Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Flight loads to 100% and hangs indefinitely

10 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

So seems I can't load in anywhere now or at least places I want to fly, EGLL last night, tonight EGCC, night before that EGKK.  Emptied community folder (using add on linker), renamed context.xml blah blah blah.  Really getting hacked off and might delete the whole lot and pickup my Switch!  Grrr.......

Try changing "Off-Screen Pre-Casching" to "High" instead of "Ultra" and then load into your flight. That seems to work for me most of the time. You can change it back to "Ultra" once you're in the airplane. 

Former Child, Current Adult

3 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Try changing "Off-Screen Pre-Casching" to "High" instead of "Ultra" and then load into your flight. That seems to work for me most of the time. You can change it back to "Ultra" once you're in the airplane. 

Thanks but High is the setting I have for that...

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, sidfadc said:

Thanks but High is the setting I have for that...

Hmmm...maybe try a lower setting then? I'm hoping SU7 helps some with this issue but who knows. Definitely my biggest drip with the sim right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

So seems I can't load in anywhere now or at least places I want to fly, EGLL last night, tonight EGCC, night before that EGKK.  Emptied community folder (using add on linker), renamed context.xml blah blah blah.  Really getting hacked off and might delete the whole lot and pickup my Switch!  Grrr.......

If the easy workarounds don't kick it anymore, the next level would be disabling Online Functionality before loading a flight (and enabling again when the flight loaded).  If that doesn't help either, would you mind doing me (well, us) a favor and try to start FS and the same flight while your computer is offline?  Your feedback whether or not that works would help making a meaningful bug report.

If you're confident enough to use Notepad++ to edit config.xml (that won't work with regular Notepad) you can disable some or most of your payware airports by setting their entries in config.xml from "true" to "false".  My recent experience is that single, very distant airports can make the situation much worse. 

42 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

I'm hoping SU7 helps some

Me too, hence I'll let my bug identification efforts fizzle out until Thursday.  I'm pretty confident that SU7 will change the situation. Unfortunately, due to the lack of feedback from Asobo I don't expect the problem to be fixed tho, just shifted once again like it was shifted to a slightly different manifestation from SU5 to SU6. As per usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Captain Nuts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

Me too, hence I'll let my bug identification efforts fizzle out until Thursday.  I'm pretty confident that SU7 will change the situation. Unfortunately, due to the lack of feedback from Asobo I don't expect the problem to be fixed tho, just shifted once again like it was shifted to a slightly different manifestation from SU5 to SU6. As per usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Me too. It's kind of bizarre that there has been no acknowledgement from Asobo, even if they are unable to replicate it on their end. Oh well. I've kinda given up trying to solve it for now too, I usually get it to work after a reload or two so eh. Here's to hoping SU7 makes a positive difference! 

I was dabbling with something else and had to reload EDDV multiple times, when the "totally effed up state" I wanted to get back yesterday returned with the expected delay.  I couldn't load into EDDV no matter what. This finally gave me an opportunity to test a theory: 

When I make the problem so severe that multiple airports are affected on my machine, editing config.xml to disable all additional Deluxe and Premium Deluxe airports (and keeping all the 3rd-party stuff in that I installed to aggravate the issue ) fixes the problem as well.  I believe that - particularly in context with all the other strong indications - this should be proof enough that the origin/make/model of the airports is absolutely not a factor in this issue, only their amount and constellation. 

The theory is that the Premium Deluxe version comes with a number of "official add-ons" making it  likely more prone to have this problem, and the additional "bespoke" airports that came with the World Updates may contribute to that too.

Edited by Captain Nuts

22 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This. Don't worry be happy.

i always try to worry and to be happy at the same time 😀

Spoiler

My vanilla install is hanging on flight loading to the 80% point. Went to bed and the flight loaded at some point. I tried clicking on the toolbar and click ponts were now a bit lower than you would normally put the cursor. Anyway, now I clicked to let AI fly but nothing happens and it is in hang up again. I noticed in task manager that power usage was very high. I have no issues like this in other games. Totally clueless. I also deleted all content and have a Core only install with no change. 

15 hours ago, liamp51 said:

Here's to hoping SU7 makes a positive difference! 

There are recent news indicating that it will! 🙂 🍻

Edited by Captain Nuts

3 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

There are recent news indicating that it will! 🙂 🍻

Really? What did you hear? 😮

Holy hallelujah this issue has been plaguing me for a couple of weeks.  Over last few days I have run and documented 7 tests including a number  of different factors like loading vanilla, with addons without addons and it’s so inconsistent there is literally no pattern to it.  Defo a system bug and glad it see its mention in release notes of the next patch!!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

This just makes me even more glad Asobo is taking December to do general bug fixing. 

I get this exact thing as well, need to ctrl+alt+del and end program, restart computer and try again, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.