Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

AIG Users - how many airlines have you got installed?

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Vic, it isn’t about winning or losing. A CPU running at a lower clock speed will take longer to process data. Have you considered overclocking your CPU.

I know Ray. I was just kidding. No I’ve actually been a little scared of over clocking because of what it might do to my system due to higher core temps. Not being very tech smart I figure that’s something I best leave alone. Sorry for off topic.

Vic green

3 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

I know Ray. I was just kidding. No I’ve actually been a little scared of over clocking because of what it might do to my system due to higher core temps. Not being very tech smart I figure that’s something I best leave alone. Sorry for off topic.

Vic, attempted humour can be misinterpreted. I too am reluctant to go into the BIOS and change things. But if you have a Asus motherboard ASUS SUITE 3 will do it all for you with zero risk. But you must have an Asus mobo.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wouldn't suggest overclocking a non-K Intel CPU, Ray. He's got one, a 7700. You're restricted to BCLK overclocking in that case which is quite limiting and generally not as painless and safe as overclocking a K-CPU.

With my 9900K it's just changing the multiplier and adding some cpu core voltage and that's it. With a non-K CPU I wouldn't bother unless he really knows what he's doing.

He can probably tell the cores to always use the Boost Clock at least which is 4.2 Ghz in his case iirc.

Edited by flycln
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On a somewhat related topic, would moving AIGTC, AIGM, and AI Companion to my other PC and using WideFS help with frame rates?

Thanks!

Bill

9 hours ago, flycln said:

I wouldn't suggest overclocking a non-K Intel CPU, Ray. He's got one, a 7700. You're restricted to BCLK overclocking in that case which is quite limiting and generally not as painless and safe as overclocking a K-CPU.

I hadn’t spotted that so good advice. 👍

6 hours ago, atc81 said:

On a somewhat related topic, would moving AIGTC, AIGM, and AI Companion to my other PC and using WideFS help with frame rates?

Thanks!

Bill

None at all Bill. AIC would benefit from having a separate screen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

All flightplans and loading from icon to main menu is around 1min on the first start of the days, after that it is jsut a few seconds.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I am still in the process of installing all the packages. Unfortunately if I select them as a multi-install, I find that the downloads freeze or time out after some time. I am clicking them one by one which takes way longer, but seems to be working for now.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

@sho69607, up to 10 at a time should be fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@sho69607, up to 10 at a time should be fine.

Thanks I'll try that. Have you noticed any FPS drop from using ai traffic?

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

6 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Thanks I'll try that. Have you noticed any FPS drop from using ai traffic?

Yes, it’s inevitable with any Ai package. But the Ai models are optimised for 64-bit so are very efficient. It’s all about balance. You can use a registered FSUIPC to control Ai numbers so you’re preferred frame rate is maintained.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/30/2021 at 4:51 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I hadn’t spotted that so good advice. 👍

None at all Bill. AIC would benefit from having a separate screen.

Thanks Ray. I will do just that.

Bill

My strategy is to install only the airlines that fly in real world from/to airports I use. I know people don't fly on Vatsim using real routes and airlines only but for me it's a good choice.

Adrian

I wish i knew more about how to do more custom things with it.  For example I don't see Avelo Airlines listed in AIG once click.  The other thing I'd like to do is add more classic livery's mixed in with current livery.  For example to have some delta airplanes in newest livery and some in the older ones from past decades.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I wish i knew more about how to do more custom things with it.  For example I don't see Avelo Airlines listed in AIG once click.  The other thing I'd like to do is add more classic livery's mixed in with current livery.  For example to have some delta airplanes in newest livery and some in the older ones from past decades.  

RCAI AveloAirlines Summer 2021 is there.

For your second point you need AI Flight Planner (free). http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=aifp

Open a traffic BGL and three columns are shown. The right-most shows all the aircraft with various liveries. You can assign flights for one aircraft to another by right-clicking an entry and choosing Replace. Each entry is preceeded with a 3 digit code. Just type the number for the livery you want to use. You can also change flights to a completely different aircraft but that isn't advisable. Compile the results and you have an updated BGL. You can only choose from what's available unless you're into painting Ai.

Takes a bit of learning but as with all powerful tools that is rewarded with things like you want.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks ray

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next