Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Running Proccesses

I have MSFS 2020 setup running successfully for some time

Suddenly thi message has appeared 

Warning: A running process may be interfering with the correct operation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.This may be caused by antivirus software,malware etc or other active processes on your PC. Visit Zendesk…….

Simulator loads right to start page but this message when acknowledged returns to star up procedure

Repair and Reset in App Settings make no difference 

Next step is uninstall and reinstall-will this make any difference?

Any help anyone could give me?

xxd09

Why not consult Zendesk? You might be pleasantly surprised and save time and frustrations.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Did try but couldn’t find any relevant advice

I feeling a uninstall and reinstall won’t help-wipe and reformat and reinstall Windows?

xxd09

Try to exclude msfs folder and flightsimulator.exe in your antivirus software from scans. 

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Since yesterday, I have been having same problem.

Tried all suggestion with the AV, reinstalled MSFS 2020 ( took hours) and the result still the same. Don't know what to do next.

I posted message on Microsoft forum , no reply from Zendesk

1 hour ago, xxd09 said:

I have MSFS 2020 setup running successfully for some time

Suddenly thi message has appeared 

Warning: A running process may be interfering with the correct operation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.This may be caused by antivirus software,malware etc or other active processes on your PC. Visit Zendesk…….

Simulator loads right to start page but this message when acknowledged returns to star up procedure

Repair and Reset in App Settings make no difference 

Next step is uninstall and reinstall-will this make any difference?

Any help anyone could give me?

xxd09

I had this too when a had the Asus GPU tweak app on screen and starting MSFS. Minimizing the app got rid of the message.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Done this-thanks for advice 

Trying to detect a background running process that interferes with MSFS 2020 when all has been good strikes me as an amateur like looking for needle in a haystack!

Heading for a total wipe and reformat and clean Win 10 reinstall the new msfs2020 reinstall 

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Wood4591 said:

I posted message on Microsoft forum , no reply from Zendesk

You need to send a ticket to ZD, posting on the MS forum is not  enough. They have a form to fill. 

Besides and like the OP, if you want help, you should give more details : what AV ? Any change to the computer (eg drivers, plugin hardware, new game or software  etc.) just before the message ? Any malware cleaning  ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks Dominique

I sent a ticket to Zendesk.

My AV is MacAfee, I did not install any software before the message, no drivers update ( using NVIDIA latest driver). So no change to the PC on Monday or on Tuesday.

I used MSFS 2020 before yesterday, all was fine. Tried to use it yesterday, and this message appeared.

I emptied all the community folder, reinstalled MSFS 2020 and problem persists.

Today, I used MacAfee scan for any virus but it was clean.

I don't really want to format my drive. Don't know what to do next ?

54 minutes ago, Wood4591 said:

Thanks Dominique

I sent a ticket to Zendesk.

My AV is MacAfee, I did not install any software before the message, no drivers update ( using NVIDIA latest driver). So no change to the PC on Monday or on Tuesday.

I used MSFS 2020 before yesterday, all was fine. Tried to use it yesterday, and this message appeared.

I emptied all the community folder, reinstalled MSFS 2020 and problem persists.

Today, I used MacAfee scan for any virus but it was clean.

I don't really want to format my drive. Don't know what to do next ?

Over the years I have seen some users having this problem with games. They were generally related to the AV.

I suspect that a MacAfee update of its core or the virus library is at play. I would try :

1/ to put the MS folder in the MacAfee exception list (I suppose it has one)

2/ If that doesn't work I would try to completely deactivate MacAfee from the computer to check.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don’t use MacAfee

Computer in for wipe,reformat and reinstall Win 10

Then clean install of MSFS 2020

Off we go again!

Usd to do this on a regular basis with P3D/XPlane but seems to be happening more often with me with Microsoft 

Such a  good program doing so much -too much?

xxd09

Hi xxd09

Have you managed to get it to work ?

I am still getting the same error message.

thanks

Why does people still using third party Virus protection in 2021? isn't Win Defender good enough?

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Why does people still using third party Virus protection in 2021? isn't Win Defender good enough?

Win Defender is better than nothing, but not much. I use Webroot which is one of the best for flight sims. No crazy warnings, no need to exclude files, no viruses or malware, never has caused me a problem in many years of simming. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Its been man many years that I do not use third party AV, so far I haven't had any problems with viruses/trojans. As far as I'm concerned, Windows AV does a good job 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo