Sign in to follow this  
enright

Things to Look Forward To

I am looking forward mostly to the aledgedly 'impressive' update to the weather we've heard mostly rumors about.  I would guess that will be after DX-12, so sometime in 2022.  For immediate attention I'm hoping they improve ATC significantly and continue improving the capabilities in the SDK as I really am hope FSCaptain can come to MSFS.  PMDG NG3 for sure.  I'm still nagging them about the microstutter associated w/ the console logger, as well as the ATC associated stutter, which there is a mod for, but then you lose all but the last 4 lines of ATC communcations.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The recently announced iniSimulations A310-300 is also targeted for Q4 2021, I believe. I’m looking forward to that one. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:03 AM, fakeflyer737 said:

I just have a feeling we aren't going to get the PMDG 737 unti 2022.

Me too !!

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

--Career mode

-More cloud variety and resolution

-New Road + Road traffic Next Gen + Vehicle variety ( I feel like it's completely empty of life under my feet )

-Local AI traffic for each small airport and grass strip with Touch and Go. Small aircraft ,ultra light , hot air balloon, Paramotor etc ( I feel like it's completely empty also )

-Very subtle change in sky color relative to location, time, season, and weather. ( Every flight must be different ) .Not every time the red sky at sunset...

-Different country architecture house and building and color  ( Each country must be different and every region of the country as well). For example in Brittany the houses are white with black roofs .Why you don't sell like a "package."

IrWcxwh.jpg

-Static element, farm animals and agricultural equipment in the fields, rolls of straw etc. The countryside is empty.

@ASOBO this is what we need besides the rest:

Llife - Variety visual - Goal - Surprise .

• Like 4

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Looking forward to having the bugs sorted out. Too many to list. The patchwork terrain supplied from bing maps is also an immersion killer for me. Likewise the burnt in terrain shadows although I reckon that one is probably very tricky to fix.

Not really interested in the addon airports as I like to fly in a variety of places and don't tend to notice much apart from at the gates or general aviation parking. The two place I fly regularly are the swiss alps and Papua New Guinea. I already have Sion payware so Perhaps a Decent Goroka airport would be good. (point me in the right direction if it's already available🙂).(EDIT: scratch that. Just found one although I don't know how decent it is yet)

Decent traffic at the airports is a priority IMO.

So many (majority) of the Papua airstrips are unusable do to large trees cluttering the ends of the runways. If Asobo sort that out I'd be pleased. Belly flopped stall landings seems to be the only current solution but then I can't climb out due to trees.......not real. I assume this is an issue elsewhere? It was an issue in FSX also and there was a mod available for sorting it out (if memory serves).

Very much looking forward to the Twotter and the DC-3. I look every day to see if there is progress......can't wait for those two.

The second biggest priority after the bugs is  the ability to record flights. The lack of record/playback functionality in MSFS was a real disappointment. The enjoyment from replaying those tricky landings was a big part of the thrill in FSX. It makes making videos a whole lot easier too. Better and easier camera manipulation is a must for me.

Edited by GaryK

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

2 hours ago, filou said:

-More cloud variety and resolution

I can only agree with that! 

@Asobo: Please give us realistic cirrus clouds with one of the future updates.

Patric

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filou said:

--Career mode

What career mode? 🤔

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, GaryK said:

The second biggest priority after the bugs is  the ability to record flights. The lack of record/playback functionality in MSFS was a real disappointment. The enjoyment from replaying those tricky landings was a big part of the thrill in FSX. It makes making videos a whole lot easier too. Better and easier camera manipulation is a must for me.

Totally agree with this. Considering the sim is such a visual masterpiece, it's surprising this wasn't a core feature from day one. Replaying an event and watching it from different angles to determine what went right / wrong is as fundamental as the physics model IMHO. I also miss the "fly by" view - it will be a stunning effect if/when they implement it. 

1 hour ago, enright said:

Totally agree with this. Considering the sim is such a visual masterpiece, it's surprising this wasn't a core feature from day one. Replaying an event and watching it from different angles to determine what went right / wrong is as fundamental as the physics model IMHO. I also miss the "fly by" view - it will be a stunning effect if/when they implement it. 

They decided to aim for visual masterpiece above all else, and this I believe may have been driven by their stated plan to release MSFS on Xbox.  In order to attract as many new users of MSFS via Xbox they needed to make it as visually compelling as they have.  The ability to show a fly-by or replay isn't necessarily even known to the most naïve new simmers on Xbox.  I think they also predict a certain percentage of those new simmers on Xbox will move over to PC, and a few the other direction as well probably  So this only helps sustain their ability to support both platforms by getting and keeping new users.  As they have the visual engine as good as it is, always with room for improvement but with excellent performance on a wide array of systems including Xbox,. it's time to focus on those other details, and I believe that is exactly what they are doing.  In fact their stated next sim update addresses a vast array of other details, and there will be more optimization to come.  These are massive steps including continuing to pump out scenery enhancements thru World Updates.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X