Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@JesC, a value of 0 effectively turns the detection off. Any value greater than 0 doesn’t. I can’t see any value other than 0 working.

Exactly!!

That's the reason for my post to suggest the distinction between TdrDelay and TdrLevel. I think you and @MarkW are talking about distinctly different settings.

Did you look at the link I provided???

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

19 minutes ago, JesC said:

Exactly!!

That's the reason for my post to suggest the distinction between TdrDelay and TdrLevel. I think you and @MarkW are talking about distinctly different settings.

Did you look at the link I provided???

Jesse

Yes. We need to set TdrLevel to 0. That’s the one that worked for FSL people.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But the value in the link I posted was 0. And Andrew Wilson confirmed it worked for him.

I used 0 and after constant errors during a flight was able to complete the rest of my flight without issue.  Not really convinced its fixed yet until I fly the same route again and confirm.  Thanks for the help on this very frustrating problem. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I used 0 and after constant errors during a flight was able to complete the rest of my flight without issue.  Not really convinced its fixed yet until I fly the same route again and confirm.  Thanks for the help on this very frustrating problem. 

I’ve now set 0 and am enroute from EGCC to EDDB. A two hour flight that may trigger the problem or may not. Unfortunately there’s no set rules that will trigger it so all we can do is keep flying and keeping a note of how many we’ve done without the DXGI issue raising its ugly head.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My 1h 45m flight to Berlin was fine. Staying in the same session I'm now planning the next leg down to Rome.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My 1h 45m flight to Berlin was fine. Staying in the same session I'm now planning the next leg down to Rome.

Out of interest... Brandenburg or Tegel? I appreciate Tegel is closed in the RW but I always liked it and I find Brandenburg a bit... modern for my tastes.

• Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Brandenburg by Aerosoft. Never bought Tegel. Strange runways. Shows up in AFD hundreds of feet wide. Weird.

I like jetways but agree this airport is a bit bare and covered with Easyjet and Ryanair. Bland!

Back on topic I'm now at FL350 at SW of Leipzig. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The flight down to Rome was fine. 1h 50m. That's over 4 hours of sim time free of any errors.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I havnt got a TdrLevel but only a TdrDelay?

Should i add this manually ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

@Michael Moe, remove TDRDelay. It’s not needed. Backup your Registry first.

Yes, you need to add TdrLevel as a new DWORD 64-bit. Value must be 0.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Michael Moe, remove TDRDelay. It’s not needed. Backup your Registry first.

Yes, you need to add TdrLevel as a new DWORD 64-bit. Value must be 0.

Thanks Ray - i do only have DWORD 32 bit so guess its this

Thanks again Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes Michael. It needs to be a 64-bit key.

For those of you who have edited the Registry with this new key please report whether each flight was successful or not. Silence doesn’t tell us anything.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For those of you who have edited the Registry with this new key please report whether each flight was successful or not.

Well, Ray, as I suggested earlier in this thread the Registry Key edit did not work for me. The only thing that reliably solved the issue for me was using MSI Afterburner to set the power limit to 93%.

I also would note this caution from Microsoft:

"Important

These registry keys should not be manipulated by end users, or by applications outside of targeted testing or debugging during driver development."

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

@JesC, point taken and I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. Time will tell if it works for others. The topic over at FS Labs was unhelpfully locked but the last posts indicated it did work for some of them.

Are you flying either their Airbus or the PMDG aircraft?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

50 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you flying either their Airbus or the PMDG aircraft?

NO. I'm strictly a GA flyer.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran