Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Flight loads to 100% and hangs indefinitely

Hey all,

Just trying to figure out if anybody else is having this same issue after SU6: You go to load a flight from a 3rd party airport (let's take LEBL from LVFR for example), the loading bar jumps to about 50 to 60% very quickly, then SLOWLY moves to 100% and then hangs there forever. The sim never becomes unresponsive in the task manager, the GPU is still whirring away but it never loads into the flight. Asobo hand crafted airports seem to load in fine, and certain Orbx airports also seem to be fine. I have heard the the REX airport textures could be at fault, but I haven't gotten a chance to look into this yet. 

spacer.png

Anybody else experiencing this? Just trying to brainstorm solutions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Former Child, Current Adult

As others are aware - I've been having this problem months before and now after SU6.  No idea what's causing it.

I had this happen last night i rebooted MSFS and it loaded right the second.

• Upvote 1

In my case it freezes in task manager.  All airports are affected.  Rebooting doesn't solver the problem, nor has 2 very long reinstallations helped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazydog said:

I get to exactly the same level of load as your picture.

Interesting. This is a new one for me. Do you have any 3rd party airport textures installed? 

Same here - trying to load into Maccosim EGBB using FBW A320.  Progress bar at 100% and nothing.  Funny thing is I don't recall the bar ever getting to 100% before, sure the sim loaded in before that.

Although I have just turned off (not deleted) the rolling cache before I loaded up - maybe this is the reason?  I did quick test flight yesterday, rolling cache ON and had no loading issues.  Its still stuck at 100% but the text across the bottom of the screen like "did you know flybywire is named after.." etc is still moving along which leads me to think the sim hasn't crashed per se.  I'm going to leave it for a bit longer see if it does finally load in.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Same here. I have it on some airports. Same configuration and aircraftopens at another airport. This is my experience after SU6.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

5 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Same here - trying to load into Maccosim EGBB using FBW A320.  Progress bar at 100% and nothing.  Funny thing is I don't recall the bar ever getting to 100% before, sure the sim loaded in before that.

Although I have just turned off (not deleted) the rolling cache before I loaded up - maybe this is the reason?  I did quick test flight yesterday, rolling cache ON and had no loading issues.  Its still stuck at 100% but the text across the bottom of the screen like "did you know flybywire is named after.." etc is still moving along which leads me to think the sim hasn't crashed per se.  I'm going to leave it for a bit longer see if it does finally load in.

Yup that is the exact same issue I'm having. I have also turned off my Rolling Casche. The aircraft also doesn't seem to matter as I have the same issue with the default King Air 350i. Very odd. I had this issue a long time ago and I can't remember how I was able to solve it. Very frustrating. 

Same issue here. Weirdly, I can end MSFS and try again with no changes and it will work so definitely inconsistent but only just happening for me last night after SU6.

Edited by Donka
Typo
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB, Win 10. MSFS2020 & XP11. Fulcrum, VKB & Virpil controllers.

13 minutes ago, Donka said:

Same issue here. Weirdly, I can end MSFS and try again with no changes and it will work so definitely consistent but only just happening for me last night after SU6.

Initially I thought it was just a server issue, but it's definitely something deeper. I might try to uninstall and reinstall all my Orbx/Contrail addons and see what happens. Uuugh...

4 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I was able to load into Maccosim EGBB earlier today but it still suffers from the drooping jetway syndrome. However I couldn't load into Drzewieckidesign's Narita last night. That airport also suffers from strange jetway behavior since SU5 where the very last articulated piece has some random orientation.

Yep.. happened to me twice now ..each time it is at a 3rd party airport...KSAN or Shenzhen . Each time have to use task manager to abort. Restart all over again and they work fine!!!

Edited by ray hughes
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

I was able to load into Maccosim EGBB earlier today but it still suffers from the drooping jetway syndrome. However I couldn't load into Drzewieckidesign's Narita last night. That airport also suffers from strange jetway behavior since SU5 where the very last articulated piece has some random orientation.

Just updated to version 1.0.0 of EGBB and jetways are fixed. Good job Maccosim !

I had this happen twice in a row. I then disabled my freeware airports with the addon linker tool and the flight started right up. There must be a conflict now with one of those freeware airports. All of my payware airports are installed directly in the community folder so it had to be a freeware item causing the issue.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot