Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

How to download update

So today I start Flight Sim and get the notice of the mandatory update. All it says is to go to the store. I go there and can not find any mention of a download. Can someone tell me where to look? Of course the sim wont start until I do the download.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

So today I start Flight Sim and get the notice of the mandatory update. All it says is to go to the store. I go there and can not find any mention of a download. Can someone tell me where to look? Of course the sim wont start until I do the download.

Thanks

In the Store, go to your library and check for Updates.

Bert

Hi,

Again! It didn’t work for me. I had to uninstall MSFS and reinstall it from scratch (95% now).

This is happening to me since SU5.

Why?

4 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Again! It didn’t work for me. I had to uninstall MSFS and reinstall it from scratch (95% now).

This is happening to me since SU5.

Why?

I really wonder if you have to do that...  I do know the MS Store is finnicky, but reinstall? 😉

Bert

first time i have had to reinstall after a update, update went fine all installed, installed the updates from content manager, then restarted the sim and get a message saying You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again

it needed a reinstall anyway been putting it off for weeks

Ms store is awful. It's always a guessing game trying to figure out how to start the update. It's never easy. This time the download was perpetually stuck on "Pending". I cleared the cache and that didnt work, so I had to try logging in with another account. Then it worked. Why cant it just update when it has to update? Windows updates are so pushy you have to work to stop them when you dont want them, but MSFS is the complete opposite and it takes a lot of work and effort to get it to run.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John Fields said:

John, where is your MSFS installed, on your C drive or another drive?

Where does your UserCfg.opt point to for your packages (last line)?

Are you using the same folder indicated in your UserCfg.opt file when you download your updates?

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

OK. With a little help from my friend, I got it done. I had to get to the store and find my Library. Clicked on that and saw the Flight Sim icon and clicked on that and there was the button for downloading the update. After that I had to start the sim and go to Content Manager and do the update there. This is the clunkiest GUI I have ever seen. They all need to take lessons from ORBX, the scenery people.

• Upvote 1

Jorg mentioned that the updates will be cloud driven aka windows update..

That's why they call Flight Simulation a hobby I guess.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

9 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

John, where is your MSFS installed, on your C drive or another drive?

Where does your UserCfg.opt point to for your packages (last line)?

Are you using the same folder indicated in your UserCfg.opt file when you download your updates?

Hi, Bernard,

I didn't read the content of the UserCfg.opt (I never did, actually).

Until SU5 every update was ok. The folder was the same.

I don't know what is happening.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.