Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Beechcraft Debonair 35 on Simmarket

The Rotating Beacons are such a great touch! I sure wish more developers used them on aircrafts that actually had them instead of just a boring default light.

However, the beacons are almost invisible at day and night. Once those get touched up on I think we will have ourselves a real winner!

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

Latest update 1.04

Changes:

Beacon lights glow, intensity and angle

Rear window geometry

Vertical stabilizer geometry

Ehxaust Gas Temperature

Engine mechanical efficiency

Normal map (vertical stabilizer corrugation has been removed)

• Like 1

Wow! This thing is getting more and more irresistible by the day. Well done dev! Time to get it me thinks. 

The plane is visually great, also flies great, but has too much power compared to the POH. Try to slow it down when you are descending 500 feet per minute and not exceeding 15HG.

From POH (alt 4000 ft):
75% power: 22.8Hg, 2450rpm, KTS: 154
65% power: 20.8Hg, 2450rpm, KTS: 145
55% power: 19.8Hg, 2300rpm, KTS: 134

With 75% power settings, the plane does overspeed. The EGT indicator also does not work after the latest update.

Having trouble starting this aircraft from cold and dark. I’ve followed the checklist provided, but I end up using Ctl-E. Any suggestions? Other than that I’m satisfied with this model.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, baarteek9 said:

The plane is visually great, also flies great, but has too much power compared to the POH. Try to slow it down when you are descending 500 feet per minute and not exceeding 15HG.

From POH (alt 4000 ft):
75% power: 22.8Hg, 2450rpm, KTS: 154
65% power: 20.8Hg, 2450rpm, KTS: 145
55% power: 19.8Hg, 2300rpm, KTS: 134

With 75% power settings, the plane does overspeed. The EGT indicator also does not work after the latest update.

Too much power??  Try filling up the tanks to the limit just before being overweight and then go take off at a shorter airstrip with trees at the end.  lol  I heard my gear scrape through the trees one time.

LouP

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LouP said:

Too much power??  Try filling up the tanks to the limit just before being overweight and then go take off at a shorter airstrip with trees at the end.  lol  I heard my gear scrape through the trees one time.

LouP

The most recent update has dropped the engine output substantially.

Before that it was definitely over-powered.

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

The most recent update has dropped the engine output substantially.

Before that it was definitely over-powered.

I's 1.04 still the latest update?  I noticed the current .exe on Simmarket no longer shows the version number.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Latest version is 1.0.5

I believe for this updat you need to remove the old version and rerun the .exe to reinstall from scratch rather than installing a patch file over the top.

• Upvote 1

I'm seeing version 1.1.0 when I hover over the install file with the mouse.

LouP

On 10/18/2021 at 11:05 PM, LouP said:

I'm seeing version 1.1.0 when I hover over the install file with the mouse.

LouP

1.1.0 looks to be the version of the installer program. According to the manifest.json file the version of the plane it installs is still 1.0.5

There's a small v1.0.6 update now available on SimMarket, Looking at it you'll need to have upgraded to 1.0.5 with the full installation .exe (which is available for download as well) before applying it

According to the ReadMe file

Fixes:
Instrument glass blurry
Beacon lights not showing