If so, MS have nothing to do with the problems you're having.Which addon are you installing when having issues? You'll need to contact the vendor of that addon not MS. Actually it's a brilliant idea MS had about detecting if any addons have been installed!

I believe the problem he wants to tell microsoft about has nothing to do with the addon. He is having problems getting the microsoft site to accept his product ID in order to mention the problem. He is asking if an addon may have altered his product ID.To answer the OP's question, I do not think an addon can make ur product ID invalid. Such info would probably be stored on some Microsoft Database and I highly doubt that MS has software to detect addons to MSFS. Even if they did, the webpage would tell you that you had some addon installed instead of just telling you that your product ID was invalid. I would say that u may be entering the information wrong. Check for typo's, and make use you are not replacing zero's for the letter o and vice versa.Good LuckKabs

>Hi All,>> I get this feeling that no one is listening I have a new>problem and have not been able to make contact with Microsoft>as when it asks for the product ID it says that it is>incorrect and I can not go any further.>> Has anyone had the problem "After installing an add-on>FSX then drops it own product ID which requires a reinstall>> I find this to be somewhat of a pain. can anyone give me>a way to make contact without needing to insert the product>ID.>>>Thanks all>>Tony>>Call them on the phone!

I agree. If FSX worked before installing the add-on and didn't after it had been installed then the problem's with the add-on not FSX. If that's the case then it's not Microsoft's problem.

That really is a joke as yesterday I tried just that with their 800 number and it rings and you again get the dial tone. Why do I get the feeling they are not intrested.TonyRepeat after me I AM NOT A BATA TESTER!

Hi, Perhaps I have not made myself clear... I never said that FSX worked as advertised I have been going thru the 1603 / 1722 error fairly frequently and waiting for that fix to come out.When the program was offered it was as retail not a bata.Sorry I just don't think I'm a bata tester for microsoft with no recourse when it comes to problems.Tony

Hi The two are : Cessna 525 citation jet amd EFBFSX which is a moving map and chart program which has been upgraded from fs9 by the original company that offered it for fs9 Thanks for your interestTony

You are asking too much of the reader in this forum. On one hand you talk about addons, yet when addons become the focus of responders, you switch it back to discussing a basic failing of fsx.Sorry, mixing too many ideas together for me to make sense of.I'd go back to insisting you eliminate all addons, and only seek help for your basic fsx problem.AFter that's fixed, then addons and deal with addon companies for those problems.B

Guest Captain Dad

It's spelled b E t a, not b A t a.