Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Flight loads to 100% and hangs indefinitely

Thanks for the link, irocx!  Quite possible that DRM is a factor in this in some way or other, or the sim is interfering with DRM....

I also have news from the "weird fixes" department: Since some reported that turning down graphics settings a notch before loading a flight temporarily fixes the issue for them (just as weird and seemingly unrelated as my "multiplayer" and all the other tricks) I was thinking about what parameter exactly might be responsible for that and my first suspect was the new "Off-screen terrain precaching" doodah, which many of us have happily set to "ultra" after it came in WU6. I turned that down one notch to "high" and Bingo! it loads quite consistently so  the "multiplayer" workaround may not be necessary anymore.  However, installing that EDER airfield again yields the old behavior, affecting 2 payware airports in 220 and 300+km distance, so this not an universal fix either.  But maybe it works for me, for the time being that is! :)

• Like 2

I usually fly in Argentina, specially Buenos Aires city, as I got a very detailed fhotogrametry scenery which worked OK  until SU6 came, and from then I couldnt use it any more. So I had to revert to the default city scenery.- I tried several fixes without success until I read the last post at this thread, and tried lowering Off-screen terrain precaching from Ultra to Low, and that was the fix, now I can run that scenery without problems, and dont see any graphical degradation after the setting change.-

• Like 1

It's still random for me. Flew out of LFPG for the last couple nights. First night long loading time (about 25mins) to be able to fly. Second night, the same on the first flight. Later I flew again and that one loaded up quick. 

James

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

It's still random for me. Flew out of LFPG for the last couple nights. First night long loading time (about 25mins) to be able to fly. Second night, the same on the first flight. Later I flew again and that one loaded up quick. 

I find if it gets to the end of the loading bar and doesn't load, there is no point in waiting. I just end MSFS and restart again and it normally loads the flight fine on subsequent attempts without the long loads.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

6 hours ago, Donka said:

I find if it gets to the end of the loading bar and doesn't load, there is no point in waiting. I just end MSFS and restart again and it normally loads the flight fine on subsequent attempts without the long loads.

Once it gets to the end of the loading bar there's still a long wait when it's acting up. I try not to task manager quit if I can. Also, having the steam version I sometimes find after shutting MSFS down a steam window telling me MSFS is a not shut down and I have to do a system restart or completely exit Steam and restart it to launch MSFS again. Doing the later will then popup a message about my Logitech plugin already being loaded and my panels will not work when MSFS does start. So anytime I'm forced to exit MSFS I'll usually shut down the PC and reboot before subsequent MSFS use.

James

On 10/24/2021 at 8:51 AM, liamp51 said:

Pasting my response from the main FS forums:

So I think I MIGHT’VE figured out what might be at play: As someone else above mentioned, this seems to be a server/connection issue. When a flight loads in correctly, the network usage by the sim will spike a lot and will rarely drop below 1Mbit/s. When the flight loads forever, the network usage drops to 0.1Mbit/s or MAYBE 0.2. This would also explain why it seems to happen at random, and nothing else fixes it. Even disabling online services might not necessarily work without a clean shutdown and system reboot. Changing the LOD settings also might not make a difference because even with LOD 10 the sim is still trying to download a decent amount of data, at least in complex areas like NYC/LA. Testing will continue…

spacer.png

You're definitely on to something here. 

I've had this problem for a few days now, and if it hangs showing exactly the same conditions as yours and I turn off the router, it WILL give up after a minute or so and load into the sim correctly, albeit in offline mode. 

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

I followed this over off of the official forums and haven't had a problem since. Don't know if it completely fixed the issue, but so far since Friday I haven't had the problem.

581008c930622c106439420874494f13bcba8375

My location was a little different than what they stated. I have Steam and found the content.xml at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator and scenery files in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes. The rolling cache file you should have the location from the settings menu inside the sim for it (I manually deleted the rolling cache file, not through the sim).

I don't know if this completely fixed the issues as it happened randomly, but I've been loading fine since Friday night after doing this.

Edited by Phantoms

James

These troubleshooting steps assume that some kind of "muck" must have gotten stuck in these files and while that is certainly possible, it has nothing to do with this bug.  I'm crossing my fingers that it works for you but I've had my own share of "fixes" that turned out to work for at most 2 days or so and I'm not the only one who happily reported success only to take it back later.

I think most of the affected users have gone through (and will go through) all of these tips.  I know I have done all of these things and deleting Content.xml works for one session (if you do that for the second time, it just recreates the very same content.xml to make it work once again, next time you start that new content.xml isn't good enough anymore it has to be deleted again and an identical one will be created again... as if that isn't buggy behavior enough), deleting the scenery indexes doesn't do anything at all and deleting the rolling cache - I accidentally had that still turned off from the SU6 install when the problem came up for the first time and used the opportunity to check if playing with that (on/off/different sizes) has any influence and it doesn't.

I have one ridiculous tweak (turning down Off-creen precaching blah) that currently restores the usability of my 4 payware airports consistently so I can live with that but only works until I add another airport.  Since any freeware or payware DLC intensifies the problem I can't buy DLC anymore and I cannot recommend buying any DLC because that could mean you paid for breaking your sim and it's not the DLC provider's fault.

Like I wrote in the other forum - if my observations are correct - this bug potentially renders all DLC incompatible with all other DLC and the host, highly depending on location and totally not depending on the make/model/size of the DLC, and TBH I have no high hopes that this will be understood and acknowledged anytime soon, not to mention fixed*, because this is effing hard to reproduce particularly if you are a dev with about zero time to fuss around with this with nnnn times 3 minutes reloading time until you found the one spot among 40,000 airports where it starts breaking.

*Edit: Contributing to this might be that there's at least one workaround that seems to work reliably, that is turning off online functionality before loading a flight, then turning it back on, and such a workaround automatically drops the priority of a bug by at least one half..

Edited by Captain Nuts

Captian, you may have a similar but different issue. My issue wasn't with payware airports. In fact, it wasn't limited to certain airports at all. It happened randomly at random airports. I don't know if it's fixed my issue for good or not, but here's hoping. I was just reposting a solution that came from MSFS support in hopes that it may help some. It may not work or may only be temporary, but until there's an official fix that's all we can do.

James

I could not find any threads similar to this one on the MSFS official forum. Except a short old one way back in early Sept. Seems strange there are none there after SU6 but one here. Maybe there is a thread there, and I just don't see it.

I don't have this issue at all, it has never happened to me ever.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

19 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I could not find any threads similar to this one on the MSFS official forum.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/after-su6-you-cannot-enter-into-some-airports-the-sim-never-ends-loading-the-flight/465681

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/forever-loading-issue-after-sim-update-6/464695

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/post-su6-update-flight-blue-progress-bar-loads-to-100-but-flight-wont-start/464179

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/is-anyone-being-unable-to-load-sceneries-after-su6/464411

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-hangs-at-100-loading-indefinitely/463778

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/loading-flight-stuck-at-50-to-60-online-functionality/464456

Is that enough threads? 🙂  And that's just the threads about the recent manifestation with the host process not stopping to respond, there was a similar issue before (with an actual hanging process stopping the loading) with a lot more threads about that. Their attempt at fixing that one may or may not have caused the new one.

Edited by Captain Nuts
  • Like 2

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Count me in on this.... Im trying to fix this since 3 days now, surely 5h per day. And it starts to really annoy me.

I have this problem at every bigger payware airport. Couldnt find one common factor yet.

The ones i have tried are:

- Simwings EDDH
- Simwings EDDM
- AS EDDK
- LatinVFR LEMD
- Gaya LOWW
- JustSim EFHK
- AS EDDB

None of em works. Its the same for each of them, the loading gets stuck at 100%. THis cant be very long. I see in my log that i started from those airports some weeks ago and cant remember these problems too. Well, i can remember them but that was with an earlier WU. It worked at least in mid September for me. Also, JustSim EFHK isnt even out very long and i started there at least twice before. Now its no way to load in, in no plane.

I have none of those sceneries from marketplace, they are all from Contrail or ORBX, Simmarket etc.

Ive done every single step that was mentioned in any of the dozens of posts about this problem, nothing works.

Deleted content.xml, all caches, sceneryDat files, empty community folder, lower settings and what all there is, it wont work. Also closing the sim with taskmanager and load back in wont work. It will be stuck at 100% for 100% of cases.

Seems i can fly to those airports though. Example LOWW, i cannot start there but im able to fly there.

Btw, this problem is not related to that in the link last page. They talk about MS Marketplace Addons. I have this with non-marketplace items.

No idea anymore....i will try a few more things to find a common factor.

Atm it seems all of them lie beneath Photogrammetry cities. And all of them have a CGL file. Also (i think) all of them have a big filesize (~3GB). But i could be wrong, i didnt look yet to each of them but its true for at least half of em.

But i also have a lot that do work. ORBX Sweden Airports for example, like ESMS, ENTO etc. Or Asobo EDDS, or even freeware Aerosoft EDLP Paderborn. They work.

Ive made myself an airport for flightsim.to, that has cgl file too and there is no problem at all. Not sure whats going on.....

Edited by Senchai

BetaTeamB.png

So..... i had do deinstall everything (addons i mean). Completely. What means in some cases of the planes also delete things out of LocalState\packages. 
Then i deleted content.xml again and cache and only installed EDDK (this is my test airport basically and it never worked...).

Now it works. Its working with a clean sim without problems. Loaded up really quick too. Maybe 3 Mins.

Then i activated 6 of my contrail airports (wich are in an external library, managed with addonlinker) and the problem appeared again.....I started at EDDB (its one of the contrail apps) and it again loaded into Nirvana.

Then i deactivated all the contrail addons again and deinstalled EDDB and installed it directly into the community folder. Started the sim and guess what. EDDB works now. So now nothing  but EDDK and EDDB is installed and both are directly in the community folder.

Edit:
From there i installed EDDM fresh and of course, also EDDM works now. Does anyone know of another place besides sceneryIndexes, content.xml and the caches, where scenery layering info is stored?. Have tried so many things, i think this is among the worst problems ive ever tried to solve in whole flightsim. Only 1 P3D thing was worse....also with scenery layering. 

Edit2:

And i can just continue to report the same happening. Ive tried EDDH next, out of Contrail App Library with Addonlinker. Didnt load after reaching 100%. Deinstall, reinstall directly into community folder and viola, now it works. 

I wonder if there will ever be a Sim without this kind of hassle.

Edited by Senchai

BetaTeamB.png

I don’t use any linking apps, everything is just straight in my community folder. I get the same loading issue with handcrafted airports. If I force quit with alt-f4, relaunch the sim and select the same airport, it loads almost instantly.

Edited by Tuskin38