Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Nvidia 496.49 available

7 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

After all, that is why Nvidia goes to the trouble of updating them!

And security updates.

• Upvote 2

There is nothing on my computer that would be helped by new drivers. I'm just an old guy with old stuff. Not everyone needs the newest-and-the-bestest. Even Nvidia agrees with me  https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34/~/how-often-to-update-graphics-card-display-drivers .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ah right, that will make a difference perhaps but I’m not a fan of installing beta software.

If you’re getting more stutters with 11 why stay with it?

Deleting shaders is good but I’ve never deleted the cfg. I’m happy with my older drivers and W10. I’ll stay put for now.

What I meant was I noticed more stutters and pauses with the OLD drivers when I switched to Windows 11.  With the new Windows 11 drivers, the stutters and pauses have disappeared. NOTE the sentence BEFORE the statement that I got more stutters with Windows 11.

Also the new 496.49 drivers are not Beta drivers.  They are WHQL drivers.

Edited by spilok

Here's another flight sim community pattern that can be seen in almost every new driver update: 

1. One or a few say the new driver is out and that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Thank you for the notice, good for you it's working great. 
  2. A few others say they installed it but didn't see any improvements. Some others even argue with these people. 
  3. Others say the 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it" thing. Don't know why the need to say this every time, but some do.  

I'm glad it's working great for those that see a change. 

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

1 minute ago, David Vega said:

Here's another flight sim community pattern that can be seen in almost every new driver update: 

1. One or a few say the new driver is out and that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Thank you for the notice, good for you it's working great. 
  2. A few others say they installed it but didn't see any improvements. Some others even argue with these people. 
  3. Others say the 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it" thing. Don't know why the need to say this every time, but some do.  

I'm glad it's working great for those that see a change. 

I agree...I was very hesitant to even post the fact that I was having a positive experience with the new driver. That's the nature of this forum when it comes to new drivers.  I should have learned that it's dependent upon the individual's system and many other things.

Stan

37 minutes ago, spilok said:

What I meant was I noticed more stutters and pauses with the OLD drivers when I switched to Windows 11.  With the new Windows 11 drivers, the stutters and pauses have disappeared. NOTE the sentence BEFORE the statement that I got more stutters with Windows 11.

Also the new 496.49 drivers are not Beta drivers.  They are WHQL drivers.

Understood. I wasn’t referring to Nvidia drivers being beta. I was talking about Windows 11.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Understood. I wasn’t referring to Nvidia drivers being beta. I was talking about Windows 11.

Seems we have "a failure to communicate" today (Quite a famous line from Cool Hand Luke starring Paul Neuman).  Maybe tomorrow will be better. 

Stan

31 minutes ago, spilok said:

Seems we have "a failure to communicate" today (Quite a famous line from Cool Hand Luke starring Paul Neuman).  Maybe tomorrow will be better. 

Stan

“Tomorrow is another day”. Another famous line. 😁 It already is here. Time for shut eye.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, David Vega said:

Others say the 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it" thing. Don't know why the need to say this every time, but some do.

I say it every time because it's true. Here's a direct quote from NVIDIA  "The general rule of thumb for graphic card display drivers is "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"."

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.