Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Cannot launch the Sim because of XBox?

12 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

i had to launch xbox first and launch game from there, said i wasn't logged in. this is messed up

Same for me, but 15 minutes earlier that was specifically not working. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

To reiterate XBOX is the platform name Microsoft now gives to all games, both PC, XBOX console, phone and tablet. The XBOX servers being down means they are down for all system types.

CJ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

During the start, I get a warning that xbox cannot sign in into my account. What the heck is going on there?

What's going on is ....you are trying to just load the sim and fly a plane..something MSFS was never designed to do.😄

My issue may or may not be related. Since yesterday the sim wont launch. The Xbox app pops up saying I am logged in but MSFS keeps showing me a splash screen saying Press Any Key to Play. It just sits in an endless loop. I was one who had to install the Xbox app to be able to apply WU6. 

Any thoughts on what I can do?

2 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

To reiterate XBOX is the platform name Microsoft now gives to all games, both PC, XBOX console, phone and tablet. The XBOX servers being down means they are down for all system types.

For the record here I am 72 years old, and quite involved in my personal life's aspects.  That certainly includes sources for my enjoyed activities, the sources of the stability of my retirement, and my health.  I cannot recall one provider of subscription or support services that does not in advance advise its members/customers in advance of planned service interruptions, or in the event of unanticipated service interruptions, the notice of downtime and estimates of return to service.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

For the record here I am 72 years old, and quite involved in my personal life's aspects.  That certainly includes sources for my enjoyed activities, the sources of the stability of my retirement, and my health.  I cannot recall one provider of subscription or support services that does not in advance advise its members/customers in advance of planned service interruptions, or in the event of unanticipated service interruptions, the notice of downtime and estimates of return to service.

And MS provides exactly that... https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

1 minute ago, Sigwolf said:

Thank you for the link.  I am quite amused after watching this swirl around for five minutes without anything else loading.  Had some paperwork to complete so just let it go.  Five minutes was enough.  I then reloaded the page twice without any change in its behavior.  Reminded me a lot of what happened this afternoon....
image.png.32a37efb264639e2c5d4f03466809095.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Thank you for the link.  I am quite amused after watching this swirl around for five minutes without anything else loading.  Had some paperwork to complete so just let it go.  Five minutes was enough.  I then reloaded the page twice without any change in its behavior.  Reminded me a lot of what happened this afternoon....
image.png.32a37efb264639e2c5d4f03466809095.png

Link worked for me. Waited about 20sec to load. As an FYI Microsoft does not own the internet backbone.  Outages happen all the time for a variety of reasons which Microsoft has no control. While I don't know the circumstance on this outage they may have been in the dark just as everyone else and not unlike your local electricity supplier occasionally. Take a look at the current outages on the net. I do considerable work for Facebook and Microsoft Data centers and they rely on Telecoms to support their network also.

https://www.thousandeyes.com/outages/

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

49 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

OK. So if informed about a link like that a user can on initiative go there to check, again if aware of its existence.  Fine.  What I clearly referred to was a notice broadcast to users.  One ringy dingy.  That's a world different!  How about a greeting when launching that advises there is an outage and advice to try again x minutes later?.  That rather than we are unable to log you in.  How many others like myself went to the xBox site and/or started the xBox app and attempted to log in?  Again with no notice upon arriving of an outage. 

Defend their status quo as it stands today all you wish. Better is simple and replicated across many other venues.  There is no excuse of defense!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

OK. So if informed about a link like that a user can on initiative go there to check, again if aware of its existence.  Fine.  What I clearly referred to was a notice broadcast to users.  One ringy dingy.  That's a world different!  How about a greeting when launching that advises there is an outage and advice to try again x minutes later?.  That rather than we are unable to log you in.  How many others like myself went to the xBox site and/or started the xBox app and attempted to log in?  Again with no notice upon arriving of an outage. 

Defend their status quo as it stands today all you wish. Better is simple and replicated across many other venues.  There is no excuse of defense!

You're 72.  You've been alive before there was an internet.  Remember thirty years ago when there was no world wide web?  How easy and timely was support information then?  Occasionally now you have to do a quick internet search for the information you need.  Sometimes someone even provides you a link.  Rather than attack them, maybe realize that it is much easier than it used to be, so there is no need to always play the victim.

P.S. This is a complex operation, involving a lot of connected things beyond your own system.  Sometimes things go wrong.  You can rest assured there are people trying to correct that.  Nobody involved in this is happy with outages, but stuff does indeed happen.  Or move to a different platform, where you find the service is better.  Throwing a tantrum because there is a server issue isn't helping anyone.

Edited by Sigwolf

26 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

You're 72.  You've been alive before there was an internet.  Remember thirty years ago when there was no world wide web?  How easy and timely was support information then?  Occasionally now you have to do a quick internet search for the information you need.  Sometimes someone even provides you a link.  Rather than attack them, maybe realize that it is much easier than it used to be, so there is no need to always play the victim.

??????
I have a career that spanned three major corporations from 1974 to 2009 and timely and high quality customer service was a hallmark of all three.  Quality measured with what assets and capabilities were available at the time on a year-by-year basis and compared to then contemporary standards. 

Poor attention today to customer service and tardy contact/response given the more modern capabilities of today cannot be compared to performance based on earlier technology.  It is not about the technology at the time, yesterday or today.  It is about the applied customer facing values given the technology of the time.  To ignore what is easily available is the issue.  Some don't, some do!  Today was do.

Nice try.  No score! 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

??????
I have a career that spanned three major corporations from 1974 to 2009 and timely and high quality customer service was a hallmark of all three.  Quality measured with what assets and capabilities were available at the time on a year-by-year basis and compared to then contemporary standards. 

Poor attention today to customer service and tardy contact/response given the more modern capabilities of today cannot be compared to higher performance based on earlier technology.  It is not about the technology at the time, yesterday or today.  It is about the applied customer facing values given the technology of the time.

Nice try.  No score! 

Nice try for you... again, if this platform is not providing the service you feel you are due, you are free to choose another.  Congratulations on your stellar career.  Not sure it's directly relevant to a piece of entertainment software, but if you feel it is, more power to you.  No one is out to get you here, and no one involved in MSFS is actively trying to provide subpar service.  There are heck of a lot more involved parts in this system then there were with any software project from 1974 to 2009.  Things are evolving quickly, and this project is pretty cutting edge as far as entertainment projects go.  In several ways, Asobo has appeared to be in over their heads, but they are actively working to correct things, and have visibly brought in others to help where they have been deficient.

Just freaking relax, and stop expecting everything to be perfect yesterday, and you just may find there is an amazing piece of software in front of you.  Or... continue to be miserable and shout at the moon because it's not how you would have done it, or doesn't fit your standards of customer service.

31 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

Nice try for you... again, if this platform is not providing the service you feel you are due, you are free to choose another.

Which platform?  And why is that even important?

Understand that customer relations are based on conceived policy.  Technology only delivers policy!  It does not make policy!  Otherwise it may lead to artificial delivery and artificial customer service...

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

41 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

this project is pretty cutting edge as far as entertainment projects go.

Cutting edge?  Then why is it so lacking in multiple facets where flight simulation technology has for years been available?  Live weather, weather textures, avionics. ATC, ATIS, depth of systems in aircraft models?  It is quite a list.  And the list of "not planned"?  Don't know what else to say.  I enjoy the scenery tech. No question. But back to staying connected to customers.....  Real time!  Just push notifications to us.  How long has that tech been around?  2002?  Actually, the pre-internet Prodigy service (Google it) did that back in the mid 1990's.  So did Pointcast!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PointCast_(dotcom)

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS