Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

32 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

No. Not with a single 1080Ti. Software issue, then. Hopefully it doesn't recur. 

Me too.  That setting has worked so far. I imagine Nvidia put it there for good reason.

24 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

ive been using using a fancy EVGA gold 750 full modular for a few years now with a 1080ti , no problem at all ( touch wood)

👍 I’ve flown around the world in P3Dv4 in the PMDG737 and not one DXGI problem. A good quality PSU is a good investment.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Me too.  That setting has worked so far. I imagine Nvidia put it there for good reason.

👍 I’ve flown around the world in P3Dv4 in the PMDG737 and not one DXGI problem. A good quality PSU is a good investment.

+1

remember to vacuum your fans/inlet underneeth the case sometimes on the PSU.

PS! Also i think i have had less DXGI by disabling hardware GPU acceleration in W10 and havent noticed  performance degrade by doing so.

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Something perhaps no-one has mentioned yet.

My Graphics card was running extremely hot (almost 90C) and I got a DXGI for the first time in a long while, so I removed the cover and replaced the Thermal paste which had just about dried out to nothing after 3 years. Result 20 degrees C cooler and no DXGI since.

At the same time did the CPU and cleaned a blanket of hair (Dogs!) from the inside of the liquid cooler exhaust fans. Result 15 degrees cooler.

Not sure if DXGI could relate to excess heat or not but I feel happier now.😄

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Another shorter flight this morning. Madrid to Nice in the PMDG737. No DXGI errors. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 9/13/2021 at 2:12 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

and I flew around the world in the 737NGX.

….and I have had the same experience.   V4.5HF3 rock solid.  First time I ever saw a DXGI-Device Hung error was on my 2nd flight in v5HF2.  I was in the NGXu, in spot (outside) camera mode, flying over Oregon - Orbx True Earth.  Too much to ask of the system?  

Testing continues….

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

@joby33y, what setting do you have in NCP for Power Management Mode?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 9/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, Rogen said:

You don't delete the actual shaders or settings, just the shader cache.

The shader cache files are the compiled files based off the shaders themselves and will be added to as you fly.

I delete them from time to time anyway as many thousands will build up over time and are often the cause of unexpected crashes or CTDs.

For example atm my shader cache has 3887 files and that's only since the 2nd of September.

Cheers

Can you please remind me how to delete “shader cache” in P3Dv5.  Thank you. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Never had a problem with DXGI but I do have a problem I did a clean install of P3Dv5.2 and now I have high CPU usage and about 1 to 2% on GPU I am using the latest nvidia driver tried everything but no change and the GPU is running hot about 50 to 60 degrees before I re installed it it was running about 42 to 48 degrees any ideas anyone ?

@airservices, Hyperthreading on? Overclocked?

Post screenshots of your settings. Impossible to form an opinion without that info.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@airservices, Hyperthreading on? Overclocked?

Post screenshots of your settings. Impossible to form an opinion without that info.

Hyperthreading OFF NO overclock my specs are in my signature

46CARcC.png

s0vlSmB.png

oGuxhHT.png

qPRDsP0.png

@airservices, Target frame rate should be set to unlimited with VSync on. Lower Scenery Complexity and Autogen Buildings. Try EA off. It has a performance penalty.

If your monitor can run at 30Hz that will improve things greatly. Otherwise try Riva Tuner SS and set half refresh rate. Asking a 1070 to deliver 60fps is pushing it beyond what it’s capable of.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@airservices, Target frame rate should be set to unlimited with VSync on. Lower Scenery Complexity and Autogen Buildings. Try EA off. It has a performance penalty.

If your monitor can run at 30Hz that will improve things greatly. Otherwise try Riva Tuner SS and set half refresh rate. Asking a 1070 to deliver 60fps is pushing it beyond what it’s capable of.

Thanks Ray I have my monitor on 30HZ and frame rate set to 30 in NP I will have a go at the Riva Tuner SS and see how I go before I re installed P3Dv5.2 my CPU and GPU were balanced and I haven't changed any settings or added anymore scenery or aircraft I will try your idea and see how I go thanks

8 minutes ago, airservices said:

I have my monitor on 30HZ and frame rate set to 30 in NP I will have a go at the Riva Tuner SS and see how I go

In that case don’t worry about Riva Tuner and turn off 30 in NCP. You don’t need it. 30Hz will give you a definite improvement. Maybe reduce Texture Res down to High.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In that case don’t worry about Riva Tuner. You don’t need it. 30Hz will give you a definite improvement. Maybe reduce Texture Res down to High.

I have reduced things down this is what is showing in my task manager I don't know why my GPU is showing up like it is in the TM note the 3 different lines there never seen them before

oALbVCl.png

Edited by airservices

@airservices, the performance tab is more useful. CPU0 will hit 100% but only occasionally. Check GPU usage too. Anything close to 100% means GPU settings are too high.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather