Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

The oddest CTD ever!

I got a very odd problem! As soon as I press "FLY" MSFS CTD. I have tried  emptying community folder, load sim in safe mode, restart PC, change controls profile and etc. Basically I tried anything I could think of! However,  results is the same: MSFS loads fine but as soon as  I go fly "FLY" sim crashes.

Now the odd thing MSFS doesn't crash after pressing "FLY" with all aircraft. So far I found that PMDG DC-6  or H145 do not cause CTD. However, stock C-172, Bell 47H- Husky, Dimond all crash the moment I press "FLY".

Any thoughts will be appreciated ! Has anyone experienced anything like that?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I am not sure, but I have seen you promote that new "NX" gage thingy,  I understood this inserts in all the aircraft that use it, could that be an issue?  I really dont know, just spit balling here.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Did you pop you scenery cache file?

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

21 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I am not sure, but I have seen you promote that new "NX" gage thingy,  I understood this inserts in all the aircraft that use it, could that be an issue?  I really dont know, just spit balling here.

Yes it did cross my mind! I loaded "steam" 172 but it also CTD. Will try experimenting more, thanks for suggestion!

21 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Did you pop you scenery cache file?

bs

You mean delete it and rebuild it?

Did this start happening right after you ran the executable for that new R44 heli that you mentioned in another thread?

If so, that might be a good place to start.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just got a CTD @ FL440 in the Longitude 1/2 way between LGA and PBI. Everything was working well, smooth.... No good reason just boom CTD out of nowhere.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

4 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Did this start happening right after you ran the executable for that new R44 heli that you mentioned in another thread?

If so, that might be a good place to start.

I would say yes. However, when remove R44 it didn't change anything. Since I mostly flew DC-6 before H-145 it's hard to say whether sim worked before R44 or not

So as of right now I opted for a complete reinstall. 1% down 99% to go! Hopefully it sorts out things!😕

48 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I would say yes. However, when remove R44 it didn't change anything. Since I mostly flew DC-6 before H-145 it's hard to say whether sim worked before R44 or not

So as of right now I opted for a complete reinstall. 1% down 99% to go! Hopefully it sorts out things!😕

Had to do same thing after the last update got hung up... Pretty frustrating!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Hope you get sorted with the re-install. Maybe the .exe corrupted something but there are no reports of people encountering similar issues on the forums. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Hope you get sorted with the re-install. Maybe the .exe corrupted something but there are no reports of people encountering similar issues on the forums. 

Well, I'm stuck on asobo-flight-tutorialls-newlanding-0.1.15.fspackage which loops for the past several hours. I tried everything  I could find on internet to troubleshoot the problem and have already filed ticket with Asobo Not sure what to make of it. I have never had this problem reinstalling before 😞 

In addition, my Avidyne has booting problem and I have to  haul my airplane to avionic shop. It looks like a "fun" week LOL

If you know the place (folder) that looping file is being downloaded into, then what I would do is to sort the files in that folder by date and then find the one which completed right before the looping file. And delete or perhaps move that previous file to the desktop. And then retry the update.

This was suggested way back months ago and one time it worked for me when the same file was trying to complete being downloaded over and over for a long long time. It cured the problem for me instantly. And the rest of the update all came down fine after that.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

If you know the place (folder) that looping file is being downloaded into, then what I would do is to sort the files in that folder by date and then find the one which completed right before the looping file. And delete or perhaps move that previous file to the desktop. And then retry the update.

This was suggested way back months ago and one time it worked for me when the same file was trying to complete being downloaded over and over for a long long time. It cured the problem for me instantly. And the rest of the update all came down fine after that.

This is a good system and has worked for me in the past also.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

49 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

Does starting in safe mode alter the userconfig file? If not, could you have tried renaming it or moving it out of msfs?

This is a good idea. 

I had instant CTD when pressing Fly button if I had set my LOD too high in the UserCfg.opt file. I've not gotten that bug lately, but it's worth a try.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s