Sign in to follow this  
solito

New graphics setting

SU6 came with a new graphic setting:  "Raymarched reflections".- Want to know what is that for ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, solito said:

SU6 came with a new graphic setting:  "Raymarched reflections".- Want to know what is that for ?

Quick and simple web searches save you time.....

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/raymarched-reflections/449858

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So it seems that it is the original "reflections" setting renamed as "raymarched reflections".-

Reading that entire thread, not any clearer. It might simply be renamed and not add anything new or different. Or maybe it does add stuff. 

So yeah, would be nice to know what exactly this is and why it was added with no fanfare from Asobo. Probably because it was not meant to be added… Would not be the first time they put stuff in the menu by mistake. 

That link above listed above is not helpful at all. People there are just speculating, and generally disagreeing with each other.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

41 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

That link above listed above is not helpful at all. People there are just speculating, and generally disagreeing with each other.

Thanks, I followed the link, too, but didn't dare to say this.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

47 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Reading that entire thread, not any clearer. It might simply be renamed and not add anything new or different. Or maybe it does add stuff. 

So yeah, would be nice to know what exactly this is and why it was added with no fanfare from Asobo. Probably because it was not meant to be added… Would not be the first time they put stuff in the menu by mistake. 

Yes, the speculation and disagreement is far better here.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

59 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

People there are just speculating, and generally disagreeing with each other.

Did you misspell "there" and intend to type "everywhere"?  Just kidding!  Just kidding!  Please community, do not question whether I was kidding or not!  Please?

Was he kidding?

Of course he was....

No! I don't think he was!

Can we post a poll?

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Haha. I prefer to speculate and disagree in one place at a time, and the members here are much better with the discourse. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OneOfMany said:

the members here are much better with the discourse. 

Yeah. Avsim members lead the way, we have earned our stripes! 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor