Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Villagers React To A Day in The Life as an Airline Pilot - A

These three guys live in India in a very remote village.    Their names are Babu,  Raeen,  and Sarru.

I've been watching them for a while now,  because the've never seen most of the things which I take for granted everyday.    They live very simple lives,  but their perspective is wholesome and their minds always seem to be in the right place.

I think their age difference is one factor that I enjoy,  different generations and all that.

They don't own the channel,  the channel employs them as reactors.   Yesterday,  they were shown footage of an a320 for the first time.   None of them had ever seen an airplane before.  😁

The old guy,  Babu,  recently started performing songs at the end.  He plays a mean drum,  and I like his simple folk songs.   Not entire sure if he writes them on the fly,  or not.

People in that YT thread want to start a crowd fund to get old man Babu up into the sky.  They really had me laughing with this one.    

Some of life's joys are simple.

Haha, yeah I think I saw those guys react to the Isle of Man motorcycle race. That was kind of intense.. 🤪

Crazy on impossible levels.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

With all the money that channel makes get that old man on an airplane, and the other two to accompany him

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

16 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Haha, yeah I think I saw those guys react to the Isle of Man motorcycle race. That was kind of intense.. 🤪

Crazy on impossible levels.

Yeah,  it probably was them.

11 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

With all the money that channel makes get that old man on an airplane, and the other two to accompany him

Agreed.  A few months back they got a chance to travel by road to a beach to see the ocean for the first time.   It was cool to watch,  but wow,  the beach was littered with trash.    I'm not judging,  but their culture doesn't seem to grasp the collective "see trash,  pick it up" mentality  (at least in that one area).   It was driving me mad.   I kept thinking,  "everyone stand up,  form abreast,  and walk toward the beach,  picking up one object in the process".

Like I said,  every time I watch them I'm reminded of what I take for granted.   I was lucky enough to grow up spending summers on the Chesapeake Bay,   exploring it with my modest 21 foot boat.  It's a beautiful, and conserving it is very much on the minds of the people who live on it's shores.   

• Upvote 1

Thanks Waldo, I love seeing different cultures from all around the world and this was great!  Thanks for introducing me to this.  Very educational and funny!

• Like 1

I love seeing someone experience aviation for the first time.  I was thinking about how they'd respond to MSFS on a decent system.

The moment some of have been hoping for has finally arrived,   the villagers finally get their first airplane ride!    Love these guys,   so happy for them.   Particularly for old man Babu.

That was fascinating to watch. Thanks for sharing! 🧐

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am happy Badu finally got to fly

Them debating about if they can take an empty water bottle from the plane was hilarious

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane