Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bernard Ducret

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bernard Ducret

  1. Like all advertising for watches worldwide, they always show 10.10, so I would not count on that as an indication! But I'd be glad to be wrong!!!
  2. MSFS AddonsBlack Square's Twin Commanders show off two very differen...Fresh screenshots of the 690B and 685 arrive ahead of a fuller development update that Just Flight says is due within the next couple of weeks.Just in case you missed it, enjoy!
  3. It was definitively there in FS20, I had it several times when my destination airport add-on was simply not loaded at the very end of my flight, and I had to land on a default airport with poor graphics. With some help from AIG, I could finally get rid of it by applying a number of limitations on the objects to be loaded. For example the AIG ground service vehicles (as I mentioned on this thread earlier) had to be reduced to 35%, that was the magical number then. I have been with FS24 for less than a year and never encountered this problem once, so it seems to be resolved.
  4. You can also use this: https://flightsim.to/search?q=sim+rate+selector&cat=utilities&sub_cat=miscellaneous&sim=msfs2024 No need to go to Dev Mode and always available on the tool bar.
  5. Are you aware that AIG already provides in its package ground services and that you can select the percentage you wish (I recommend not more than 35% to avoid SimObjects overflow)?
  6. I do not own the INI A388 so my explanation may not be valid, but I updated my AIRACS this afternoon as usual via the Navigraph data manager that includes all my addons, do you have this Navigraph data manager and does the INI A388 appear on the list of addons supported? If so, do it through that software.
  7. This will deviate from the OP message, so please accept my apologies, but I thought essential to address this: Bunchy, we have very similar systems, mine is even lower than yours with my RTX 3090 (24GB VRAM), and I don't have stutters at INIBuilds EGLL. How can we explain that: 1/ One variable would be the graphic settings but mine are mostly on ultra. TLOD 160, OLOD 160 2/ How much VRAM do you have? 3/ Do you use Addon-Linker (AL) or do you fill up your Community folder with all Addons? (I use AL) 4/ How many other software do you use jointly with FS24? (I am using GSX Pro) 5/ What AI traffic do you have? (Mine is AIG full package, close to 2'940 flight-plans and more than 300 simobjects, with plenty of ground services)
  8. I have both the MD11 and the L1011. They are obviously world apart in terms of technology and it really depends on whether you prefer the old steam gauge setup or the more modern glass cockpit. Personally , I have a particular attraction to the steam gauges which are more demanding, especially if you intend to fill the engineer seat as well doing the job of three... Having said that, I find myself flying the MD11 quite often too, this is a superb rendition of the original aircraft, to conclude I would be quite hesitant to put one before the other, simply because they are so different and both are equally well done.
  9. A few more suggestions:: Briefy — The SimBrief Panel - Utilities for MSFS | Flightsim.to FS Pilot - Moving Map with Teleport - Android client - Utilities for MSFS | Flightsim.to Simple EFB Moving Map - Utilities for MSFS | Flightsim.to
  10. You can try this freeware: https://flightsim.to/addon/93874/msfs-passenger-map-an-app-that-emulates-a-passenger-information-screen-and-map You can use it on an iPad or iPhone.
  11. Just when I thought I was fluent in English... Looks like I still have a lot to learn, can't make sense of this barbecue stuff! A tad frustrating as I suppose it's meant to be funny. Sorry, no steak for me, I am a fish guy! There you go, I hope I spoilt your sauce now. As for this airplane, too bad it has glass instruments, I had in mind to buy my first A2A plane, but no thanks, no GA with glass cockpit for me, I will have to wait for the next one.
  12. If you promote a product to sell in this forum, are you not supposed to display a "Commercial" tag under your name? Yours shows "Members". This is what is misleading in my opinion. May be a clarification from AVSIM staff would be welcome. Best of success with your project.
  13. I disagree with Doctor Ron Atwood, you'v been smoking something projecting you in the future, but it's obviously affecting your ability to use your smartphone, never use both jointly. It's also badly downgrading your judgement, better not share your views at this time. Get back to 2026.
  14. If that is so, it might explain why I have yet to experience a single crash (I dont even know how it looks like) because - given my numerous addons - I am using Addon Linker and only keep active those addons I need for my flight. This would be worth and relatively simple digging into.
  15. MSFS AddonsPropair Flight brings the PT6A Cheyenne III to MSFS 2024,...The PT6A-powered twin is due at the end of September, arriving in passenger and medevac forms alongside a training course that ends in a checkride.Never heard of this developer before and curious to try this product while we wait for the new BS King Air. Decidedly GA is now filling up my hangars (too) quickly this year. I had some exciting stick time on a Cheyenne 2 in Africa ages ago and certainly look forward to revive old memories, although this version looks like a different animal.
  16. I have been using FS24 since December 25 and had no difficulty using my fourteen GoFlight modules including launching the GF interface so as to use my radios with the corresponding digits, simply follow the same procedure as with FS20.
  17. Thank you, I was aware of this and implemented it, however the latest update in FS24 settings released last month allows to avoid the Shift+C stage, that's why that step vanished. The point is that chocks are not removed by the EFB although it says so on the tablet. Another disturbing item is that GSX does not detect those chocks and performs the pushback normally. Hence even more confusion.
  18. Be warned, this is a rant. This morning I started a night flight with the Inibuilds A310 in MSFS 2024 for the first time ( I had used it extensively in FS20 before with no issue and a lot of pleasure), all flight prep went well, pushback "on time" from the gate, the tug is disconnected and goes away, I gently applied thrust to taxi, errr well... I tried, tried again... no way the A310 was solidly stuck to the ground - even with full thrust... Parking brake off: checked, chocks removed before pushback: double check on the EFB, no conflicting hardware settings: checked, did I miss something? Checklist once more from scratch, no item missed. I restarted the flight from the runway this time and could taxi normally on the runway. The mystery goes on! Internet investigation to see if the Inibuilds A310 has a parking brake issue with MSFS 2024, zilch! Until... Until after yet another restart from the gate, I checked the plane from the outside view and noticed that all chocks were in place even after pushback!!! Evidently, I did not know that (in MSFS 2024) they had to be removed while doing the walk around since there is a click spot for that in the EFB and they were shown as removed - and removing chocks is not exactly expected from an airline pilot! So there you go, Inibuilds does not intend to correct the problem, that's for Asobo to do it according to them. Next time you walk around your A310, don't forget those chocks, and if your immaculate uniform gets dirty, send the dry-cleaning bill to Inibuilds... or Asobo!
  19. And on PC, according to the official MSFS 2024 site. However the official Xbox status page does not mention anything at all, only Minecraft is down according to them! https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  20. Unfortunate event but was indeed foreseeable given our dependency on Internet for this game... Now where did I put this FSX DVD? Unless I start P3D v4.5? Ugly perspective in both cases.
  21. With Steam... (for you) Down in Switzerland too and no way to sign into XBox, tried several times.
  22. Any Simulator acceleration? (like x 100)...
  23. I usually stay away from threads where this happens, but it seems to become the norm and therefore difficult to escape from: Argue back and forth without substance, express - preferably loudly - a negative opinion about somebody, a company or a product we know very little - if anything - about, so as to claim later on, should the project fail: "See, I was right and told you a long time ago!" What purpose does it really serve beside hurting people and spreading negativity? Warn potential buyers? What exactly are we encouraged to buy at this time: Be part of the testing, so why don't doubters enlist and fire at the team with something tangible to criticise: the real product instead of a list of objectives? Because that is not appealing or rewarding as it means hard work and no public forum to shine through with hasty judgement. Some people here need to take a deep breath and learn how to enjoy life instead of throwing their misery to others in fora like this one made for genuine aviation lovers, not for experts in tasseography (tea leaves readers if you prefer). This thread is (should be) about learning of a product under development, and for us to ask pertinent and constructive questions so as to guide and contribute if at all possible... not to throw mud at somebody who tries to explain his project, with some degree of passion and deft marketing - as his position would require. We will have every opportunity to judge positively or otherwise the final product when it will be up for sale. Then we will have substance.
  24. People in Europe in general, but Switzerland in particular are in love with trains. Switzerland has the densest train network in the world (https://www.swisscommunity.org/en/news-media/swiss-revue/article/switzerland-has-the-worlds-densest-rail-network) so I am not surprised that the first MSFS train real network is from our country... He has even done train stations here: https://flightsim.to/addon/113024/train-stations-switzerland
  25. May I ask a very simple question to those of you who have the bird please? Is there a way to completely hide the EFB and its frame, like in the TFDi MD11 for example with a simple click? The proliferation of these iPads in old cockpits is really a factor for me, I understand their usefulness indeed, but being able to completely hide them after the preflight is a must as they really kill the immersion in time (Like the GPS). If it's not there, @MattNischan could this be added in the future (again the best reference for that is the TDFi MD11, one click and it's gone, or in all Black Square planes). Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.