Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@airservices, the performance tab is more useful. CPU0 will hit 100% but only occasionally. Check GPU usage too. Anything close to 100% means GPU settings are too high.

OK thanks for that I will see what else I can do even at default settings in P3Dv5.2 it shows the same but in P3Dv4.5 and MSFS the CPU and GPU are balanced perfect

3 minutes ago, airservices said:

This is what is showing up

CPU0 should not be maxxed out in those circumstances. Over London or Sydney it will. Try lowering your scenery settings until it’s around 95% or less.

What is performance like now you’ve made those changes including running at 30Hz. Smoother?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@airservices If you limit your FPS in P3D, you will always see core 0 running at 100%, no matter how low or high your settings are. This is a FSX/P3D thing that has been out there since FSX. If you get good FPS, I would not worry (although limiting the FPS internally carries a FPS penalty unless you make adjustments to the Fiber Frame Time Fraction). If your monitor can run at 30Hz or anywhere between 30Hz and 60Hz, I would do it as Ray Proudfood suggests: to set unlimited FPS and activate Vsync. Then you will have highest possible performance, while having a lower CPU load in situations where there is not much demand for CPU power.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

@airservices If you limit your FPS in P3D, you will always see core 0 running at 100%, no matter how low or high your settings are. This is a FSX/P3D thing that has been out there since FSX. If you get good FPS, I would not worry (although limiting the FPS internally carries a FPS penalty unless you make adjustments to the Fiber Frame Time Fraction). If your monitor can run at 30Hz or anywhere between 30Hz and 60Hz, I would do it as Ray Proudfood suggests: to set unlimited FPS and activate Vsync. Then you will have highest possible performance, while having a lower CPU load in situations where there is not much demand for CPU power.

Hi yes I have done all that I think I will uninstall P3Dv5.2 and start from scratch I have deleted my CFG no go cleared my shaders still no go something else has gone wrong because it was perfect before I reinstalled it I have done everything that Ray has said and everything that you have suggested I have done thanks for your help guys I will uninstall it and restart and let you know tomorrow

@airservices, but you're not saying what the problem is. Have our suggestions not made any difference? Really?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Grgghh! DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG after hours of problem-free flights. There must still be some bugs in v5.2HF1.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Can you please remind me how to delete “shader cache” in P3Dv5.

The path will be in %AppData% then Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

Once you're in the folder Ctrl+A selects all the files and Shift+Del deletes them.

Mine are up to over 4000 atm.

I've created shortcuts to the folders I need to get to often and have them grouped in a Fence. (using "Fences" a great tool for managing desktop icons).

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

An independent search of the graphics warning in Event Viewer suggested the same action as given earlier by @srcraig.

Add an entry named TdrDelay in the Registry. I'll try that after I land.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@airservices, but you're not saying what the problem is. Have our suggestions not made any difference? Really?

The problem was no GPU usage I went ahead did all of what you said with no improvement so I went and uninstalled P3Dv5.2 reinstalled it now she is running like a dream CPU is sitting on about 48% and GPU is on about 52-56% so there must have been something wrong with the install that I did now with the NEW install everything is OK thanks for all your help anyway

• Like 2

@airservices, agreed there must have been something wrong with your install. Glad it's sorted.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Following the instructions on this site I've added two registry keys and set the value of each to 20 (hexadecimal) for both.

Discussions over at FSLabs suggest a value of 0 for TdiDelay. Who knows which is right. Maybe just an entry is sufficient. Time will tell.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Looking through Event Viewer the earliest instance of event 4101 (DXGI problems) was on 14 March 2021.

P3Dv5 was installed on 13 March 2021.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A short test flight from KRDU up to KIAD. No issues with this Registry change. I'll only know if it's fixed after many more flights.

Several discussions over on FS Labs about this with the Airbus. Maybe it is a problem when flying these more complex airliners. Where's the keys to my Cub! 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wonder if 4k resolution put a lot of pressure on Vcards. I have switched to the V5.2HF1 on 07/05 and completed ~25 flights since then. Stable as a rock, not a single CTD with my 9900k@5.0, 2080Ti and 32GB RAM. However, I have never ever tried 4k due to very complex AI set-up, heavy sceneries. etc. I'm flying FSLBus and PMDG birds 100% of time in 2k resolution with 2080 internal textures. 

We'll see...maybe my turn will come soon 🙂