Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Which programming language for MSFS

21 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

For JavaScript, Microsoft were caught sleeping at the wheel with VBScript and Google leveraged that so JavaScript won that battle.  Personally I think JavaScript is an abomination for a multitude of reasons I can't possibly fill in a forum thread (even ignoring it's client-side security issues).

Not only Google, the open source community leveraged it as a whole. Regarding your opinion on your JavaScript, some will think the opposite on what you think ;). Anyway, personally for me, TypeScript is a good way to compile to Javascript as I always had problem with Javascript type safety.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

30 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes indeed, that's why it's so popular and so hated ... this article pretty much sums up JavaScript for me.  Employer's love it sooo ... maybe they just don't understand it?  😉

Cheers, Rob.  

The quote in the conclusion reminded me that there are only 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't. lol

• Like 3

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

53 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

The quote in the conclusion reminded me that there are only 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't. lol

😂

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes indeed, that's why it's so popular and so hated ... this article pretty much sums up JavaScript for me.  Employer's love it sooo ... maybe they just don't understand it?  😉

Cheers, Rob.  

It is the same logic as well for Python. Despite sometimes being annoying to the max (well Python and I we have complicated relationship lol) yet it is so popular among data science and machine learning programs 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Someone ever figure how to move that decades old saying into the quantum computing realm? 🤪

BTW, about 20 years ago I got a t-shirt as a gift with that printed on it; still gets an occasional grin when I wear it.

And finally, I love to program in perl.  10 well written lines of it can be worth dozens in other languages.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)