Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Beechcraft Debonair 35 on Simmarket

1 hour ago, Todd2 said:

Everything feels really top notch to me.  Textures I think are as good as it gets.  I'm not really one to answer about flight dynamics but it "feels right".

In the video above, there is very noticeable prop blur... is that true when you fly it, as well?

Bert

10 minutes ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Somebody posted screenshots on the MSFS forums and a mini-review. Looks like there’s a scaling issue as the model is hilariously BIG (bigger than the Islander, looks like). 

Yup, that's correct, it is oversized, compare the size of the pilot to the aeroplane on this screenshot, then look at the pic of the real thing below:

LZM8EfI.png

K6Y2VRT5AIJWACSWAA4JWFRSIM.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, that's correct, it is oversized, compare the size of the pilot to the aeroplane on this screenshot, then look at the pic of the real thing below:

LZM8EfI.png

K6Y2VRT5AIJWACSWAA4JWFRSIM.jpg

Looks like a kid in that plane, lol! Hopefully just a simple scaling issue that can be fixed quickly.

Here is is next to a properly-scaled Bonanza in the sim. I estimate it to be about 20-25 percent oversized:

bqwEKFu.png

BSGtTLn.png

So apart from the pilot looking too small, it's not really the end of the world, particularly when viewed in isolation. Hopefully the developer will fire up Blender, hit Control+A, Group the bits, scale it down a bit and re-upload it. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Just bought this bird and it's hangered for now until some updates are release.  Don't get me wrong it has great potential if the developers take care of the issues reported.  Here's what I found on top of what's already been said:

1. Prop looks terrible.  The prop animation needs work

2. Plan uses the default G36 sounds which at first for me isn't a problem but after flying around this is an older bird and it shouldn't sound like a new G36

3. Knob issues like the parking brake handle operates in reverse

4. Taxi lights don't work and the landing lights (cockpit lighting in general) needs to be improved

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

1. Prop looks terrible.  The prop animation needs work

2. Plan uses the default G36 sounds which at first for me isn't a problem but after flying around this is an older bird and it shouldn't sound like a new G36

3. Knob issues like the parking brake handle operates in reverse

4. Taxi lights don't work and the landing lights (cockpit lighting in general) needs to be improved

Yup, agree the prop animation could do with a bit of work, the rotating spinner looks like it's gonna fly off at any moment and the prop is a bit intrusive from the VC. The use of the G36 sounds is acceptable given Model 35-C33 Debonairs and Bonanza G36s actually use the same Continental IO-520 engine, and even when 33/36 Bonanza variants don't share the exact same engine model, they pretty much all use flat six Continental engines which sound broadly similar anyway. The taxi light does work, it is augmented with the landing light switch, but if you kill the landing lights, the taxi light switch operates that light independently.

On the plus side, it flies well, looks very good indeed, has good lighting in the cockpit and has no issues with long-range use in the sim - I flew it from Manchester to the west coast of France with no issues, and it works okay with the Saitek/Logitek hardware autopilot and Saitek throttle/mix/prop lever. Avionics work well and the option to have a PFD instead of a traditional AH is a nice touch. Worth noting too is that all the circuit breakers work in the cockpit.

If they tweak the scaling (not that even this bothers me too much) and sort out the prop animation a bit, it would be difficult to find much to complain about in the grand scheme of things.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Here is is next to a properly-scaled Bonanza in the sim. I estimate it to be about 20-25 percent oversized:

So apart from the pilot looking too small, it's not really the end of the world, particularly when viewed in isolation. Hopefully the developer will fire up Blender, hit Control+A, Group the bits, scale it down a bit and re-upload it. 🤣

Lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, agree the prop animation could do with a bit of work, the rotating spinner looks like it's gonna fly off at any moment and the prop is a bit intrusive from the VC. The use of the G36 sounds is acceptable given Model 35-C33 Debonairs and Bonanza G36s actually use the same Continental IO-520 engine, and even when 33/36 Bonanza variants don't share the exact same engine model, they pretty much all use flat six Continental engines which sound broadly similar anyway. The taxi light does work, it is augmented with the landing light switch, but if you kill the landing lights, the taxi light switch operates that light independently.

On the plus side, it flies well, looks very good indeed, has good lighting in the cockpit and has no issues with long-range use in the sim - I flew it from Manchester to the west coast of France with no issues, and it works okay with the Saitek/Logitek hardware autopilot and Saitek throttle/mix/prop lever. Avionics work well and the option to have a PFD instead of a traditional AH is a nice touch. Worth noting too is that all the circuit breakers work in the cockpit.

If they tweak the scaling (not that even this bothers me too much) and sort out the prop animation a bit, it would be difficult to find much to complain about in the grand scheme of things.

Hey Chock what ever happened to that review you were going to do for the GeeBee R3? 🙂

Concerning Debonair, the cockpit windows to me need some texturing.  In the cockpit it almost feels like there's no glass in the window frames.  Maybe it's just me...:kopi:

FS2020 

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Hey Chock what ever happened to that review you were going to do for the GeeBee R3? 

Never said I was going to review that thing: Since I invariably have to buy most things I review, it can get expensive and so I tend to review things I like, and that thing is fugly, plus it's not a replication of a real-world production aeroplane either, which is another aspect that makes it lack appeal for me personally.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

4 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Yeah, never saw this coming...a single with over 1000nm range? Yes, please!

Better bring along one of those Little John thingies then.  heh.

I was going to post the link at Sport's Pilot Shop but...it was a long link.

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Never said I was going to review that thing: Since I invariably have to buy most things I review, it can get expensive and so I tend to review things I like, and that thing is fugly, plus it's not a replication of a real-world production aeroplane either, which is another aspect that makes it lack appeal for me personally.

Sorry got you mixed up with someone else who said they'd review that bird.  As far as you are concerned I'm awaiting your review of the AH Spitfire.

FS2020 

For those of you who like old-time country music: It was a Beechcraft Debonair 35 that Jim Reeves was piloting when he crashed and died near the Nashville airport on July 31, 1964.

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

• Like 10

Alan Bradbury