Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Turning up saturation to 200% doesn't automatically make for a good-looking sim just FYI

NMM6raq.png

That looks to you 200 percentage saturation? Good for you, dear. 

I Like it, thanks for sharing your shots

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I have addons for Prepar3D that I've only flown to once or twice, or sometimes not even that... I still have so much to explore and do...

For example, the Comanche from A2A has been parked for over a year in Friday Harbor, even with the Pacific Northwest from OrbX and countless airports around...

Recently, I bought the MAX from iFly and have only flown with it a handful of times.

Abandoning the entire fleet of A319 and A320 from FSLabs? The same goes for NGXu? Abandoning dozens of airports and addons? even the Majestic Q400!? I can't...

I just want better TrueSky and better antialiasing, nothing more. Really!

I can certainly relate to the first paragraph. It’s like today am I a bush pilot in Nicaragua, if so which plane. Especially since Milviz was so incredibly kind to the P3D community. Maybe an airline pilot if so what company, which study level jet, or a classic prop, what route, long haul or domestic. It’s the simmers version of multiple personality disorder. Yet always another add on to buy.😂

Vic green

7 hours ago, PavlinS said:

O, so you say that you won't have my hometown? Thank you. Dear. Why th you are here then? Or you want me to show you my sim even better looking? 
Sorry for the large amount of screenshots, but this guy made me angry. My sim is not to be underestimated. 

Really terrific shots here. 

• Upvote 2

Orman

Hmmm, yeah, here's some from me 🙂

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

The truth is that I have heard a few times on Twitch streams that "Prepar3D doesn't look so bad..."

Twitch streamers who mention "missing P3D and its airplanes" and followers of these streamers who perhaps didn't know P3D and are even willing to invest in it.

And again, there's no problem in having both (or three or more) platforms installed on the computer.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

3 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

The truth is that I have heard a few times on Twitch streams that "Prepar3D doesn't look so bad..."

Twitch streamers who mention "missing P3D and its airplanes" and followers of these streamers who perhaps didn't know P3D and are even willing to invest in it.

And again, there's no problem in having both (or three or more) platforms installed on the computer.

Well, honestly, I almost do not have space, I am changing my hard drive soon because I want my True Earth regions to be on SSD so I can have decent performance in sim, but even with those I do not have any peculiar interest in the new sim, because, honestly, I have enough sceneries to do VFR here as well. 

I'm not sure putting your trueEarth sceneries on SSDs will bring you any better performance. Better load times, and less stutters due to disk activities, yes, for sure. But I wouldn't expect any higher framerates.

Also, as far as I remember, cities or other dense areas in TrueEarth were really heavy on the FPS in P3Dv4. Is it different in P3Dv5 ? (with SAME hardware). I had to give up using trueEarth sceneries on my P3Dv4 precisely because of this. Even with just "regional" addons by OrbX, it was already quite bad for the performance of my sim...

In any case, moving to SSDs is a good move, no matter what.

Edited by Daube

10 minutes ago, Daube said:

I'm not sure putting your trueEarth sceneries on SSDs

Currently my P3D is splinted on two hard drives. First one is 1TB SSD for my landclass and airports stuff, also planes, external HDD for all the rest. 

External ?? Doesn't this slow down your load times drastically ?

21 minutes ago, Daube said:

.....Also, as far as I remember, cities or other dense areas in TrueEarth were really heavy on the FPS in P3Dv4. Is it different in P3Dv5 ? (with SAME hardware). I had to give up using trueEarth sceneries on my P3Dv4 precisely because of this. Even with just "regional" addons by OrbX, it was already quite bad for the performance of my sim...

My ORBx TrueEarth Great Britain and Netherlands framerates are very good at maximum scenery complexity and autogen density levels, and my PC is a very mediocre system by today's standards (i5 7600k @ 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4-3600 RAM/6GB GTX 980Ti).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My system is a bit more recent than yours, and as far as I remember, while I was getting really excellent framerates in rural areas (no matter the density of forests), flying over London (or any other big city) was really hammering the fluidity of my sim. And I didn't even have any heavy AI traffic or anything like that 😕

EDIT: you meant in P3Dv5 right ? Not in v4 ?

If so, then P3Dv5 did get some serious performance upgrade, which is a very good thing 🙂

Edited by Daube

2 minutes ago, Daube said:

My system is a bit more recent than yours, and as far as I remember, while I was getting really excellent framerates in rural areas (no matter the density of forests), flying over London (or any other big city) was really hammering the fluidity of my sim. And I didn't even have any heavy AI traffic or anything like that 😕

Well, I am in change, because I use this pc for 4 years, I am waiting parts atm, so one of them will be 8TB SSD for all my games [ I play also Steam games as well]. And yes, it is slowing down performance in sim nvm I am atm on RTX 4090, but my processor is still old, I am on i7 9700KF, but I will change it to i9 13900KF. Also new motherboard will be in order, new power supply... A lot of stuff. 

Edited by PavlinS

Oh wow you have a RTX4090 ? I wish I could afford it. 😕 I'm more of a customer for the NVidia xx70 cards, and my current GTX1070ti is showing its age now, especially in VR !! But the 4070ti is a bit disappointing, so I'm considering choosing a 4080 instead, despite the price level 😞

My computer is now more than 5 years old, with an i7 8700k and that GTX1070ti, and I will soon upgrade for a similar hardware to yours, just a notch below. Hopefully i will be able to push the resolution in my VR headset a bit more, finally 🙂 Now, if we could have a P3Dv6 to test at that time, that would be sweet...

8 minutes ago, Daube said:

Oh wow you have a RTX4090 ? I wish I could afford it. 😕

Ya, I took cheaper one, honestly, found an MSI Ventus RTX 4090 on lower price, it does the job, the performance in sim significantly improved. Agree for the P3D v6, that will be awesome, hopefully the old add-on's to become compatible for the version, because I do not have funds to buy everything again.