Sign in to follow this  
demontraitor

Very quiet responses

I have installed 2.6.2.4 b1 and I am having volume problems. Headset volume is fine in everything, Have not changed anything in P2A but all the responses are too quiet to hear. volume settings are at 100, but no change. Can I be missing something?

Voices are fine testing through voice settings Windows 10 settings, it's just P2A that's too quiet...

I have the same problem. 

But reinstall doesnt help. 

My volume turns always from 100% to 30% in the soundbar. 

This can happen if the Windows Communications Setting is not set to Do Nothing.  Check in the Sound Control Panel->Communications tab to be sure it is set to Do Nothing.

Even with Do Nothing set, I have had this happen with P3D randomly and have not figured out what causes it.  It does change depending on which program has focus.  For me, it does not happen with other SIMs.

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave, 
I just wanted to let you know that the same problem is back today. 
But the setting in the control panel is as you said. 
kind regards 🙂

Note: I have now reinstalled the default version. so it works normally. I fly with the MSFS20 and have the following additional programs running: SimToolKitPro and FS2Crew FBW A320

Edited by SarahSway

Hi, Dave

it seem I am not alone with this issue I did install the last Beta 1B but still the same issue, and yes I run Windows 11 but with the Default version, it works just fine, just to let you know.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the report.

What voices are you using in Pilot2ATC?  

Dave

If you mean the Microsoft voices, then I use David, Zira and Hedda 

I was actually wondering if you were using some of the non-Microsoft voices like AWS Polly.

I did some searching on the web and it seems that when Windows has more than one program using voices, it sometimes, not always, reduces the volume.  There were no definitive fixes, but there were several actions recommended.

Here's one such article:

Fix: Volume Automatically Goes Down / Up Windows 10 - Appuals.com

I haven't performed any of the recommendations except the setting of the Communications action to Do Nothing, but some of the others might apply to some systems.  I don't have any of the advanced sound settings, etc. they mention in the article.

Dave

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I was actually wondering if you were using some of the non-Microsoft voices like AWS Polly.

I did some searching on the web and it seems that when Windows has more than one program using voices, it sometimes, not always, reduces the volume.  There were no definitive fixes, but there were several actions recommended.

Here's one such article:

Fix: Volume Automatically Goes Down / Up Windows 10 - Appuals.com

I haven't performed any of the recommendations except the setting of the Communications action to Do Nothing, but some of the others might apply to some systems.  I don't have any of the advanced sound settings, etc. they mention in the article.

Dave

I have tried all of this, but nothing work.

I think it's because of the beta. Because with the default version it works. However, with the default version I have the problem that the program freeze constantly 😞

I've compared the code in the beta related to speech to that in the released version, and there is no difference.  I also can't duplicate the problem where the Windows volume drops when I run P2A and any of the SIMs.

Do you run any other programs, besides P2A and MSFS, that do anything with sound?

Might be worth check the Volume Mixer by right clicking the Speaker in the task bar and selecting Volume Mixer.  Be sure your SIM and P2A are running when you do the check.  It should show all the programs running that use sound.

Many PCs come with Sound Add On programs from the manufacturer that are run at startup.  Some of these programs may alter sound settings that won't show up when you check Windows user sound settings..  Check to be sure there are not other sound related programs running.  Also be sure that you have the latest Audio Drivers for your headset installed.

Sorry I don't have a direct solution.

If you find out what is causing the problem, please let us know.

Dave

Hi Dave 🙂

It is strange, because if nothing has been changed there in the code, then it must be something else.

Because as I said, with the default version it works.

But I will try to find out what it is and let you know then 🙂

Sarah

Hi Dave,

unfortunately I also have to confirm that the sound is always set to 'quiet' with the beta version!
With the regular version everything works fine ...
...so unfortunately I had to uninstall the BETA version - now the sound works again !
Very strange, especially as supposedly nothing has been changed in this respect...

kind regards

ggerolamo

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

When you say the sound is set to "quiet", what does that mean.  Does the volume on the WIndows Mixer panel get lowered, does the master Windows volume get lowered, or do P2A voices just seem quieter?

There are many Volume settings in Windows and in P2A, so please be very specific about what is changing and I might be able to find something.

Dave