Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

More AIG thoughts

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I seem to remember when AIG was in P3D, that the more complex the models, the heavier the load on the system trying to create them. Has anyone done a comparison of performance using AIG, versus the stock MSFS AI?  The other issue of course, is what happens when another SU drops, will AI users run into CTDs or some other problem?  Not worth seeing some nicer looking AI at the airport, and having your FPS go into the dumpster.  

As far as I can tell for the last 48 hours of use, I did not see a hit running it on full 100% injection blast. We have to remember that we finally have a platform that is optimized to today's hardware standards, FSX and P3D was not it, but LM tried their best. 

• Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Yes I'm thinking the same, I've been trying for days to get AIG up and running, I feel this might be the best outcome.

It must be an age thing, for me anyway? But I just cant get anywhere.

Regards Brian

I'm sure it's an age thing. I just can't wrap my head around all of the options.

People use terms like AI Offline, AI online, and so on, and I look and can't find a setting with that name. 

Is AI Online synonymous with Real time AI or is it some other setting?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I'm sure it's an age thing. I just can't wrap my head around all of the options.

People use terms like AI Offline, AI online, and so on, and I look and can't find a setting with that name. 

Is AI Online synonymous with Real time AI or is it some other setting?

I sent you a DM. If you'd like and are willing to work with me, I will get you going.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Let me put it that way: Simple traffic vs AIG immersion-wise is like flying with FS9 clouds vs MSFS clouds. Probably even worse - just find yourself a fitting analogy for seeing Simple Traffic's "Ryanair A330" at the airport.
This is not any Aerosoft-hating by the way - 24 hours ago I bought their CRJ 900/1000.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

At least you don't have to twist yourself into a pretzel to install a one click add on. For many, and this goes back years, wrestling with AIG is a major PIA. 

It's not even half that complicated, I bet you did a lot more stuff trying to fix the clouds after SU6 or whatever. But I understand that it seems complicated. That's what originally kept me away from AIG on P3D several years ago, and I still regret that mistake.

See installing is just those steps:
a) Copy the downloaded folders from AIM and TC somewhere - no matter where.
b) Open AIM, set the folder path for TC. (MSFS community folder is being found on its own).
c) Choose - let's say 20 airlines -, click on "bulk install". After a couple of minutes it's done. Close AIM.
d) Open TC. Set the path to the community folder. Ready to go.

I'd even challenge the fact this has more clicks involved than installing Simple Traffic. You can literally download 1000 airlines by clicking three times and holding SHIFT once.

I'm just saying it's free, and Simple Traffic is not out yet, so no harm in trying it out anyway.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

As far as I can tell for the last 48 hours of use, I did not see a hit running it on full 100% injection blast. We have to remember that we finally have a platform that is optimized to today's hardware standards, FSX and P3D was not it, but LM tried their best. 

You say you did not see a hit so I assume you are seeing the same FPS with or without AIG. Is this correct?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I was pulling my hair out with AIG the last 2 days an was on the verge of binning it off an waiting in line for simple traffic, but I can safely say it’s worth it and like what’s been said above it’s a learning curve but once you get a feel for it you’ll be fine.. Just loading up Heathrow for the first time, seeing it the way it should be and you’ll be pleased, may even give yourself an approving nod in the mirror 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You say you did not see a hit so I assume you are seeing the same FPS with or without AIG. Is this correct?

I can say I’ve checked the numbers but another guy in the main thread said he noticed a 1fps reduction. Which frankly is witchcraft given the number of AI we’re talking about.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Yes. 🙂

• Like 1

Jacek G.

12 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I can say I’ve checked the numbers but another guy in the main thread said he noticed a 1fps reduction. Which frankly is witchcraft given the number of AI we’re talking about.

That might have been me. I've had -2 FPS at KORD and -7 FPS at EDDF. At EDDF I just chose 50% for traffic injection and I was well over 30 FPS again. By the way I run anything on Ultra and only have average hardware (1080ti and Ryzen 3600).
No comparison to P3D where a full EGLL easily cost me 30 FPS and made this unplayable...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Yes. 🙂

You're getting 0 fps hit with 100% traffic injection? Do you have all the flightplans installed and at what airport?

There is a 5-15fps hit when I've tested @ 100 at a number of different airports (on a 5900x / 3080ti). 

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

There is a 5-15fps hit when I've tested @ 100 at a number of different airports (on a 5900x / 3080ti). 

Ouch!  Yikes!  Help!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, DylanM said:

You're getting 0 fps hit with 100% traffic injection? Do you have all the flightplans installed and at what airport?

I tested at ORD and DEN. I stand corrected - I don't see any performance issues when panning, using the drone and just move around the airport. I am no FPS freak and don't count them and just fly, but I can tell instantly when the performance drops. So if there's someone out there that will consider 5 fps drop as performance degradation (ps. LOL) then I'd say AIG isn't for them, OR lower that injection slider to 20%. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

So if there's someone out there that will consider 5 fps drop as performance degradation (ps. LOL)

I run at 60fps so it isn't much of an issue, but someone running 30 may think otherwise. For 100% injection though, I consider that drop fair (especially if the models are still a WIP). 

My tests were at EGLL, OMDB, CYVR and LSZH. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DylanM said:

I run at 60fps so it isn't much of an issue, but someone running 30 may think otherwise. For 100% injection though, I consider that drop fair (especially if the models are still a WIP). 

My tests were at EGLL, OMDB, CYVR and LSZH. 

I'm on a fairly decent and somewhat older box, 7700k + 2070super and I notice no difference tbh. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.