Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Bijan seasons question

I have just purchased this addon but unfortunately it does not work in my part of Australia.  I was hoping for trees that looked the way Orbx's addon for P3D does an excellent job of displaying Australian gum trees (eucalypts).  My local airport YMER (Merimbula NSW far south coast) is lined with substantial gum trees on one side and although the default trees have no resemblance to eucalypts the height is pretty much spot on.  The Bijan addon reduces them to shrubs as well as in no way looking like eucalypts.  Hoping this addon does a better job with the rest of the world.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

38 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

I have just purchased this addon but unfortunately it does not work in my part of Australia.  I was hoping for trees that looked the way Orbx's addon for P3D does an excellent job of displaying Australian gum trees (eucalypts).  My local airport YMER (Merimbula NSW far south coast) is lined with substantial gum trees on one side and although the default trees have no resemblance to eucalypts the height is pretty much spot on.  The Bijan addon reduces them to shrubs as well as in no way looking like eucalypts.  Hoping this addon does a better job with the rest of the world.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You may have installed in incorrectly as 60 to 70 % of trees in Australia are eucalypts in season mod where they should be trees. Keep i mind that most of Australia is desert so there are some places with no trees. Make sure you only installed one season only and restart after installing.

Also make sure you are not using any other tree mod that may conflict and cause trees not to display correctly.

If you send me an email with a screenshot I can help you sort of any issues you may have..

Eucalypts  in Australia:

jy6gmqR.jpg

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

50 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Bruce

Mate here's what i see at YMER. Looks like tall trees and not shrubs. Something is not right with your install.

1n5xdrN.jpg

NfJEnY1.jpg

tpewpb-6.png

I have compromised with the “Fall” mod which I run all the time

I summer fly but this gives me variable coloured  trees all the time everywhere 

I have Bijans mod but not for me yet-I keep it on the back burner 

xxd09

Is this a seasons addon or a tree addon? The majority of the author's product description on simmarket talks about trees.

15 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is this a seasons addon or a tree addon?

Yes a seasons variation tree mod and tree addon. it doesn't change any seasons.

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is this a seasons addon or a tree addon? The majority of the author's product description on simmarket talks about trees.

It's a four season mod with opposite seasons on southern hemisphere and many new 3d trees added.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

23 hours ago, RW1 said:

Mate here's what i see at YMER. Looks like tall trees and not shrubs. Something is not right with your install.

1n5xdrN.jpg

NfJEnY1.jpg

Yes that is what I see too. Perhaps to say they look like shrubs is a bit of hyperbole but these trees are substantially smaller than default which have always seemed about right to me - at least in this location. But when I can get out of COVID lock down I will have to go over to the airport and remind myself of just how the vegetation looks in real life.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

Yes that is what I see too. Perhaps to say they look like shrubs is a bit of hyperbole but these trees are substantially smaller than default which have always seemed about right to me - at least in this location. But when I can get out of COVID lock down I will have to go over to the airport and remind myself of just how the vegetation looks in real life.

Bruce

Bruce I miss also what ORBX did was unique to Oz for P3d(As you know)and I wish they would step up and replicate it again for Oceania in this new sim! You can change the size of Bijans tree mod. Make them bigger by tweaking the files, but needs to be repeated every time an update is released.

tpewpb-6.png

I love the fall so I just switched to Fall North, and flew over Germany last night and it looks fantastic.!!!

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

46 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I love the fall so I just switched to Fall North, and flew over Germany last night and it looks fantastic.!!!

So thats Germany, allways nice..😇☺️

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Any other good places to get this than Simmarket?
For some reason I always have problems when trying to purchase something from there.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

16 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

Any other good places to get this than Simmarket?
For some reason I always have problems when trying to purchase something from there.

It's Simmarket or the in game marketplace, but the marketplace version is only in individual season packs and works out a lot more expensive (not he devs fault, Microsoft insisted it could only be sold that way in the marketplace) also it's added to and updated a lot (weekly generally) and marketplace is always a long way behind with the updates.

Simmarket is the only sensible way to purchase this mod.  

Edited by The Moose

8 minutes ago, The Moose said:

It's Simmarket or the in game marketplace, but the marketplace version is only in individual season packs and works out a lot more expensive (not he devs fault, Microsoft insisted it could only be sold that way in the marketplace) also it's added to and updated a lot (weekly generally) and marketplace is always a long way behind with the updates.

Simmarket is the only sensible way to purchase this mod.  

I agree, the Market Place gives you 1/4 of what you are paying for. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, that is a bit sad.
I live in Denmark, and for some reason Visa payment does not work in that store.
I have already been in contact with sim market, and I have a long purchase history from FSX days.

Just Flight, ORBX, Flysimware and others works just fine.

But that is of course another story.
Just a little heads up for devs that uses Simmarket, might miss out on purchases.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD