Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwantmydc3

Whatever happened to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?

Amen to that.even if I am disappointed about the date for the DX 10 update (indeed, I would liked to have it yesterday), I am happy that the first Service Pack will be in the foreseeable future.Also the fact that ACEs are working on an Add-on proves their commitment to the brand. I like FSX. That is a personal preference. And I am happy that the product will be improved upon without us having to buy a FS XI. Jan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just because your happy to sit in silence over a flawed product doesnt mean that other people should. Different people express themselves in different ways. FSX should never have been released in its present state, and people have a right to be angry. Id say the only reason M$ are reacting to the FSX problems are due to the large number of people blowing off steam. So stop feeling sorry for ACES, they stuffed up, and now theyre copping the flack.

> What ever happened to constuctive criticism?It didn't work?

>> What ever happened to constuctive criticism?>>It didn't work?Kind of looks like it.The constructive criticism came during the FS-X demo and Beta with comments like:- Nice Beta but the performance is terrible- It looks awsome but bloom eats framerates for breakfastetc, etcMost of it was never reacted on. They prommised somewhat beter performance though but in the end the better performance was nowhere near good enough for most users. We still have the promise of a performance update in SP1.Recently one of the ACEs guys wanted to clarify their view on what they see in the DX10 artist impressions that some of us seem to have on their walls like pinup posters (and like those posters its almost all airbrushed fantasy).FS-X needs a very good, above expectation SP1 when that one fails the newly annouced add-on and the DX10 update are irrelevant.

Nick,I honestly agree with you, for the most part, but I have to admit that I also find it just as curious how many people feel the need to take up the fight for Microsoft.Many people certainly seem to be genuinely frustrated, and ya know what, it's no business of mine, yours, or anyone else to tell them that they shouldn't be. Sure, it goes over the top sometimes, but can you honestly say you've never over-exaggerated an issue you were put off by ? On the flip-side of that, there seems to be a significant number of people that are genuinely satisfied with the product, and should not be made to feel as if they're somehow selling out the community by saying so.Most people have the ability to make decisions for themselves, based on what they see the situation to be; unfortunately, we have a few, and make no mistake about it, it's only a few, very vocal folks on both sides of the fence, that jump at every opportunity to try and force their views down the throats others.....whatever...

"See, it only took 50 minutes for the first 4 year old to climb out of the sandbox!"I suppose comments like this are part of the solution ? :-hmmm

Brian,Thanks for the response. The rest of this post is generic in terms, and not specifically directed at you, so don't get the wrong idea.My point really had little to do with FSX, ACES, the FS user-base, or AVSIM. It had everything to do with the fact that, in general, people these days are offering less and less in the way of critical thinking, constructive criticism, and or tolerance.I think we can do better, thats all.Nick

Well said Nick, I couldn't agree with you more.Eagerly awaiting SP1, DX10 features, and the expansion pack.-Thad

> It didn't work?When was it even tried?Again, I don't mean "Name another instance when droves of people openly stated that FSX was a waste and referred to Bill Gates personally ripping them off."Nick

>Just because your happy to sit in silence over a flawed product Not once have I sat in silence, friend. I've filed my share of bug reports. Downloaded my share of beta drops, and generally done my part to offer genuine constructive feedback.>Id say the only reason M$...This very thread is about stopping the insults, and you stop yourself from slipping that in can you?>So stop feeling sorry for ACESACES is not the group I feel sorry for. Think about it.Nick

FS9 wasn't perfect and neither were any of the other releases, which in my eyes explains the large number of 3rd party developers.It's difficult to please all users and after 10th release I don't see much of a difference in the evolution of the flightsim from release date till now, just more vocal this time around due to the developers listening and interacting I'm assuming.Ian.

Nick,Again, I agree with you, and apologize for maybe missing the point of your original post.I understand that you weren't necessarily referring to AVSim, but as a small example of a larger idea, I'd offer that much of the reason we're seeing such ridiculous behavior here is simply because people feel they can get away with it. Personal insults and ad hominem attacks have become far more the rule than the exception, and we all lose out because of that, as true debate/discussion is not possible in such an environment.It is no more acceptable to trash Microsoft based on such trivial matters as it is to call another poster a 4-year-old for stating his opinion, but, round-and-round we go...

So SP1 failed? Crap, and I was hoping to glean a few more fps. Oh well, X-plane and flightgear here I come.Ian.